Phil Gould on Recruitment

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus Gould managing the Roster nicely, Cotric gone, the signing of Sutton on a reduced contract compared to Thompson is good footy management, Gould will release Thompson in 23 to take up a longer deal here or overseas so his off our books, Vaughan's glory days of 800k are gone so he might get a 2 yr deal at 400k here,, Waddell could follow in a similar Thompson deal,RFM and Stimson gone and maybe Allen too,all I can say thank God Gus is on board
Thompson might go but we will have to pay freight. Probably $350k.

If Waddell is on $250k our freight will be $248k.

We would pay $350k of Allan’s $350k

Stimson off contract. RFM off contract

Last edited:

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson might go but we will have to pay freight. Probably $350k.

If Waddell is on $250k our freight will be $248k.

We would pay $350k of Allan’s $350k

Stimson off contract. RFM off contract
Waddell is not worth moving on if on 250k. You won't replace with any better for that money (unless you fluke one).

Our current cap problems are really Thompson (good player, just on overs), Flanagan (reserve grader), Allen (overs).. and probably Jackson (depending on how much the allowances discount his salary)

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould was called in to do a hatchet job so I have no doubt he will reshape current roster and juniors during 2022 wherever possible. Flanno, Stimson, Allen, RFM, Okenbur, Wakeham, Waddell. Thompson, Hetherington, JMK & Averillo would all be in the firing line if the club doesn't get wins in 22 & Barrett is already been walked onto the plank according to TAB & they are never far from the mark. Then we have Vaughan & Dufty on 1 year deals. I would not be surprised to see 6 to 10 changes to our 30 man roster over the next 12 months.
PS> I put Hetho in there because, if he cannot curb the suspensions he is useless to us

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy: You sound like you are describing a fair chunk of our stating 17…
A lot of clubs have players who are suspect in defence. Not just us. Kalyn Ponga a good example. Hope they move him to the halves at some stage.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With the rumour of Milford heading to the Knights, could it be possible Adam Clune becomes available? I must admit I was never a fan, but surely he’s gotta be better than what we have. As others have said, we don’t need a flashy halfback. Just someone to guide the team, kick well and take some pressure off Burton
He can run too almost ran down Dufty.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus Gould managing the Roster nicely, Cotric gone, the signing of Sutton on a reduced contract compared to Thompson is good footy management, Gould will release Thompson in 23 to take up a longer deal here or overseas so his off our books, Vaughan's glory days of 800k are gone so he might get a 2 yr deal at 400k here,, Waddell could follow in a similar Thompson deal,RFM and Stimson gone and maybe Allen too,all I can say thank God Gus is on board
Thompson versus Sutton, time we’ve paid the freight on Thompson, Sutton same money !