Phil Gould on Recruitment

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been told there will be a Half coming to the Dogs either signed by June 30, or on loan, but very likely in 23 at no time will the decision be rushed in picking a halfback ,Pearce was in talks but decided the Nrl was to demanding and opted for France, Flanagan won't last the season, either England or a settlement payment will be given to him, But remember folks 8 pts off 2nd last place in 21 where not good, this is going to take time ,Luke Thompson will go back to England at seasons end so alot of changes to come

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Obviously Phil though there is no HB out there...

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dave what are you batting these days???? I have been told there will be a Half coming to the Dogs either signed by June 30, or on loan, but very likely in 23....Sounds very assuring. Way to have a crack Dave :grinning:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have been told there will be a Half coming to the Dogs either signed by June 30, or on loan, but very likely in 23 at no time will the decision be rushed in picking a halfback ,Pearce was in talks but decided the Nrl was to demanding and opted for France, Flanagan won't last the season, either England or a settlement payment will be given to him, But remember folks 8 pts off 2nd last place in 21 where not good, this is going to take time ,Luke Thompson will go back to England at seasons end so alot of changes to come
ahhh special Dave is at again. We are signing a player by june 30, but then says we wont rush in 23? isnt signing a player this year rushing?
you are just stating the obvious, if a quality half comes on the market we would be interested.
you are quoting facebook posts and they have the strike rate of Nasheed and yourself, zero.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did he tell you this at golf?

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve never been one or have I ever claimed to have any inside info in my 10 years as a member on the kennel, and I usually never mention anything like this weather I’m [emoji817] or not. but I’ve been told from a very good friend of mine who has some dealings with the club which I won’t go into details on.that this is Luke Thompson’s last year at the club and that we really went hard into trying to get rid of him this year.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve never been one or have I ever claimed to have any inside info in my 10 years as a member on the kennel, and I usually never mention anything like this weather I’m [emoji817] or not. but I’ve been told from a very good friend of mine who has some dealings with the club which I won’t go into details on.that this is Luke Thompson’s last year at the club and that we really went hard into trying to get rid of him this year.
With all the off season reports and whispers that circulated even blind Freddy could see that. But thanks for the info.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Where there is smoke there is usually fire, journos might embellish stories and they definitely have their own agendas but it’s rare for them to just completely make shit up.