Petrol prices

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So if we talk about faith as in psychologically functional thought in the face of objective uncertainty, we have can have a conversation? I will agree that much of what religious people call faith is more akin to superstition, a blind deluded thought process. However I would also suggest that those who try to hold claim to a level of objectivity that makes them immune to any need to function with the use of subjective certainty also have a blind deluded thought process.
Yep. In this case I would say that the context is the most relevant part. Mr T said the usual, "oh ye of little faith" in response to me calling Abrahamic religion apocalypse ideas "mythology"

So we could go through every definition or concept of faith, but most would not be relevant to the conversation and would obviously not be what we were talking about.

So instead we go into it being religious faith (as the point of discussion) then look at the dictionary definition of that as seen in definition #2:

Screenshot_20220312-190459_Edge.jpg

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't buy the shit, buy a 250 or catch the train, been babying the ute, the world is changing.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
So if we talk about faith as in psychologically functional thought in the face of objective uncertainty, we have can have a conversation? I will agree that much of what religious people call faith is more akin to superstition, a blind deluded thought process. However I would also suggest that those who try to hold claim to a level of objectivity that makes them immune to any need to function with the use of subjective certainty also have a blind deluded thought process.
Wow - deep for the kennel.

imv - the blind deluded thought process is fine as long it aligns with what I want our society to be (noting the perception bias). If a religion or faith is out there supporting the homeless, we all clap. If a religion is out there chopping heads for whatever reason, its a problem.

And thats in the broader principle of what those people perceive as a genuine belief. When you have belief systems using religion to make money and garner influence - that's where the rubber hits the road.

Anyways - I believe in 98ron. Makes my wrexy sing. Am I bad? No idea but to get back on topic - its raping my wallet atm.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a biblical myth which is pretty complex and not even theological scholars really know the origin of it, but generally Magog is used as a apocalyptic thing in the bible mythology. It's sometimes a certain people (used for racism purposes), or a single person, or a concept (at one stage a scholar believed that the Great Wall of China was Magog)

Generally throughout history any time it looks like a potential apocalyptic scenario (WW1, WW2, Cuban missile crisis, etc), devoutly Abrahamic religious people, especially Jehovah's Witness, have stated that Magog is involved.

Basically put, it's a bringer or sign of the apocalypse in Abrahamic religious myth.
This comment denotes you are not equiped to understand what I am talking about and never will be, because in order to do so you must first have faith in something greater than yourself.

Whenever I read one of your post’s, especially a post responding to me and my faith, I always think of this passage below…

Romans 1:21-22
Although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools.

The Holy Bible says in the last days that the world would be full of mocker’s and scoffer’s and it was not wrong judging by the comments I receive whenever I post about my faith in Messiah.

BTW I am not a Jehovah’s witness nor will I ever be, for their followers take their doctrine from the watchtower ( a governing body of men which have made many false prophesies ) and their followers are forbidden by these men to read the Holy Bible independently… geez I wonder why that is mmm?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This comment denotes you are not equiped to understand what I am talking about and never will be, because in order to do so you must first have faith in something greater than yourself.

Whenever I read one of your post’s, especially a post responding to me and my faith, I always think of this passage below…

Romans 1:21-22
Although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools.

The Holy Bible says in the last days that the world would be full of mocker’s and scoffer’s and it was not wrong judging by the comments I receive whenever I post about my faith in Messiah.

BTW I am not a Jehovah’s witness nor will I ever be, for their followers take their doctrine from the watchtower ( a governing body of men which have made many false prophesies ) and their followers are forbidden by these men to read the Holy Bible independently… geez I wonder why that is mmm?
Yeah, Jehovah's witnesses' are odd. But they're fun to chat with.

Your beliefs are fair enough, but there's always a level of hypocrisy when it comes to the religious stuff. For example, suggesting that I could not discuss it because I have no faith does exactly what you're accusing me of. Mocking.

It suggests that there is no way my beliefs should be respected but your beliefs should be strongly respected.

Anyway, maybe the world is coming to an end. Maybe it'll keep going for another few billion years. Want to bet on it?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
One just assumes their own logic is universal. I'd call full homo giving and receiving of a length. Half homo would be either giving or receiving.
In my universe - being half is only one end. Amazing how different perceptions shape reality.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m locked in $1.90 on 7 eleven app. Unleaded

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One just assumes their own logic is universal. I'd call full homo giving and receiving of a length. Half homo would be either giving or receiving.
Here's an interesting philosophical question for you. Are you half-homo, or are you half-straight?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Your beliefs are fair enough, but there's always a level of hypocrisy when it comes to the religious stuff. For example, suggesting that I could not discuss it because I have no faith does exactly what you're accusing me of. Mocking.

It suggests that there is no way my beliefs should be respected but your beliefs should be strongly respected.

Anyway, maybe the world is coming to an end. Maybe it'll keep going for another few billion years. Want to bet on it?
Doesn't that just come with the territory? Everyone believes their beliefs are right and all the rest are wrong?

I guess it's just how you go about it that makes the difference.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Forgive me if my words led you to take what I was implying out of context, I was not mocking you, nor was I being a hypocrite, I was merely commenting on in your words ( Some don’t need faith ) your lack of faith and inability or disability to have faith. What you choose to believe is your choice and I always respect others God given right to choose what they want to believe in or not to believe in. All I was saying is that if you did have belief in what I do then you would be equiped to understand, however your reluctance to have the same faith negates all ability to ever understand what I am talking about.

You say that faith, particularly religious faith is believing in something without actual evidence or proof, my evidence is the Holy Bible, how is that not evidence may I ask?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can't be half of anything without being half of the other.
But are you half gay on the way to being full gay, or are you half straight on the way to being full straight?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Forgive me if my words led you to take what I was implying out of context, I was not mocking you, nor was I being a hypocrite, I was merely commenting on in your words ( Some don’t need faith ) your lack of faith and inability or disability to have faith. What you choose to believe is your choice and I always respect others God given right to choose what they want to believe in or not to believe in. All I was saying is that if you did have belief in what I do then you would be equiped to understand, however your reluctance to have the same faith negates all ability to ever understand what I am talking about.

You say that faith, particularly religious faith is believing in something without actual evidence or proof, my evidence is the Holy Bible, how is that not evidence may I ask?
I see the bible more as a guide than evidence. It's a group of stories that may or may not be true. You choose to believe it and that's good, but it's not evidence any more than the Bhagavad Gita is evidence that ancient gods battled for earth, or Star Wars is evidence Jedi exist.

Writings without corroboration are just writings.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Faith is a good thing for many. But if people are convinced that the world is going to end and that we can't do anything about it, then they're less likely to actually do something about it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The government should print more money, give everyone fuel vouchers to discover the cheapest petrol. Causing more inflation and devaluing the AUD.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well done Frydenberg & Scomo for the borderline criminal lockdowns & money printing/stimulus/bailouts as a reaction to CONvid oops I mean covid 19