Petition Gus to Re-Sign Vaughan

Azoabi7

Waterboy
Reaction score
Gus has proven himself to be one of the greatest minds in Rugby League history. Turned a garbage Penrith in to the NRLs elite team, and is currently in the process of turning the Dogs back into a powerhouse.
He rarely makes the wrong decision, but I seriously think not Re-Signing Vaughan is a mistake.
we need to start a petition for this.

Malla

Reaction score
Gotta be asking for too much for us but surely there’s another team in the NRL that could use him. He’s worth at least 500k compared to some of the other front rowers in the comp.

Steve Bos

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He should have backed himself and not signed with an ESL Club so early. An ESL contract would have always been there for him even as late as August. Technically, he is still the incumbent Test prop after all (albeit the last Test Australia played was at the end of 2019).

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m really thankful for what he’s done for us this year and wish he stayed on. No way he’s getting big dollars in ESL with a total cap of 1.6 million pounds. At the end of the day it is too late unfortunately.

For those saying trust Gus with everything I heard the same about Greenburg and Hasler, it’s good to have faith but I’m not going to be a sheep just because Gus made a decision.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have no doubt the club would have been willing to offer him a new deal...
But Paul is on a smaller 1 year deal this year and would of lost a bit of coin when sacked last year... I feel he knew he would of been better off chasing a final big pay day in the super league than stay in the nrl.... If he wasn't chasing a final big pay cheque he would of found a deal somewhere in the nrl even if it wasn't with us....
I could be wrong but I rekon that's what he wanted all along after this year and you can't blame him...
Also I know he lives in wollongong still and is just up the road from Trent Barrett...
Maybe he used to travel with Trent to training etc so things are a bit more different now...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A bit late for that. I also would have re-signed him but he's signed elsewhere now

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Vaughan has been good. I wish he was kept on too. But it's a done deal for him to go to the ESL and Gus has already signed Sutton, Pele and Davey, so what's done is done..