Pet appreciation Thread! Show us your pets

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my mad..but very loving..German Shepherd Monnie..for no other reason than to say she’s gotta better beard than @ASSASSIN lol!!

View attachment 8807
Awww shes gorgeous! Is she an assistance dog, or just a much loved pet?

Beautiful mate dogs are good for the soul my dog has become my daughters dog she wont jump up on a bed with me but curls in and looks after my girl on her bed
Our girls a 37 kgs cuddlebug. She loves cuddles, but on her own terms.

Sometimes she'll jump up on the bed and snuggle with either me or wifey, but most of the time shes "mummies girl".

Or she'll walk over to you, nudge your hand/arm then sit up. That's code for "I'd like a big cuddle thanks".

and quite often she'll then flop down and throw a paw over you to say "here's a cuddle back".

Total smooch pooch.

Lol shes good scares the fuck out of a lot of people because she's a heavy boof head my 92 old grandmother doesn't like dogs that much but on xmas she was laying at my grandmother's feet i think i got a picture somewhere lol
Tis great in winter for warming up your feet. Not so in summer.

I'm convinced it's a ploy to prevent you moving.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Awww shes gorgeous! Is she an assistance dog, or just a much loved pet?

Our girls a 37 kgs cuddlebug. She loves cuddles, but on her own terms.

Sometimes she'll jump up on the bed and snuggle with either me or wifey, but most of the time shes "mummies girl".

Or she'll walk over to you, nudge your hand/arm then sit up. That's code for "I'd like a big cuddle thanks".

and quite often she'll then flop down and throw a paw over you to say "here's a cuddle back".

Total smooch pooch.

Tis great in winter for warming up your feet. Not so in summer.

I'm convinced it's a ploy to prevent you moving.
A much loved pet.. Your 37kg cuddlebug sounds like one loving pooch..beautiful.. I love the hug return!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
A much loved pet.. Your 37kg cuddlebug sounds like one loving pooch..beautiful.. I love the hug return!
Ahh that's awesome. Sheps are a great breed.. very intelligent dogs.

Yeah our girls had a few litters before we got her (show bred Labrador)... but she looks like a big teddy bear.

Took her for a wash yesterday and she puts on the brakes when she sees the wash rooms, yet once in loves being washed. Then when paying she jumps up on the counter with front paws begging for a treat.

LOL she certainly works her looks to her advantage.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Best times at St Vincent's was when they bring the therapy dogs around once in a while.

Didn't want them to leave.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm in love already....

I will end up getting my pure bred German Shepard one day.....
Excellent..this is our third.. It’s actually a working German Shepherd..unlike our other two..

69700BD8-6D2F-416A-AE87-13133C6166B5.jpeg

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahh that's awesome. Sheps are a great breed.. very intelligent dogs.

Yeah our girls had a few litters before we got her (show bred Labrador)... but she looks like a big teddy bear.

Took her for a wash yesterday and she puts on the brakes when she sees the wash rooms, yet once in loves being washed. Then when paying she jumps up on the counter with front paws begging for a treat.

LOL she certainly works her looks to her advantage.
Lol..brilliant!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Is there anything more potent (and confronting) on this earth..... than a freshly brewed dog fart?

Often literally sneaking up and belting you in the face in suprise without such a hint of it's delivery.

Last night I copped one which was her sitting nearby.. she burped and silently farted at the same time.

Next minute I evacuated the room.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I definately got to do research before I buy one.
See years back some doofus judge thought the sloping back looked good..it also aided them in trotting around the ring with the owners.. This caught on..next thing you know sloping backs were the ‘in’ thing.. May look ‘good’..but I personally don’t think so.. It is detrimental to their health.. This is how they originally looked like..you can see my Mon in em..

EB672B5B-D058-44A4-8C04-66B84E8EB268.jpeg

Here’s a good history of the breed.. http://gsrelite.co.uk/the-history-origin-of-the-german-shepherd-dog/

Points out the original purpose of Max von Stephanitz, in developing the breed..

And heres a little excerpt relating to the problem with the backs..

The Kennel Club has been embroiled in a dispute with German Shepherd breed clubs about the issue of soundness in the show-strain breed. The show-strains have been bred with an extremely sloping topline (back) that causes poor gait in the hind legs. Working-pedigree lines, such as those in common use as service dogs, generally retain the traditional straight back of the breed. The debate was catalyzed when the issue was raised in the BBC documentary, Pedigree Dogs Exposed, which said that critics of the breed describe it as “half dog, half frog”. An orthopedic vet remarked on footage of dogs in a show ring that they were “not normal”.

So my man if you are gunna get one that is more ‘show’ style than watch their backs.. The ones with straight backs are out there..and just as beautiful and big..

Ps..working Shepherds ..like my one..are full of energy..and to honest maybe too much for the city..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
See years back some doofus judge thought the sloping back looked good..it also aided them in trotting around the ring with the owners.. This caught on..next thing you know sloping backs were the ‘in’ thing.. May look ‘good’..but I personally don’t think so.. It is detrimental to their health.. This is how they originally looked like..you can see my Mon in em..

View attachment 8820

Here’s a good history of the breed.. http://gsrelite.co.uk/the-history-origin-of-the-german-shepherd-dog/

Points out the original purpose of Max von Stephanitz, in developing the breed..

The Kennel Club has been embroiled in a dispute with German Shepherd breed clubs about the issue of soundness in the show-strain breed. The show-strains have been bred with an extremely sloping topline (back) that causes poor gait in the hind legs. Working-pedigree lines, such as those in common use as service dogs, generally retain the traditional straight back of the breed. The debate was catalyzed when the issue was raised in the BBC documentary, Pedigree Dogs Exposed, which said that critics of the breed describe it as “half dog, half frog”. An orthopedic vet remarked on footage of dogs in a show ring that they were “not normal”.

So my man if you are gunna get one that is more ‘show’ style than watch their backs.. The ones with straight backs are out there..and just as beautiful and big..

Ps..working Shepherds ..like my one..are full of energy..and to honest maybe too much for the city..
Do they grow to be horses, or are they smaller?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

View attachment 8820

Breeding for aesthetics has caused massive health issues for so many breeds. I personally think it's cruelty on a grand scale to knowingly breed dogs that might look good to people, but which are prone to various issues such as breathing difficulties as seen in breeds like Pugs or Bulldogs. A flat face might be some peoples idea of a good look, but it serves no purpose for the dog. Responsible breeders should be following the idea of evolution, basically breeding for traits that allow dogs to be better suited to living.

View attachment 8819

So our pups are getting a new addition :grinning:
Congrats Pillow.