Pet appreciation Thread! Show us your pets

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would like to post photos of my lioness, can anyone recommend a site to resize pics, please?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
http://tinypic.com

Pic a file, then select the resize option :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Winston and Lewis are my brothers dogs and Zeus is my mum's.. whenever Lewis and Zeus get togethet they just go at it from the second they see each other lol then they sleep for the remainder of the day :D

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's an updated picture of my dog.
She looks stupid but actually has traffic sense and knows to stay off the road.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Awww shes gorgeous @Armchair critic ... like our Lab looks like she's absolutely nailed the "eyes for treats" look.
Oh it’s annoying! I swear she should of been named meat head!
All she ever wants to do is eat all the time.
I hate going to work, she makes me feel like a low prick for going out.

I’ve got days off, I might go to the city for something to do and bring her with me?
Go stir up my homeless friends and their dogs!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s a nice cat.
If I ever get a cat, it will be this breed.
I had a friend who used to own a cat like this, he named it Murphy, after Eddie Murphy because he wanted his cat to be named after a black guy he said.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Oh it’s annoying! I swear she should of been named meat head!
All she ever wants to do is eat all the time.
I hate going to work, she makes me feel like a low prick for going out.

I’ve got days off, I might go to the city for something to do and bring her with me?
Go stir up my homeless friends and their dogs!
At first I didn't think our Lab was food motivated.. months later I realised how wrong I was.

Our girls definitely "mummies girl", because my wife is home during the day/works nights.

Re your girl, there's heaps of places you can take her if she's a sociable dog, and travels ok in a car.

If she likes swimming Bayview / Rowland Reserve is the #1 place in Sydney as she can swim in and run on the beach.

Yarramundi is good too (and they can swim there), however I'm always wary of snakes around there. Even though I personally haven't seen any, apparently Red Bellied Black snakes and Eastern Browns get there in hotter weather in numbers. Ditto Yellowrock just up the road.

Nurrungingy Reserve they can be in (leashed), ditto Cumberland State Forest (if she likes sniffing around).

Even around Castle Hill there are some good bushland walks.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
At first I didn't think our Lab was food motivated.. months later I realised how wrong I was.

Our girls definitely "mummies girl", because my wife is home during the day/works nights.

Re your girl, there's heaps of places you can take her if she's a sociable dog, and travels ok in a car.

If she likes swimming Bayview / Rowland Reserve is the #1 place in Sydney as she can swim in and run on the beach.

Yarramundi is good too (and they can swim there), however I'm always wary of snakes around there. Even though I personally haven't seen any, apparently Red Bellied Black snakes and Eastern Browns get there in hotter weather in numbers. Ditto Yellowrock just up the road.

Nurrungingy Reserve they can be in (leashed), ditto Cumberland State Forest (if she likes sniffing around).

Even around Castle Hill there are some good bushland walks.
I'll check out Bayview.
Was going to go for walk around the city but the weather been crap. Maybe next week?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'll check out Bayview.
Was going to go for walk around the city but the weather been crap. Maybe next week?
Bayview/Rowland Reserve is always busy... its awesome and if you park closest to the dog park / open area (marked in yellow) it's "1 hr free", although I've stayed there much longer before.

Else it's paid parking and the rangers do head around there every so often. Parking isn't overly expensive if you have to pay though.

White is all off leash (including in the water), sand bar goes right out at low tide and theres a dog water fountain in middle of park, and heaps of bins/poo bags around the place.

I've only ever seen 2 incidents there between dogs (one because there was a horny Frenchie and an idiot who couldn't control the 2 dogs it was trying to mount), and another was a clown with an intact male dog and people quickly told him to piss off or put it on a leash.

Most owners/dogs are really well behaved there.

upload_2018-10-10_23-14-48.png

It's across the bay from Newport Arms (which is dog friendly as well - so you can have a meal with your pup on a leash there).

upload_2018-10-10_23-18-55.png

Speaking of food there are a few good places around there.
Flying Fish Cafe is dog friendly (and a short walk down a path from the Dog Park)
Church Point Store is about 5 minutes drive up Pittwater Rd but dogs must remain outside at all times.
There's also the Marina Cafe furthur up (and more expensive) which apparently allow dogs there at lunch (never been there though).

I also checked out Sandy Bay at Clontarf the other week (which is dog friendly). It's not TOO bad (although parking is absurdly overpriced at almost $10 an hour), enough that I don't think I'll go back there, despite it looking okay.

Sirius Cove (only dogs unleashed during weekdays) is really nice too and plenty of space for dogs to swim. Not as popular at Bayview though. If you decide to walk around, avoid Whiting Beach. It looks nice, and would be, except drug fucks leave their uncapped syringes all over the beach and it's a minefield and a pinprick waiting to happen. That fucked me right off and we dared not venture onto the beach (theres a sign warning of it).

and whilst there is no swimming, the Coal Loader / Balls Head Reserve at Waverton is a nice walk with a few tracks .. haven't been there a few months but it's dog friendly (leashed), and they were building a mad rooftop garden last time I was there. You can walk through the old coal loader tunnels too.

Another one that's quite nice is Lake Parramatta, as well as Ballast Point (Balmain)... both leashed dogs allowed.

We get out and about quite a bit with our girl as she loves sniffing new bushland and things. She's a human dog, not really a dog/dog. At a dog park she'll head to people for pats/treats, rather than play with other dogs.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
@Mr Invisible thank for all the information posted. I have to check it out.
I’m moving back to the Bankstown area next month and the dog park at Ferrier road is almost a stone throw away from where I’m moving.

It’s fenced off and looks like they’ve put obstacles in for training?
Once I move there I won’t have to worry about driving a million miles to get to most places so I’ll definitely check it out.

What about the sackville hotel at Balmain and the courthouse hotel at Taylor square? You are allowed to take your dogs there right?

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here is my dog patiently guarding the baby's room as he goes to sleep.

In 7 years he has seen girlfriends come and go, me meet mrs CD, and now putting up with my son, but he's still as loyal as ever.

Good boy.

20181211_205642.jpg