The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Played well last night and last week

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought he was solid enough. Maybe its just me but I thought his catching style under the high ball was pretty strange he is almost sitting down, he did it against the broncos as well. Other than that he did well enough. Dont think he will ever set the nrl on fire back there but has to be credited for stepping up.
Yeah, I don't know what's up with that catching style. Although I noticed that when he was under pressure he leaps and won the ball each time.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree, Thompsons involvement was good. yeah he made a few mistakes but he was far more involved than Brown.......I would prefer Thompson over Brown atm. Hopefully he gets another opportunity next week.
Brown also played well but... His runs out of dummy half helped out massively. Hope he keeps that shit up!

Thompson aint no winger, u can see that when he was caught off his wing twice. I think with a couple of games under his belt now he would be a healthy prospect playing in the 1. Seeing him lurk up for the short off loads and line breaks through the middle would be ENORMOUS for us since our left to right second man play crap has finally ben ditched! =)

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brown also played well but... His runs out of dummy half helped out massively. Hope he keeps that shit up!
Brown was excellent, not sure why so many people on this forum hate him!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Brown was excellent, not sure why so many people on this forum hate him!
People just want an xfactor on the wing and at fullback, solid, consistent players don't stand out enough.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
went well

has to learn his limitations passing, don't throw cut outs just because thats what the media says fullbacks have to do

my only gripe is his support play because i see no reason for him to to pop up when we have those half breaks
I don't get it. Are you saying he supports too much?That's a new one.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone think he is trying to play like Mini a bit rather that the newer style. He looks better running straight hard lines instead of ball playing. Thoughts?
perrett is not the best FB in NRL, Ennis is not the best hooker, both give 110%, every week for the team and that is good enough for me

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
watch the wolves come out when they have a shit week.

inb4 a 10 point loss to panthers, calling for everyone to be sacked again.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Bump to those who think we are fapping over one game

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We won't win the comp with Sammy at the back but geez he did have a very good game against the Storm.

I thought the Storm would test him with grubbers but they opted for the air.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We won't win the comp with Sammy at the back but geez he did have a very good game against the Storm.

I thought the Storm would test him with grubbers but they opted for the air.
He is quicker than Anthony Minichiello so why not?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
He is quicker than Anthony Minichiello so why not?
It's funny how fast things can change in a person, I remember when mini was the number 1 Fb in the game and he was really fast. Guess age catches up with all of us

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's funny how fast things can change in a person, I remember when mini was the number 1 Fb in the game and he was really fast. Guess age catches up with all of us
I still remember how quick & courageous he was in origin. Anyway its time to hang up those boots of his.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he is turning out to be a fantastic defensive fullback. Not sure if he has the attack factor, but that may improve as he settles more into the position. Not the speed element but maybe the support and passing element. Although his passing element ha been found wanting so far.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also think he's playing above his abilities at the moment, the guy is giving everything he has every game and thats more anyone can say about the same rat who left us for the Broncos. Perrett also does the little things and never shirks from the tough yards, i do think he's at the peak of his fullback capabilities but its hard to say anything wrong about him at the moment and makes 2014 much more satisfying then i first thought as well

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also think he's playing above his abilities at the moment, the guy is giving everything he has every game and thats more anyone can say about the same rat who left us for the Broncos. Perrett also does the little things and never shirks from the tough yards, i do think he's at the peak of his fullback capabilities but its hard to say anything wrong about him at the moment and makes 2014 much more satisfying then i first thought as well
Agreed.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Spot on. He made a great take early on against the storm when their winger was flying through

Status
Not open for further replies.