Perrett's style at fullback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone think he is trying to play like Mini a bit rather that the newer style. He looks better running straight hard lines instead of ball playing. Thoughts?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He plays exactly like Minichiello. Which isn't a bad thing to be honest.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Defence is fine.

In attack he should follow our players with the ball in set plays, concentrate on positional plays & not bother with dummy half runs. Others can do the dummy half runs as he cant do it all.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely more like Mini.

He's not bad, but he's not at the level required for an NRL-level fullback IMO

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely more like Mini.

He's not bad, but he's not at the level required for an NRL-level fullback IMO
yep that sums it up pretty well, watching him throw a few dud passes he just doesn't have it in his game to be a ball player like he is trying to do. The guy gives 110% every week, so i don't want to bag him too hard but he just ain't a fullback and that's not to discredit him at all, it's not an easy position.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
yep that sums it up pretty well, watching him throw a few dud passes he just doesn't have it in his game to be a ball player like he is trying to do. The guy gives 110% every week, so i don't want to bag him too hard.
that's a very fair call mate, I agree with you

stueymclaugh

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Thought he was real solid tonight, when he chimed in I thought he passed to early if he could hold his passes a bit more could really set up Morris and Stanley in near future

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's a very fair call mate, I agree with you
Yeah i think i have been a little harsh on him in these forums. At the end of the day he has put his wing position on the line and put his hand up to fill in at FB, can't knock the bloke for that. That is putting the team first.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah i think i have been a little harsh on him in these forums. At the end of the day he has put his wing position on the line and put his hand up to fill in at FB, can't knock the bloke for that. That is putting the team first.
Exactly!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm seeing improvement in him. I hope he proves to everyone he can do this.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From last week to this week he has done really well, I mean he chimed in when needed, now if he can get the passing element to his game slicker than he will do well I just thought he was passing too early rather than attracting a couple players than offloading. But a major improvement nonetheless.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bigggg improvement from round 1. My hat off to him. His support play was tops i continually saw him supporting up the middle. However his passing game is average, he either passes to early and doesnt engage the defence or passes to late. But a very positive game and hopefully more improvment nxt week

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He definitely does as well as he can each week, and he would improve given more time there. However, I don't think he has the natural ability to make it as a genuine first-grade fullback.

He is a reliable fill-in. Nothing against the man, there's only so far hard work and dedication can get you. Natural ability is also needed to take it to the modern NRL fullback level.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a bit of a crisis and Perrett has stepped up.

I'm sure he is exceeding his coaches expectations

His positional play tonight was good, he took the high ball well and
He ran with purpose.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Exceeding expectations? some people's standards for the Dogs is too low.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really liked his play style tonight, but no more Hayne style no-look passes. They don't work for Hayne that often either.

Status
Not open for further replies.