Perrett's style at fullback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exceeding expectations? some people's standards for the Dogs is too low.
Given what we have available, perret is doing a pretty good job.... it could have been worst as we just dont have proper fullback.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How does anyone know that Templeman and Phillips can't do a better job? I'd rather risk it on them than on Perrett.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying Perret's involvement. Always willing to get down and dirty and make those hard yards from kick returns. It's a breath of fresh air having a fullback who doesn't drop to the ground as soon as the chasers arrive.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His doing a great job but I was impressed with Thompson.. I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do at fullback.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, Thompsons involvement was good. yeah he made a few mistakes but he was far more involved than Brown.......I would prefer Thompson over Brown atm. Hopefully he gets another opportunity next week.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Really liked his play style tonight, but no more Hayne style no-look passes. They don't work for Hayne that often either.
I shook my head and scolded too, then I pressed rewind and realised the pass was solid, Thompson was lagging behind, if he had been in line like everyone else he would have caught it and we would be celebrating Perrett's awesome skills!

I think Sam is doing a great job for us.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parrot is good enough until Templeman learns to defend.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
A poor man's Nathan Merritt.

And Nathan Merritt is nsw cup standard.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Safe, solid but in the end Perrett is just a winger. We won't be winning a premiership with him as our fullback

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
Not the best fb in terms of speed and x factor but a solid performer. until one of the fbs we're chasing decides to accept or a young'un is ready, i'm happy with dessies choice.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He has improved a lot. He isn't an xfactor but he is doing well I think.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah i think i have been a little harsh on him in these forums. At the end of the day he has put his wing position on the line and put his hand up to fill in at FB, can't knock the bloke for that. That is putting the team first.
Very good call. And as Sam has only played two rounds as full back from what I saw of him last night I think he will gain more confidence and handle the position better.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Professional, reliable and solid. There were many times last night when I saw the bomb go up and had no concerns because mr reliable was there. I'd keep him there at full back if our 9,6 and 7 had more flair.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
went well

has to learn his limitations passing, don't throw cut outs just because thats what the media says fullbacks have to do

my only gripe is his support play because i see no reason for him to to pop up when we have those half breaks

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree, Thompsons involvement was good. yeah he made a few mistakes but he was far more involved than Brown.......I would prefer Thompson over Brown atm. Hopefully he gets another opportunity next week.
I thought Brown played well and I'm not a big fan of his. Made good meters.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I shook my head and scolded too, then I pressed rewind and realised the pass was solid, Thompson was lagging behind, if he had been in line like everyone else he would have caught it and we would be celebrating Perrett's awesome skills!

I think Sam is doing a great job for us.
Yeah Thompson was a touch to deep, if he was flatter at the line he would have been off down the touch line.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
went well

has to learn his limitations passing, don't throw cut outs just because thats what the media says fullbacks have to do

my only gripe is his support play because i see no reason for him to to pop up when we have those half breaks
Definitely a solid performance, was happy with the job he did. He's just a bit off with his timing when it came to some of his passing and his chiming into the line. That was all I could really fault him with but he can sort that out easily over the next couple of games.

kirk buttercup

Waterboy
Reaction score
I thought he was solid enough. Maybe its just me but I thought his catching style under the high ball was pretty strange he is almost sitting down, he did it against the broncos as well. Other than that he did well enough. Dont think he will ever set the nrl on fire back there but has to be credited for stepping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.