Opinion People that make crap threads like this? High IQ or lazy i30 houso Centrelink bums?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Let’s be honest, you were decimated and obliterated in the referendum thread.. you have the taste of rotten egg in your mouth and trying to score cheap points here. A punch drunk who has been beaten from pillar to post by everyone at the pub and now he has to keep going..

I was just walking in the shops and saw a dishevelled looking man, older bloke coloured hair, thinning, bad looking goatee, out of shape, but I thought @Doogie has been debunked way more than him
You want to be honest. Sure. You have no car, no dog and you're sitting here posting the same same rubbish over and over again on a Saturday arvo. I have a sick kid so I'm locked at home - whats your excuse?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8-900kg body with double the factory baseline power equates to fun ;)

MAJOR EDIT - forgot to mention it's not my car, yet the style of car I like, small, lightweight, unassuming, with smart mods to increase power and other performance factors.

Last edited:

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want to be honest. Sure. You have no car, no dog and you're sitting here posting the same same rubbish over and over again on a Saturday arvo. I have a sick kid so I'm locked at home - whats your excuse?
Hope it is nothing serious and if it is, they recover quickly.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8-900kg body with double the factory baseline power equates to fun ;)
That your car? Interesting. Would surprise plenty.. I like unique cars .. what engine in it? Sounds like a Honda?

Years back when people used to street race everywhere, I pulled up to the lights in my 96 v8 commodore.. it had diff gears, cam, reasonably quick street car.. I was playing with an early model wrx around 2000 model.. we rock up at the lights and it was on like donkey kong. On a three lane road an old Mazda wagon was waiting in the middle lane and we were either side.. the Mazda looked like an old bomb. Lights go green and we were off, the wrx and I were about level and the Mazda pulled a good 2-3 lengths on both of us.. surprised the hell out of us both.. we all raced again and same result Mazda got away.. had gauges in it but no idea what was under the hood..

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That your car? Interesting. Would surprise plenty.. I like unique cars .. what engine in it? Sounds like a Honda?

Years back when people used to street race everywhere, I pulled up to the lights in my 96 v8 commodore.. it had diff gears, cam, reasonably quick street car.. I was playing with an early model wrx around 2000 model.. we rock up at the lights and it was on like donkey kong. On a three lane road an old Mazda wagon was waiting in the middle lane and we were either side.. the Mazda looked like an old bomb. Lights go green and we were off, the wrx and I were about level and the Mazda pulled a good 2-3 lengths on both of us.. surprised the hell out of us both.. we all raced again and same result Mazda got away.. had gauges in it but no idea what was under the hood..
No (and edited the post to reflect that, as I forgot to include that, apologies) just an example of the type of cars I enjoy driving.
Small, lightweight, big N/A power with braking and handling mods to suit the power increase and driving style.

That 121 has a 323/MX5 engine swap.
From 1.3l to 1.8l.
Iron block too, so other variants are boosted as well.
TBH something I've been contemplating building as a sleeper runabout.

I'd guess a rotary in the wagon, typically a R100 or 323 wagon.

You Commodore, light silver blue colour?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No (and edited the post to reflect that, as I forgot to include that, apologies) just an example of the type of cars I enjoy driving.
Small, lightweight, big N/A power with braking and handling mods to suit the power increase and driving style.

That 121 has a 323/MX5 engine swap.
From 1.3l to 1.8l.
Iron block too, so other variants are boosted as well.
TBH something I've been contemplating building as a sleeper runabout.

I'd guess a rotary in the wagon, typically a R100 or 323 wagon.

You Commodore, light silver blue colour?
commodore was a good 20 years back for me..

Today I have two cars.. both less than 12 months old.. a daily i30 and a track focused turbo car as well… both blue!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
commodore was a good 20 years back for me..

Today I have two cars.. both less than 12 months old.. a daily i30 and a track focused turbo car as well… both blue!
So tell Me About the Mazda. I’m guessing mx5 or rx8

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving the i30 today. Tremendous torque. It really is like a greyhound away from a set of lights. A few sneaky mods and it really
Punishes others away from a set of lights

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was driving the i30 today. Tremendous torque. It really is like a greyhound away from a set of lights. A few sneaky mods and it really
Punishes others away from a set of lights
N-Line?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m talking about the base i30 (non turbo). There is a real trick to these cars to get them scooting along. They have very soft engine mounts, specifically the torque mount. Stiffen those up and the car puts down to the ground torque much better, much snappier off the throttle and also stays flatter through bends with the engine not moving around. Improves 0-100 by a few tenths (at least), smoother firmer gear changes as well.

The factory cars leave them so soft for comfort and smoothness, but a good set of poly bushes and they dont absorb the torque but instead put it down to the road.

Sure it’s not going to run away from an AMG in the top end but for a street car 0-60 or 0-100 even it’s very responsive. Or even roll on acceleration it’s responsive

for the manual turbo cars (the N cars) they suffer horrendous axle tramp (big shudder and banging when taking off hard) stock, but firm up the torque mount and it just powers away from a standing start.. Wheelspin yes but not axle tramp.

with the harder engine mounts the car dont make more power but gets more power to the ground, less drivetrain loss.. race cars run solid mounts but too much vibration and noise for street

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’m talking about the base i30 (non turbo). There is a real trick to these cars to get them scooting along. They have very soft engine mounts, specifically the torque mount. Stiffen those up and the car puts down to the ground torque much better, much snappier off the throttle and also stays flatter through bends with the engine not moving around. Improves 0-100 by a few tenths (at least), smoother firmer gear changes as well.

The factory cars leave them so soft for comfort and smoothness, but a good set of poly bushes and they dont absorb the torque but instead put it down to the road.

Sure it’s not going to run away from an AMG in the top end but for a street car 0-60 or 0-100 even it’s very responsive. Or even roll on acceleration it’s responsive

for the manual turbo cars (the N cars) they suffer horrendous axle tramp (big shudder and banging when taking off hard) stock, but firm up the torque mount and it just powers away from a standing start.. Wheelspin yes but not axle tramp.

with the harder engine mounts the car dont make more power but gets more power to the ground, less drivetrain loss.. race cars run solid mounts but too much vibration and noise for street
My sister has the model under the N Line, she loves it. Have to admit it has a lot of features for a Hyundai.

She was going to upgrade to the new N Line Kona but FMD they made them look putrid now.