News 'People only see the first-grade results': Dogs director says club in strong position

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Then why change only 3 directors? It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.
Because there are factions within the board. They don't get on and some don't agree with Lynne and what she is trying to do. Again, why didn't Lynne & Co tell the other 4 board members about Ballesty's financial interest in the Laundy Group? That's just one issue. There are other reasons.

There are a lot of disgruntled Sponsors. Did we lose KIA to Brisbane under this board's watch?

Dunn says the roster has improved.....b...shit.

I know Lynne wanted to resign Pay.

It goes on.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because there are factions within the board. They don't get on and some don't agree with Lynne and what she is trying to do. Again, why didn't Lynne & Co tell the other 4 board members about Ballesty's financial interest in the Laundy Group? That's just one issue. There are other reasons.

There are a lot of disgruntled Sponsors. Did we lose KIA to Brisbane under this board's watch?

It goes on.
As I said. We don't know what signings the board has lined up for next year so it can quite easily be argued that the roster has improved. We just don't know the full details yet.

Lynne wanting to resign Pay? I'm sure there were a lot of plans, but she didn't resign him. He was let go. Whether she wanted him or not is irrevelant imo. We have a group of people at the club making decisions, and the group made the right decision to let him go. I don't want everyone agreeing about everything.

I understand that people aren't apparently happy about some things going on at the club, but surely RIGHT NOW isn't the best time to be doing this.

We need stability to at least get our signings over the line FFS. Let's see what they're planning to do with the roster then maybe then people can swear and throw stones at the club.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a fair stance.

But if our confidence in the board / these directors really hinges on a few more signings then surely too many people are being short-sighted?

Personally, I'd rather the club do their fucking homework for once and get the right players even if that means waiting for '22. In saying that, I do expect us to make some signings as teams drop out of the finals.
if they come out and say that some people may understand and give them further time.

Others may say it is a ploy for re-election. Reality is from 1 November we could be signing players for 22 if we wanted to.

As a successful club we’ve been lingering down the bottom for a while. There was a certain way this board went about the rebuild, there could have been other ways to do it in a different or quicker timeframe.

Could we have signed players for this year if things were structured differently? Were players like Stimson, Britt and Katoa the best use of limited funds and who made the decision to sign those players. All interesting points which we’ll probably not know answers to.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
if they come out and say that some people may understand and give them further time.

Others may say it is a ploy for re-election. Reality is from 1 November we could be signing players for 22 if we wanted to.

As a successful club we’ve been lingering down the bottom for a while. There was a certain way this board went about the rebuild, there could have been other ways to do it in a different or quicker timeframe.

Could we have signed players for this year if things were structured differently? Were players like Stimson, Britt and Katoa the best use of limited funds and who made the decision to sign those players. All interesting points which we’ll probably not know answers to.
Think there's absolutely no doubt the board could've done things better. Agree about some / most of the signings we've made being questionable as to whether they were best use of the limited funds. The board made some mistakes, and I'm certainly not here to blow smoke up their arses.

But ...

I'll ask the question. Why is NOW the time to do this?

The reality is that this push to oust this board is directly after the season has finished, and before we're able to finalise our roster for '21. Why is that? As you say, if we were to make some good signings for '21 or even '22 I think people will be more positive and believe in the vision of the club a little more. Which is why this faction is stirring up shit now before any positive news can come out from the club.

If this faction truly cared about the club they'd at least wait till Barrett had got his signings in, as Barrett will be our coach next year. Will changing 3 positions really make it easier to be better on the field next year? Doubt it.

I get what you're saying though and can see you're not seeing this side or that which I respect.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: Dunn..... your safe mate ...... 116 members pissing in the wind

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Did we lose KIA to Brisbane under this board's watch?
And didn’t KIA get amazing ROI from the Ponies: a wooden spoon :-).
They didn’t leave the Dogs completely anyway, they downgraded - for a couple of different reasons - beyond control of the board. One being with our salary cap shot to bits we couldn’t field a quality team which means we also get bugger all prime time TV games - something major sponsors expect.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Think there's absolutely no doubt the board could've done things better. Agree about some / most of the signings we've made being questionable as to whether they were best use of the limited funds. The board made some mistakes, and I'm certainly not here to blow smoke up their arses.

But ...

I'll ask the question. Why is NOW the time to do this?

The reality is that this push to oust this board is directly after the season has finished, and before we're able to finalise our roster for '21. Why is that? As you say, if we were to make some good signings for '21 or even '22 I think people will be more positive and believe in the vision of the club a little more. Which is why this faction is stirring up shit now before any positive news can come out from the club.

If this faction truly cared about the club they'd at least wait till Barrett had got his signings in, as Barrett will be our coach next year. Will changing 3 positions really make it easier to be better on the field next year? Doubt it.

I get what you're saying though and can see you're not seeing this side or that which I respect.
From my point of view I’d need to know who intends to put their name forward and what they bring to the club, I’m certainly not for change just for the sake of it. As you’ve said there’s a time and place for that and it’s at the next scheduled board election.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

It goes on.
Rubbish......

Just a fat and salty leb who is cut for being thrown out.

Not even Dib was this salty when he lost his seat

Cracker supporters these ***** are, and at the end of the day if it was as bad as has been reported, there is no way Barrett would of signed on along with Furner and the rest of the mob, as they are currently at clubs who are a lot better off than us on field

Someone needs to kidnap that fat fuck Coorey and slam all of his holes with African semen

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From my point of view I’d need to know who intends to put their name forward and what they bring to the club, I’m certainly not for change just for the sake of it. As you’ve said there’s a time and place for that and it’s at the next scheduled board election.
Spot on this.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

It goes on.
Lynne is clueless

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be fair the vast majority of fans only give a shit about on field NRL results.
How do you achieve on field results? By having a good development pathway program....which takes time...a la Penrith...and can be easily fucked up... a la Broncos. Or, you pay players under the table...a la Roosters or you have the best coach for the last 20 years...a la Storm.
Dunn is right. Theres no quick fix.
What the Anderson ticket did wrong was create unrealistic expectations that we'd be competitive by 2021. We wont be. But we will be clear of salary cap constraints to be able to BEGIN to buy critical parts of the roster that we can't develop internally.
The Anderson ticket promised a renewed focus on development. Covid hasn't helped us to be able to identify available talent.
Dunn is smart and a good operator in football. He has my support.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honest question. Can someone please explain to me why now is the best time to change the board? And why we shouldn't wait for a year?

Sell it to me as all I've seen is hot air without any real substance.
to me it’s onbvious, they expect big change in fortunes next year , due to new coach , new back room staff , released a few deadwood. So with nrl side doing much better , new board will look like heroes and can consolidate power using nrl side fortunes as their platform

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway good to see the raiders sort their major sponsor within a month or so after losing Huawei, pretty simple they offered Canberra milk an upgrade , shame the same luxury wasn't afforded to the dogs minor sponsors who are cashed up

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As I said. We don't know what signings the board has lined up for next year so it can quite easily be argued that the roster has improved. We just don't know the full details yet.

Lynne wanting to resign Pay? I'm sure there were a lot of plans, but she didn't resign him. He was let go. Whether she wanted him or not is irrevelant imo. We have a group of people at the club making decisions, and the group made the right decision to let him go. I don't want everyone agreeing about everything.

I understand that people aren't apparently happy about some things going on at the club, but surely RIGHT NOW isn't the best time to be doing this.

We need stability to at least get our signings over the line FFS. Let's see what they're planning to do with the roster then maybe then people can swear and throw stones at the club.
As I said in another thread. I wrote to Lynne twice this year to complain about team selections, Pay, poor recruitment etc. She rang me and we spoke about a raft of issues. I know what I heard and I know what she said. SHE wanted to resign Pay because Bullfrog used to say you always look after your own. I told her that this game is no longer a sport. It's a business and people and sponsors expect results. Two weeks later Pay was gone so I assume she didn't have the numbers to keep him.

Some signings will be announced at seasons end however I believe they will be for 2022. There isn't much available for next year.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And didn’t KIA get amazing ROI from the Ponies: a wooden spoon :-).
They didn’t leave the Dogs completely anyway, they downgraded - for a couple of different reasons - beyond control of the board. One being with our salary cap shot to bits we couldn’t field a quality team which means we also get bugger all prime time TV games - something major sponsors expect.
Agreed.