Rumour Pearce to the dogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This might not be a popular opinion but I’d take Pearce to partner Burton next season

Move Avo to centre with Naden

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well hes helped them abit. They were wooden spooners near every year
He's a decent player and they're better with him on the field but I'm not sure he has really helped any of their players develop all that much. He does suit the mould of what Baz wants in a halfback though and will play on the ball and rack up 70+ possessions.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What happened to Bulldogs DNA?
Under the carpet lately.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Could be true. Gus has talked up the impact Maloney had on Penrith. 1 year deal only.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why is it that our club seems to chase the bad boys? Are we that desperate??

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One thing our backline lacks is big game experience and that is something that Pearce does have. JAC has played in big games but in a position where he can't be too dominant on the game.

I am really rating Schoupp at centre and wouldn't want to move Avo there at the risk of impacting his and Alamoti's development. I'd be looking to get Avo in the 14 jersey and maybe at the 95kg mark (he's currently listed at 92kg) playing that Tyrone Peachey/Connor Watson type role that becoming more and more important. In this case, BBO and JMK will be fighting it out to start at 9 before going for a bigger name hooker.

This would make us a serious football team.

1 Dufty
2 JAC
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 Cotric
6 Burton
7 Pearce
8 Vaughan
9 BBO
10 Thompson
11 TPJ
12 RFM
13 Jacko

14 Averillo
15 Ava
16 Hetherington
17 Elliott

Letstrot

Waterboy
Reaction score
If he's at the right price, bring it on baby

Burton & BOO working alongside Pearce for a couple of years, would be greatly beneficial!

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need an experienced halfback. If you can't name a better one who is available, you shouldn't really be complaining. We get Pearce on a 2 year deal on the cheap, that's a lot better than nothing. Sick of having reserve grader after reserve grader rotating through the most important position on the field.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its BS & certainly an approach to us, not us chasing him.
I am not a huge fan of Mitch but think he would be good at the right price/number of years to help while Burton develops.
However given his history around dogs i would say a firm no!!! Could you imaging the piss-taking....nothing could be worth that!!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The guy is a great p[layer but he is totally broken...

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not interested. He's a dominant half and we have that coming in Burton. Avocado will play off the back of him

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think its BS & certainly an approach to us, not us chasing him.
I am not a huge fan of Mitch but think he would be good at the right price/number of years to help while Burton develops.
However given his history around dogs i would say a firm no!!! Could you imaging the piss-taking....nothing could be worth that!!!
I’m sure you would get over the ridicule if we made the top 4 dare I say win the comp

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
massive massive fan of this, another experienced head in the spine is exactly what we need, 1-2 year deal to have us sniffing around the bottom 8 and then go hard for a 7 & 9 in 2023/24

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope they hung up once they realised what the call was about.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He's a decent player and they're better with him on the field but I'm not sure he has really helped any of their players develop all that much. He does suit the mould of what Baz wants in a halfback though and will play on the ball and rack up 70+ possessions.
Because they always chopped and changed his halves partner

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Been sayin it since we purchased burton, he needs an experienced half to flourish, not sure if pearce is the answer but @ a cheap cost and for a yr or 2 till we snap up or develop 1 of our own, i could live with it.

The more i think about it, the more it makes sense to me to pursue it.