Pay:
  • 10.4 points scored per game
  • 1 from 9
  • 214 points conceded - 23.7 points per game
Barrett:
  • 10.2 points scored per game
  • 1 from 9
  • 280 points conceded - 31.1 points per game
That’s irrelevant you are comparing a coach that was in his 3rd year coaching his team to a coach in the first 6 months it’s like comparing two COVID vaccines one that’s been tested and trialed for 6 months and one for three years with the same chemical compounds and expecting a better result

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Opening 9 rounds:

Pay:
  • 1 from 9
Barrett:
  • 1 from 9
Rule changes and the lack of Tolman (and to some extent JMK) tightening up the middle are probably responsible for the difference.

I don’t see much difference in defensive structures between this year and last year. They’re both equally bad.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They both have shit stats, however TBAZ wins out in 22 lol.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Rule changes and the lack of Tolman (and to some extent JMK) tightening up the middle are probably responsible for the difference.

I don’t see much difference in defensive structures between this year and last year. They’re both equally bad.
Injuries & suspension played a big part as well. I think the end of the season is a good time for a comparison.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Opening 9 rounds:

Pay:
  • 1 from 9
Barrett:
  • 1 from 9
Very concerning figures given the cattle has improved this year.

However the bigger issues are ones you won’t find statistics for - the lack of intensity, hunger, effort. The frequent showcases of defensive cluelessness.

I’m gonna set the bar incredibly low and set 4 wins for the year as par for the course. Any less and he should be axed.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The worst stat:

No heart.
I think part of that is the fact that a few long term players were let go and add the other long term players that have been told they won’t be re signed.

It was and is necessary to cut the deadwood but at the same time it has a negative impact on morale.

Add to that we have been pretty unlucky with injuries so far this season.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Serious question, what’s the point of this thread. Is it to say Pay was a good coach, none of the other 15 clubs are using him in any capacity as far as I know. Barrett is here now, judge him later this year based on who he’s signed and what’s happened not after 4 rounds.
That's the point. Pay didn't have Flanagan, Hetherington, Cotric or Allen did he? Yet our A and D was much better than this year...after 9 rounds. Our regression has been so alarming even the addition of Burton, JAC and Naden right now wouldn't make us top 8.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
And we weren’t in crisis under pay??
Stupid fucking thread
So Trent can talk the talk...and entice players....it's the walking the walk we are all concerned about. It's about being accountable for your job, and right now the players are showing the same attitude, hunger and interest towards Barrett as the Broncos players showed for Seibold last year.