Pay to focus on ruck speed

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cogger is a young man and has only featured for Newcastle.. I'm not taking that into consideration, let's see what he can do in the glorious blue&white

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rotate our backrowers? Lol. What an absolute waste of interchange. Occasionally, maybe..but no where near on a consistent basis.

You want consistentcy and chemistry out on your edges, constantly making changes to the edges is just stupid and counter productive. We also need to utilise as many changes possible to our middle if we actually want to play at a high intensity, we can't have the likes of Tolman out there for fucking 70 minutes again next season. Any prop really shouldn't be playing much more than 50 odd minutes next season for us.

Also this is idea about playing what's infront of us is nothing but nonsense. If we rock up and think we can just run hard and tackle hard and we will earn the right to play what's infront of us then we might as well pack our bags, we will get fucking picked apart by team. This isn't park footy. Not to mention the boys will be fatigued playing high intensity footy so the decision making won't exactly be at its best

You need good systems in place, systems the players know and can fall back on and execute while under fatigue. These systems keep you in the game and open up opportunities for you. We need to have a plan, set plays, variations to set plays, etc and then you will earn the right and opportunities to play what's infront of you. Even then these opportunities are just small moments and not excessive amounts of footy like some on here think.
So who would you have as coach for 2020?
Ben anderson?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
PS love the fire boys but FMD we all follow the same team here.

Save that shit for opposition trolls, I know I am lol
I'm enjoying the drama.

If I knew how to add a gif I would put one with a guy slowly eating popcorn lol.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay wrong direction mate. You need to be more accepting of your playing roster and talk more nicely. It’s about having a go and having fun. Winning is just a bonus.
Whamen speed in your endeavours pay.
Good luck.

- Raelene Castle

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DGAF about the style, just win a few fucking games.
Weren’t you one of the many complaining they wanna see more exciting fantabulous style of play even if it meant losing as you’d prefer losing looking sparkly over winning a gritty “boring” way?

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
  • Structural stability in both attack and defence
  • Problem solving
  • Tactical awareness
  • Ability to be proactive instead of just reactive
  • Bench management
  • Identification of players abilities and ceiling
  • Innovative
  • Willingness to learn and improve from mistakes
  • Ability to improve a players overall effectiveness while addressing both strengths and weaknesses
The one thing I will concede is that he has shown the ability to motivate players and get them up for games. Few players did improve under him but that still needs to be at a higher level.
Some of your posts are terrible, others are great and show great knowledge of the game (this being one of them) but I need to know, what do you do for work? How is it that you have the time to reply to 60% of the aggregate posts on the entire forum? Not having a dig I’m seriously intrigued.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ben Anderson will be the new first grade coach

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pay wrong direction mate. You need to be more accepting of your playing roster and talk more nicely. It’s about having a go and having fun. Winning is just a bonus.
Whamen speed in your endeavours pay.
Good luck.

- Raelene Castle
I prefer her other quote...

"Has anyone seen my wig"
- Ralene Castle

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some of your posts are terrible, others are great and show great knowledge of the game (this being one of them) but I need to know, what do you do for work? How is it that you have the time to reply to 60% of the aggregate posts on the entire forum? Not having a dig I’m seriously intrigued.
They don’t show knowledge actually, what they are is just cliche generalised concepts that could be said to apply across almost every team sport. It’s all very superficial, coming at the Kennel from on high, where he thinks he can gloss over his ignorance. He can’t.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy his unemployed. Couldn't you tell from all the dumb posts he writes.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Easy his unemployed. Couldn't you tell from all the dumb posts he writes.
You can just picture him in his dark anxiety-ridden den of existence furiously typing away like a madman they haven’t taken away yet.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lets look at the last 3 winning premiership h ookers....Jake friend, Cameron Smith and mick Ennis.....none of these guys are noted speedsters
I want sure if habs meant running slow or playing slow. I reckon his running speed is adequate for the position. Rarely hookers are as fast as Cook running. But I also reckon his service is too slow. Hes not giving the players any space when they get the ball coz hes too slow playing and passing it. And hes too predictable. He never does cut out passes.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want sure if habs meant running slow or playing slow. I reckon his running speed is adequate for the position. Rarely hookers are as fast as Cook running. But I also reckon his service is too slow. Hes not giving the players any space when they get the ball coz hes too slow playing and passing it. And hes too predictable. He never does cut out passes.
I guess we never complain about leechs work ethic or missing any tackles he certainly muscles up

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I guess we never complain about leechs work ethic or missing any tackles he certainly muscles up
Yeh hes half a hooker so far. Tackles fine and tries hard. And at times he can make ground out of dummy half going himself, like other hookers. But so far his service, which is half his job, sucks. He may go well in another position. Not sure where but. Or he needs to fix his service fast, or go to reserves fulltime