Pay to focus on ruck speed

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Firstly we need to get quick play the balls...can't do that if opposition is allowed to lie all over you. Quick play the ball, quick pass from dummy half have not seen that at our club for years.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Weren’t you one of the many complaining they wanna see more exciting fantabulous style of play even if it meant losing as you’d prefer losing looking sparkly over winning a gritty “boring” way?
Ugly, pretty, just give me a fkn win.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Meaney is no guarantee off first grade. long way off , Hoppa in the box seat.

From what I'm hearing could look like this come round 1 with a few tough selections

Hoppa
Smith
Crighton
Holland/Montoya
Montoya/Holland
Lewis
Foran
Tolman
Lichaa
Napa
Jacko
CHN
Elliot

Sue
RFM
Martin/Fualolo
JMK

Ogden
Toomaga (Hopefully)
Cogger
Meaney
Okunbor
Wakeham

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meaney is no guarantee off first grade. long way off , Hoppa in the box seat.

From what I'm hearing could look like this come round 1 with a few tough selections

Hoppa
Smith
Crighton
Holland/Montoya
Montoya/Holland
Lewis
Foran
Tolman
Lichaa
Napa
Jacko
CHN
Elliot

Sue
RFM
Martin/Fualolo
JMK

Ogden
Toomaga (Hopefully)
Cogger
Meaney
Okunbor
Wakeham

How is Meaney a long way off lol he had some good moments this season... just needed to move to a better club

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Please not another season with Hopoate at fullback..

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Either Pay delivers results this year or he gets sacked. It’s really that simple.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Either Pay delivers results this year or he gets sacked. It’s really that simple.
He needs to deliver improvement. If we finish 10th but have clearly improved and are improving then as this is still very much a cobbled together squad he will have deserved an extension. In my view he should have already been extended for a further season as last year was always going to be a write-off after the regime change and it makes the club look unstable. Maybe they should ask the captain what he thinks.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rotate our backrowers? Lol. What an absolute waste of interchange. Occasionally, maybe..but no where near on a consistent basis.

You want consistentcy and chemistry out on your edges, constantly making changes to the edges is just stupid and counter productive. We also need to utilise as many changes possible to our middle if we actually want to play at a high intensity, we can't have the likes of Tolman out there for fucking 70 minutes again next season. Any prop really shouldn't be playing much more than 50 odd minutes next season for us.

Also this is idea about playing what's infront of us is nothing but nonsense. If we rock up and think we can just run hard and tackle hard and we will earn the right to play what's infront of us then we might as well pack our bags, we will get fucking picked apart by team. This isn't park footy. Not to mention the boys will be fatigued playing high intensity footy so the decision making won't exactly be at its best

You need good systems in place, systems the players know and can fall back on and execute while under fatigue. These systems keep you in the game and open up opportunities for you. We need to have a plan, set plays, variations to set plays, etc and then you will earn the right and opportunities to play what's infront of you. Even then these opportunities are just small moments and not excessive amounts of footy like some on here think.
Agree Nab, a good analogy is a street fighter v a true trained boxer, I know who would win , in the the end.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler had systems. Lots of them. And we just whimpered out under him. Unlike Pay, who actually had the team on an upward trajectory by the end of last season.
Hasbeen had systems alright, ones that would confuse Einstein, no wonder the team played like they were scared and confused. Football like all sport should be made simple

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of those things are mutually exclusive, they all form part of of a team's overall strategy. One of which (but not the only one) is the ability to use our bench effectively during the game. There are 8 interchanges allowed and there are point in time strategy calls to be made in how they can be used most effectively. That will vary depending on the composition of the team were are playing and the circumstances as the game unfolds. The fact is we have good variety in our backrower options, each with individual strengths, it's simply common sense to use that.

I could simply take your extreme method of debate and turn it back on you, "constantly making changes to the edges is just stupid and counter productive" so you think we shouldn't make any interchanges at all? I know you don't mean that (at least I hope you don't) , but I'm simply using it as an example of the way you take a comment and amplify it out of its original context. You have deliberately taken the extreme meaning of a couple of words and then twisted them to suite your argument, but a nice try nonetheless.

Go Dogs
I can understand why you are named twin turbo

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So who would you have as coach for 2020?
Ben anderson?
I have already said that Georgallis will be coaching us from 2020-2039 and will deliver 19 straight Premierships.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Some of your posts are terrible, others are great and show great knowledge of the game (this being one of them) but I need to know, what do you do for work? How is it that you have the time to reply to 60% of the aggregate posts on the entire forum? Not having a dig I’m seriously intrigued.
Landscaping. And it's called a mobile, literally takes seconds to type out a post when you've grown up texting and messaging most your life.