Pay to focus on ruck speed

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You can just picture him in his dark anxiety-ridden den of existence furiously typing away like a madman they haven’t taken away yet.
Wrong. I was already taken away a let back out. I have a certificate.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Doggies news?...lol
Nah man, nothing. Dead silence around Belmore
I haven't been asking or sniffing for anything. I think most are just enjoying the summer break.
I think given we are settled in our roster (and the club seems a happy place at the moment), there won't be too much in the way of news.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think given we are settled in our roster (and the club seems a happy place at the moment), there won't be too much in the way of news.
Yeh that, and also if they can't get who they want they are not just going to buy players for the sake of buying players.
Which is very wise if you ask me.
I know they were making enquiries about other players months ago(no names were given to me) but obviously they couldn't strike any deals.

Two things which have stuck in my mind that was told to me months ago from a genuine source was:

1. We won't be dictated by other clubs or player managers anymore, meaning if what we offer and what we think a player is worth is not good enough then we will not be forced into paying overs.

2. Earlier on in 2018, we weren't looking good for 2020(as in salary cap wise), but now we are in a position to offer some good coin for good players for 2020 and beyond.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeh that, and also if they can't get who they want they are not just going to buy players for the sake of buying players.
Which is very wise if you ask me.
I know they were making enquiries about other players months ago(no names were given to me) but obviously they couldn't strike any deals.

Two things which have stuck in my mind that was told to me months ago from a genuine source was:

1. We won't be dictated by other clubs or player managers anymore, meaning if what we offer and what we think a player is worth is not good enough then we will not be forced into paying overs.

2. Earlier on in 2018, we weren't looking good for 2020(as in salary cap wise), but now we are in a position to offer some good coin for good players for 2020 and beyond.
We looked at Segeyaro, as well as made enquiries about Kurt Mann and Oates.

From my understanding Segs was deemed too much a risk, and Kurt Mann (or more precisely his management) were asking far too much so we passed.

Same with Corey Oates, we made an offer but he wanted far too much.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay will focus on ruck speed.. we have at least one player that will focus on f*ck speed

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
By the look of lichaa in a recent training pic , he’s trimmed down a fair bit , so there must be some credence to pays headline , let’s hope so anyway , I just want them to keep throwing the ball around , if we are gonna struggle I’d rather lose with some excitement that boring assed hitups

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I just hope since the off season started someone got Michael Lichaa an early christmas present, and that christmas present was one of those "toss the ball through the hole" boards, and about 400 rugby league balls.

Oh and a shock collar which zap him if he holds the ball for longer than 2 seconds before passing.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We cant play this one out hitup for the first 4 tackles. Gets us no metres and allows the defense to line us up.. when we do go wide the opposition is fresh having done no work.

We need more tip ons and offloads.. more runners in motion to keep defense engaged.

We were terrible for years with one player running out and no option with him

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also interested to see how manly play with des hasler as coach. If they run 5 settlers and one kick under pressure.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also interested to see how manly play with des hasler as coach. If they run 5 settlers and one kick under pressure.
They have the talent there to by quite good regardless of how shit des is.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We cant play this one out hitup for the first 4 tackles. Gets us no metres and allows the defense to line us up.. when we do go wide the opposition is fresh having done no work.

We need more tip ons and offloads.. more runners in motion to keep defense engaged.

We were terrible for years with one player running out and no option with him
Lichaa isn’t able to pass more than 1 off the ruck