Pay Extension

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What drugs are you on???

My comment was implying a coach plays a role in getting the best out of their players. The Leicester coach got the best out of his players that season. Pay is getting zero out of his players that is why we are last . That’s on the coach and his staff so get off your high horse about odds etc and have a real hard look at what is actually happening with this coaching group
Leicester City winning the premier league is a miracle. What happened the following season? I've acknowledged anything is possible, but if that's your expectation you're the problem. Odds mean more to me than your opinion.

Kebab74

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So apparently we keen on Mick Ennis, the only issue is Mick gets his weekly haircut at Stefan Salon the bill is huge and could make up 50% of footy operational costs so the club understandslby wants to negotiate

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Pay wins another game then they'll resign him to the end of next year with a performance clause halfway through that season if hes not able to make a team that should be stacked with players from the "7mill -warchest" perform and in the 8.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year he and the team overachieved. There is no way for you to argue that. We were predicted/tipped for the wooden spoon and finish 12th and a couple of points outside the eight.

I still think Pay is doing a good job overall and if you were to go through how the Tigers got into positions for their tries I think you'll find like every week it's because of six agains, penalties and errors. The team was gassed so the score blew out.
Are you related to Pay? It’s the only thing I can think of that makes you continually defend this noob!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Pay wins another game then they'll resign him to the end of next year with a performance clause halfway through that season if hes not able to make a team that should be stacked with players from the "7mill -warchest" perform and in the 8.
If Pay's re-signed it'll be similar to Nathan Brown in 2019 if Pay doesn't meet expectations.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are you related to Pay? It’s the only thing I can think of that makes you continually defend this noob!
I've said that our roster is shit (fact) due to our past board (fact). I've also said I'd take a top coach over Pay, just one isn't available. While the team is playing for Pay (fact) and Pay hasn't lost the dressing room I don't see the reason to sideways swap coaches.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've said that our roster is shit (fact) due to our past board (fact). I've also said I'd take a top coach over Pay, just one isn't available. While the team is playing for Pay (fact) and Pay hasn't lost the dressing room I don't see the reason to sideways swap coaches.
How are the players playing for Pay? Which players? Based on what measures?
Or do you mean it’s a fact that Pay is the coach and the players are the players?

Players play for money and some are looking at a contract for next year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Or do you mean it’s a fact that Pay is the coach and the players are the players?

We're in tough conditions and the players could easily give up. I don't know what you're seeing but every week I see effort and commitment. Also the way the players talk about the coach sounds like they have respect towards Pay. From all accounts there's no evidence that Pay has lost the dressing room either. All top analysts share this same opinion with me, as well as Pay doing a good job considering everything and the "criticism" on him regarding certain things (wins and losses) is unfair. This isn't just this year either, it was the year before. We overachieved massively last year.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Leicester City winning the premier league is a miracle. What happened the following season? I've acknowledged anything is possible, but if that's your expectation you're the problem. Odds mean more to me than your opinion.
When did I say that was my expectation for this Bulldogs squad?

I’d just like to see improvement week to week but all I see is an unfit poorly coached rabble.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
When did I say that was my expectation for this Bulldogs squad?

I’d just like to see improvement week to week but all I see is an unfit poorly coached rabble.
Maybe there's no more improvement in players besides Averillo and Wakeham? Elliott's improved this year. To'omaga's overtaken Napa. You're seeing improvement, just not miracles. These players don't have many top players beside them. It's a bunch of average to below average NRL players.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anthony Griffin any day of the week over pay.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe there's no more improvement in players besides Averillo and Wakeham? Elliott's improved this year. To'omaga's overtaken Napa. You're seeing improvement, just not miracles. These players don't have many top players beside them. It's a bunch of average to below average NRL players.
And why are they average to below average???

We have international players, former international players , former state of origin players (were state of origin players before Pay got involved) , 100 game plus first grade players in this squad.

You might believe Pays shit don’t stink but the evidence he continues to provide says it does ...

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're in tough conditions and the players could easily give up. I don't know what you're seeing but every week I see effort and commitment. Also the way the players talk about the coach sounds like they have respect towards Pay. From all accounts there's no evidence that Pay has lost the dressing room either. All top analysts share this same opinion with me, as well as Pay doing a good job considering everything and the "criticism" on him regarding certain things (wins and losses) is unfair. This isn't just this year either, it was the year before. We overachieved massively last year.
We’ve all moved on from last year. It doesn’t matter anymore. It would’ve been nice to use some momentum from the last few wins but we didn’t seem to learn anything from it anyway plus Covid contributed as it did to every team.

This year matters and criticism as a head coach is expected when you are coming dead last, regardless of whether he is a good bloke or how much sympathy he gets from the media.

I commend him for taking on the shit show when he did but we are getting worse not better, particularly with the recent change of rules

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We’ve all moved on from last year. It doesn’t matter anymore. It would’ve been nice to use some momentum from the last few wins but we didn’t seem to learn anything from it anyway plus Covid contributed as it did to every team.

This year matters and criticism as a head coach is expected when you are coming dead last, regardless of whether he is a good bloke or how much sympathy he gets from the media.

I commend him for taking on the shit show when he did but we are getting worse not better, particularly with the recent change of rules
Are we getting worse or the teams we beat last year improved their roster? Tigers and Cowboys massively improved their rosters for e.g. we actually lost players instead (CHN).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Please explain to me how Renouf has overtaken Napa when To'omaga didn't play for the first 50 minutes of the game last night.

Britt and Sue came on before Renouf did. Napa played 52 minutes. Renouf played 29. Britt has been horrible this season and is coming off his two worst games yet he's the first forward off the bench.

So if you're saying you think that Renouf has overtaken Napa (which the whole world can see except for Pay) then wouldn't you say Pay is doing a poor job of rotating the forwards and not getting the best out of Renouf and others?

Reactions: GDR

Kebab74

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

There is a NRL stat is sometimes are to locate called
Are we getting worse or the teams we beat last year improved their roster? Tigers and Cowboys massively improved their rosters for e.g.
Depends, are you a half glass empty or half glass full kind of guy? Just ponder that before replying

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How was Wakeman's commitment on Sunday?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Please explain to me how Renouf has overtaken Napa when he didn't play for the first 50 minutes of the game.

Britt and Sue came on before Renouf did. Napa played 52 minutes. Renouf played 29.

So if you're saying you think Renouf has overtaken Napa, which the whole world can see except for Pay then wouldn't you say Pay is doing a poor job rotating the forwards and not getting the best out of Renouf and others?
I've said this multiple times, from the outside I have my own opinion where players should play, who should start, how we should use the bench, etc which isn't the same as Pay's. When I say Pay's done a good job that's overall. Sue's another one that has improved. Thanks for reminding me.