Pay axes 3 stars...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not saying this selection will pay off, but for all the people losing their shit at seeing Montoya on the team list, here are his stats for last weeks win in Canterbury cup playing at centre.
One try, two try assists, three line breaks, seven tackle breaks, and 173m. Not a bad game. He was also named in the team of the week.
Just saying.
I find it amusing that people claim the coach has his "favourites" whilst at the same time "hating" on another player. Hypocrites everywhere.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying this selection will pay off, but for all the people losing their shit at seeing Montoya on the team list, here are his stats for last weeks win in Canterbury cup playing at centre.
One try, two try assists, three line breaks, seven tackle breaks, and 173m. Not a bad game. He was also named in the team of the week.
Just saying.
That Blacktown team they played were a absolute rabble. Hopefully he can bring that form and confidence into NRL but I have my doubts.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Those 2 mindless tap-ons by Holland that went nowhere and handed over possession, killed our momentum. Those risky plays were never on and are probably half the reason he was dropped. He showed no respect for the ball, the opposition and his teammates - seemed too immature and desperate to show off the miracle play than to invest in what was needed to win the game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You are compartmentalising, over simplifying, team sport is never linear like you are claiming (2 does always have to come before 3 and after 1) . Using your example, CHN can play 3 positions very effectively, this was well known before he signed with us. So it's pretty naive to claim that he was bought just for one position, when the fact is he was bought for his full skill set. Utilising that full skill set is therefore totally logical. Just because he was played in 1 of the 3 positions first is totally irrelevant. For that reason a coach's thinking does not have to be linear, he can play any player, especially a multi skilled player, in a position that needs filling this game or even a few games. Then when the need arises play him in a different position, that's good use of players talents and therefore very good thinking.

I didn't attend many pre season training session but from what I saw if you think CHN didn't spend at least some time on the edge and at centre you are totally wrong.

Go Dogs
You make some good points, too bad they aren't at all relevant to our situation.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Who runs the bulldogs 4 life Facebook page?

What a complete that posting shit about the club and trying to promote unrest re weidler and his "pay lost locker" bullshit!!!

And people need to stop protecting Martin. He is a penalty magnet and is playing like utter shit. Cost us a few tries with his shit decisions too. I'm done with him.
Some kid...

All of a sudden dogs fans are also obstetrician's ( that's a Dr that deliver babies btw) lol.

Ever thought that maybe Lewis' partner is in labour early or the baby has dilated sooner than expected?

Maybe that's Pays fault also according to some fans lol
Pretty funny eh?

Kennel goes into meltdown after a journo (assumes poor defence) and reports:
Lachlan Lewis - baby due any moment.
Kerrod Holland - woeful in defence in recent weeks and races out of line.
Rhyse Martin - penalty machine.
CHN - Family illness.

It's not like we have any say in team selection so why get all worked up over it?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are compartmentalising, over simplifying, team sport is never linear like you are claiming (2 does always have to come before 3 and after 1) . Using your example, CHN can play 3 positions very effectively, this was well known before he signed with us. So it's pretty naive to claim that he was bought just for one position, when the fact is he was bought for his full skill set. Utilising that full skill set is therefore totally logical. Just because he was played in 1 of the 3 positions first is totally irrelevant. For that reason a coach's thinking does not have to be linear, he can play any player, especially a multi skilled player, in a position that needs filling this game or even a few games. Then when the need arises play him in a different position, that's good use of players talents and therefore very good thinking.

I didn't attend many pre season training session but from what I saw if you think CHN didn't spend at least some time on the edge and at centre you are totally wrong.

Go Dogs

Why did Pay play him as a middle forward from the very beggining. CHN is no middle forward.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only move i liked was him trying chn at centre

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What happened to Olive?
Montoya to the wing.
At least will have some speed out wide

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some kid...

Pretty funny eh?

Kennel goes into meltdown after a journo (assumes poor defence) and reports:
Lachlan Lewis - baby due any moment.
Kerrod Holland - woeful in defence in recent weeks and races out of line.
Rhyse Martin - penalty machine.
CHN - Family illness.

It's not like we have any say in team selection so why get all worked up over it?
Only to replace him with another that runs out of the line in Montoya ..yeah great coaching

WolfmanAmadeus

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Just saying.
Hey,

You forgot to mention the 20 missed tackles, 18 ineffective tackles, dropping the ball over the line 300 times, pace of a snail and grunting preparing to be tackled.

Wow, carving up in the reserve grade. Give this pleb a promotion. "But he deserves another chance" -----------------He's had too fucking many chances. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!! #DEANPAYOUT

He'll be man of the match this week playing inside of Okunbor "rollesyes"

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
cant make a silk purse from a sows ear, meaning we cant expect a lot when we dont have much to start with, at least pay isnt just taking the piss by keeping the same team week in week out

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
surely this is the game monty steps ups. surely! like how many chances are you going to be bud?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
cant make a silk purse from a sows ear, meaning we cant expect a lot when we dont have much to start with, at least pay isnt just taking the piss by keeping the same team week in week out
I think he's taking the piss by changing it almost every week.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol Deano could never win over the armchair supercoaches of the kennel.

Lewis and Holland in particular have been bagged by the Kennel for a few weeks now. Yet as soon as they're dropped the kennel implodes.

Holland has been poor in both attack and defence. Montoya has been fantastic in reserve grade. I'm totally fine with the swap.

Foran in for an underperforming Lewis, another no brainer. Great to see Cogger rewarded for solid showings and retained despite not being the initially preferred option.

Martin has been very average also combined with well documented attitude issues.. Another demotion I can live with. Especially if it means Ogden retains a spot in the 17.

Dogs by 4

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is having a baby and that is it, Cory has a death in the family.. The other changes are hear say and a little birdy is chirping that Holland and Martin are dropped.. Not sure to believe that about Martin not Holland..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score