News Outrage as Indigenous All Stars fail to sing national anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think the whole idea of the game is a disgrace tbh. I had to mute the crap at the start about his people and caring more then ever blah blah blah. As usual the commentators and pre-game idiots where just talking a huge pile of shite.

I find the idea of this game to promote division within Australia and it shouldn't be allowed in it's current format. I agree this Political BS should be kept out of the game and the players should be told in the strongest fashion that Advance Australia Fair is this countries anthem and many of Soldiers died of all colours defending this Country and keeping it free. Until/if it is changed then all Australians should respect our National anthem and sing it with pride.

The conversation of whether the Anthem needs to change should be kept out of RL circles and kept as a personal opinion or debated in the correct forums. The idea (Indigenous All stars) should be scrapped completely and promotes reverse racism and the never ending need for anyone not indigenous to say sorry for their whole lives based on what happened before they were born. Most reasonable people are outraged and sadden by historical events that occurred but as a Country we need to find a way forward. When can we ever say sorry enough to a point where we can all move on? It's quite clear there will never be that point!

Personally I will boycott the game next year if it's played under the same idea.

Rant over.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
LOL at people trying to force other people to follow any song that they don't want too.

Anyway it's stupid playing the national anthem when Australia isn't playing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LOL at people trying to force other people to follow any song that they don't want too.

Anyway it's stupid playing the national anthem when Australia isn't playing.
They were there representing Australia.

Australian Indigenous All Stars vs NZ Maori (fringe) All Stars.

and even then the Maori side was that underdone compared to what it could have been.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They were there representing Australia.

Australian Indigenous All Stars vs NZ Maori (fringe) All Stars.

and even then the Maori side was that underdone compared to what it could have been.
They were representing their people that were here before "Australia" was formed not Autralia. If they want nothing to do with the National Anthem then that is their perogotive.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve often wondered where Indigenous Australians would be if the early settlers just sailed on by?
If it wasn't the English it would have eventually have been someone else, probably Asians.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If it wasn't the English it would have eventually have been someone else, probably Asians.
From what I've read in the past could have been anyone including:
Spanish - Sailed through the Torres strait (hence named after Luis Vaz de Torres), in the early 1600s.
Portugese - Apparently had explored the general area as early as 1520s.
Dutch - Several explorations in the early/mid 1600s. Dirk Harthog and Abel Tasman (to name 2), but the Dutch had considered Australia "not of significant worth" (due to lack of forethought), and had concentrated interests back home keeping the Spanish at bay.
French - apparently considered having a look during the reign of Napoleon, but English had already landed here by that time.
English - the end result.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
lol @ Cody Walker playing the victim card.

Apparently such a victim that he's being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play sport for a living and to have fans worship him like a god.

What a c***.

The entire indigenous all stars match should be cancelled permanently, unless the NRL receives assurances from players that they will not use the game as a political platform.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I’ve often wondered where Indigenous Australians would be if the early settlers just sailed on by?
Probably still massacring each other with spears and wooden clubs.

Their quality of life (even though it's still very poor in comparison to the western world) is streets ahead of how it used to be.

I certainly hope (in all seriousness) their quality of life (education, health, length of life etc) continue to improve, but talking about what date Australia day is on, calling for apologies from the government and playing the victim will do nothing positive towards this.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just learnt (obviously don’t care about Australian history ) but Aborigines were not considered a human race official until 1967? Lol

That is fkd up

No wonder they are always angry Mundine et al
Makes sense that Cathy Freeman did her victory lap with aboriginal flag

Maori here should not complain at least government gave them billions for land
They weren't considered human? That sounds like bullshit.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I grew up in a housing commission area, dad owned the house but in the area were mostly housing commission
Lots of different people including indigenous
Now I have abo friends as I call them
I have aboriginal family
Let me tell you, they don’t want to work, not because they hate the white or what the white man has done
Not because of the racial inequality
But because they get paid more than any white man to sit on their ass
This is straight from family members
You know they receive more from Centrelink just for being aboriginal
And while we’re paying them to do nothing they won’t do anything, there not stupid
None of my mates or family that are indigenous hate Australia Day, or anthems etc
Only thing they hate is when there pay gets fucked up from Centrelink, straight from there mouths bud
And I’ve been to many of these “apartheid” townships, they are how they are because of how they want to live
If you don’t want to take pride in ur residence or yourself or anyone
No one can help you “brother”
Anyone in this country can get a job and contribute, anyone
Anyone in this country can at least have a nice rental property and raise a nice family, BUT only if you want to get in and have a dig
You sound like a typical *privlaged*latte sipping vegan lefty
I’ve lived there, been there, seen it and heard
Pull ya head in
And before you sook I am part aboriginal, do I call myself aboriginal ? No
Why because I’m mostly of other heritages for the larger percent
What do I call myself
Australian
Just like my aboriginal family and friends
Awesome post, you seem to have credible insight.
Who's starting all the crap then? I personally only know one black aboriginal and he's as a camp as they come, also extremely judgmental and opinionated.. I Love listening to his dramas at work. He doesn't believe in changing Australia Day either!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You don't HAVE to sing it and they obviously have their reasons for not singing it doesn't effect me one bit.

In saying that i hope it doesn't ever get to the same levels as the NFL with kneeling during the anthem its a absolute shit storm over it.
It will im afraid to say

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's like saying you should worry about stopping white people from raping people and it's your job to stop white pedophiles.
Not really, because they are doing this stupid "not singing the anthem" to prove a political point for their own communities.

If they want to do something more constructive for their own communities, they should use their position as players to speak out against kids raping kids.

Kid goes "Oh wow my idol Latrell or James says I shouldn't forcibly rape my 3 yr old sister... you know what.. I don't think I will... he's my idol and I listen to him".

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who gives a fuck?

Many aboriginals don't want to celebrate white Australia.

I remember many people here saying, "Aboriginals don't care about this stuff. They don't want to move Australia day. It's only white people"

Then when Aboriginals refuse to sing the national anthem we get the same people saying, "kick them out of the game. Put them in chains"

Seriously. Just admit the truth. We invaded Australia We won. They're pissed off about that. Let them grieve. No reason to rub it in their faces.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
MUST WATCH THIS .
Not stirring shit but very interesting.
She gets owned big time.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I posted about this during the first half of this game, pretty pissed off actually and didn’t bother to watch the 2nd half. Reason being is I was amazed at 7 indigenous players looking angry and not singing the national anthem. Our players Smith sang, Adam Elliott tried but I don’t think he knew the words. Watching the Maoris sing they were proud of there anthem and country and that’s what our Anthem represents our country please someone tell these players it does not represent captain cook or who ever but our country. You can debate our flag on what it represents but to me it represents the people that fought for our country and gave there lives for us to be here today and free.Maybe if not for the Americans destroying the Japanese fleet during world war 2 none of us would be here nor I dare say the aborigines. I feel for the older original Aborigines not the young ones today who seem to think that we as Australians owe them everything. It’s not the older ones complaining about history but their children. They will never be happy until they rule the land and Australia ends up with no white man like Zimbabwe is now. Look at Zimbabwe they have lost everything. That will never happen here but unfortunately this will never end. Those indigenous players who don’t want to represent this country and respect our anthem or flag then should not be selected for any representative games. They should not be available for selection as they are an embarrassment to there country. In saying all this the NRL are incompetent and should of thought out this problem and at least had the aboriginal version sang before the English version as did the Maoris. Maybe we wouldn’t be talking about this and how good the game could off been. NRL is the driving force in giving the game a bad name.

Status
Not open for further replies.