News Outrage as Indigenous All Stars fail to sing national anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
lol media pushing that narrative, you must be insane if you believe that

its a right wing media that placates to the left, the difference is you read news stories where white people were the victims and agree that they were victims, we should test this one day by kidnapping a random white and black person each to compare the media coverage

"everyday Australians left out of pocket by rising food prices" dawgfather reaction = ffs those food prices are rising

"8,000 people dead in tsunami but most importantly 4 Australians were among the victims" dawgfather reaction = its good that they are letting us know about Australian victims

"aboriginal man dies in custody" dawgfather reaction = ffs the media again trying to make the aboriginal the victim, he probably committed suicide
Of course there are ideologues of both persuasions (right wing and left wing), and of course some of them have careers in the media. The issue here is that the majority of ideologues in the media (and in many public institutions) lean left and it's therefore very hard for the common person to get a fair and balanced opinion of a particular topic.

Personally, I dislike hard left ideologues as much as the hard right. Both sets of ideas and people won't bring about anything good for any society on this earth.

I think your opinion of me and my specific thoughts on political topics such as aboriginal issues are slightly misplaced, but that might be reasonable given it's very hard to form a proper opinion just using words on a n internet forum.

I have to say, it's slightly disconcerting having someone basically accuse me of being some sort of white extremist who takes no interest in issues facing aboriginals or ethnic people overseas. It's a long way from the truth - but then again it's also the usual result of people who believe identity politics is the best way to view the world.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I think your opinion of me and my specific thoughts on political topics such as aboriginal issues are slightly misplaced, but that might be reasonable given it's very hard to form a proper opinion just using words on a n internet forum.

I have to say, it's slightly disconcerting having someone basically accuse me of being some sort of white extremist who takes no interest in issues facing aboriginals or ethnic people overseas.
The thing is I also have psychic ability, the same thing that allowed you to see the intent of the indigenous team and conclude that they all were trying to make a political point, that's what I've got

It's a real gift

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing is I also have psychic ability, the same thing that allowed you to see the intent of the indigenous team and conclude that they all were trying to make a political point, that's what I've got

It's a real gift
Haha

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

It's a real gift
That would make sense, if it wasn't for the captain of the team making these comments after the game.

Skipper Cody Walker called for the national anthem to be changed, saying the current song “doesn’t represent myself and my family”.

“To be honest, no,” Walker said when asked if he was comfortable standing for the Australian anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.