News Outrage as Indigenous All Stars fail to sing national anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fukn abo privilege. Like when you did tests at school and there was a question “are you abo or Torres straight islander”. Once you tick that your score gets bumped up by 50% automatically... that’s abo privilege

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly let's make Australia an all inclusive even multi cultural society .
As long as Indigenous get their own Flag, pension system , National day, Anthem, Non inclusive sporting events and teams etc etc .
That will help "close the gap"
This is the part I don't get about this argument.

Lets take Origin for example..............NSW has it's own flag, it has its own government assistance plans (eg for electricity, schools etc) that is only accessible to NSWelshmen, Has its own coat of arms and emblems specific to NSW only, sporting events and teams and it's own government.

By your argument are we racist against Qlder's because they can't play for NSW Origin team?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I grew up in a housing commission area, dad owned the house but in the area were mostly housing commission
Lots of different people including indigenous
Now I have abo friends as I call them
I have aboriginal family
Let me tell you, they don’t want to work, not because they hate the white or what the white man has done
Not because of the racial inequality
But because they get paid more than any white man to sit on their ass
This is straight from family members
You know they receive more from Centrelink just for being aboriginal
And while we’re paying them to do nothing they won’t do anything, there not stupid
None of my mates or family that are indigenous hate Australia Day, or anthems etc
Only thing they hate is when there pay gets fucked up from Centrelink, straight from there mouths bud
And I’ve been to many of these “apartheid” townships, they are how they are because of how they want to live
If you don’t want to take pride in ur residence or yourself or anyone
No one can help you “brother”
Anyone in this country can get a job and contribute, anyone
Anyone in this country can at least have a nice rental property and raise a nice family, BUT only if you want to get in and have a dig
You sound like a typical *privlaged*latte sipping vegan lefty
I’ve lived there, been there, seen it and heard
Pull ya head in
And before you sook I am part aboriginal, do I call myself aboriginal ? No
Why because I’m mostly of other heritages for the larger percent
What do I call myself
Australian
Just like my aboriginal family and friends
You hit the nail on the head mate, you really did

The indigenous don’t need more handouts
They have access to everything they need and more to make a life for themselves.

It’s up to the individual to better their own lives with the opportunity and privilege they enjoy,

Any dispare to any indigenous person today is the direct result of the individual choices made by that individual.

Time to get real, give the indigenous the credit they deserve and that is the respect that they are capable intelligent people who don’t need more hand outs or more privilege, but encouragement to do something with their own life, and stop allowing them to falsely feel disadvantaged with all this false racism narrative.

I say fuck the real racists.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
This is the part I don't get about this argument.

Lets take Origin for example..............NSW has it's own flag, it has its own government assistance plans (eg for electricity, schools etc) that is only accessible to NSWelshmen, Has its own coat of arms and emblems specific to NSW only, sporting events and teams and it's own government.

By your argument are we racist against Qlder's because they can't play for NSW Origin team?
What???
Bit far fetched there mate. Since when has being a Queenslander been a RACE.
And those state government rights and privileges are for all not just one race of people.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What???
And those state government rights and privileges are for all not just one race of people.
Exactly right
And both Queensland and nsw teams are all inclusive of all races

You see that post is another example of how people are confused on what race is and what being racist is.

The term racist is over used, it’s used when something isn’t racist

Like the Australian country

It’s not a racist country at all,
But real racists will call Australia racist.

#fucktherealracists

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What???
Firstly, on Qlder's being another race, have you met any? They are f@#king strange and different up there.:grinning:

The state government rights are only for residents if that state. And yes is so restrictive that even members of the same race are exluded because they live on the wrong side of an imaginary line.

Hardly all inclusive.

Secondly I am just pointing out, using your arguments, that I don't think an indigenous game is racist.

You are right it was a ridiculous comparison but I think your argument is just off the mark when it comes to a sporting team.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Segregation only exists in Australia society, because those that are segregated WANT to be. If suddenly you agree to integrate into society like everyone else, the need for special priviledge disappears.

There's aboriginal in our extended family. They don't give a shit about the aboriginal "woe is me" side of things, although they did get an aboriginal scholarship that paid for everything to put them though Uni. Then they got TAFE fees paid for additional courses. Studied a specific field and after all that pulled the "too hard card", and changed to a different field, got that tafe course paid for as well, and fast tracked due to being like 1/4 or 1/8th aboriginal.

Their mother and aunty though. 13 kids between them, all on benefits, 2 already in and out of juvi, 5 - 7 in government care, and yet they make sure they get every single aboriginal benefit they can.

To give you an idea where they rate on the "****-o-meter", one of them (the mothers) was stealing shit (medical supplies and equipment) from hospital when her kid was in there. Complete and utter pieces of shit that (like shit on a sheeps fur), are unfortunately related to the family because SOMEONE put their dick somewhere they shouldn't have, and knocked up a 1/2 or 1/4 aboriginal woman.

Whenever they get told "NO", they jump up and down and scream the walls down about "black power" and "racism" and "how the white man are to blame for everything".

That's the tip of the iceberg though, there's fuckloads more that I could go on with, but it'd potentially identify them. To say they are a stain on society is an understatement.

Back to the issue at hand though, do they realise that Maoris were representing NZ in that game, and Aboriginals representing Australia (hence the anthem). If they don't want to represent Australia that's fine, don't pick them for the game next year (because clearly they don't want to be included), and don't pick any of them for Australian rep teams.

SIMPLE!

The one I am disappointed about though is Elliott. Bloke needs to pull his head in after the shit he pulled at Mad Monday, and could have sung the anthem as a proud Australian rather than remaining tight lipped like the rest of them.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe there's some things they don't like about Australia.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not getting into a back and forth with anyone about race, politics or religion on a forum.

But there is clearly still a lot of resentment and hostility on both sides of the argument. The fact that so many people get enraged and want to get personal from one person's opinion on the matter proves that point.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I think everyone needs to cool down. I think all can agree that all we want is everyone to be treated the same and how we go about that may differ.
I just see it hard to unite when there is more and more divide put in place, with the intention of fixing wrongs from the past that at the time did just that "divide".
Any way hope all have a great day.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sort of shit happens in Yankee Doodle land. shit happened 50 years ago get over it we can’t take it back it happened move the fuck on we under commonwealth if they gonna sook about it change it back too nrl Allstars and invite the dream team from super league and the team voted by best position awarded at awards nights that’s a better spectacle

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We need Round 1 ASAP, take it easy lads, this is why mixing politics and sport is a bad idea. Mal and co are wankers for doing so.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay I've just nuked about 90 posts in this thread. Apologies to those that got caught in the crossfire because in the end I just did page by page selection.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Respect that opinion.

If you can't respect it move on or get removed from this thread.
Apologies to the NSW Police, not all cops are pricks.

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Okay I've just nuked about 90 posts in this thread. Apologies to those that got caught in the crossfire because in the end I just did page by page selection.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Respect that opinion.

If you can't respect it move on or get removed from this thread.
Well done Mr I.
Was beginning to feel like a pair of windscreen wipers - Extreme left, extreme right....left, right. Center left, center right.... left, right. Was waiting for someone to say that they were not racist but that they hated everyone equally........Just for something different i suppose.

But its funny how much our country has changed. I was made on the Iberian peninsula from ingredients sourced from same area - European wog and proud. But i grew up in Canterbury district and am also a proud Australian for 39 yrs. Today, those who taunted me and my smelly food at school cant wait to cook with the same ingredients, those who made fun of my Leb friends because their bread looked different can wait to get stuck into their wraps and that queue outside all those Italian restaurants, Portuguese charcoal chicken shops, Greek Yeeros, Lebanese kebab and every other wog restaurant speak for themselves.

Everyone is entitle to an opinion. We don't have to agree with it. But we should respect it.
Now bring on the footy season so we can take it out on the referees and the opposition - and on Des of course (now that his coaching those Sea Eagles - that is if you consider Des a coach)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Last time I saw the thread it was like on Page 3 (this morning)... come back it's blown out to largely an 8 page ping pong between the left and the right LOL.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Last time I saw the thread it was like on Page 3 (this morning)... come back it's blown out to largely an 8 page ping pong between the left and the right LOL.
Really?
Is that what it was
Left v right?

Really............

I don’t think so

Status
Not open for further replies.