Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paint.

ben roberts at lock. stagg on bench. can develop roberts in an anasta type role. has his freedom and can bring himself in to play when he sees fit. hes had his fair amount of time at stand off and hes sh*t. 1 good game out of 6 is not good enough. keating and hodkinson partnership is what we need.
If Roberts moves to lock, Stagg will go to second row and Ryan will start at prop

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Then Ennis will move to Centres, barba 2nd row, Idris to hooker...

C

chipandchase

Ben Roberts will have first shot. The fact that Hodkinson is there does bring some merit to the case of Keating but it also means that we need an experienced head in the halves as well and Roberts now will play more of a leadership role and that is why i think he will be there. IMO Keating has been brought in as a utility and also to put pressure on Roberts, consistency in performance has been his downfall in the past, Keating will hopefully bring that extra pressure which will make him step up every game.

Also, Roberts will get the ball alot more now and alot earlier then when Kimmorley was around. I would describe Kimmorley as a very dominant half back so i think that this could be the season where Roberts really asserts himself and makes his mark with us.

Either way im very excited to see it all unfold!
honestly, u almost had me, lol
but when you said kimmorly was a dominate half back you lost me. Ennis took 3 or 4 balls from dummy half, he is obviously been coached to play this way.
so if we dont change this, then our game wont change

C

chipandchase

Roberts has had his chance, he is extremely inconsistant, as we have seen.
this thread is really gargbage, it all comes down to the trials doesnt it.
who knows, they both maynot be there, what if Seizer comes out and blitzes the trials

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Roberts 5/8 with Keating utility and add pressure for spots/cover injuries. in my perfect world Roberts plays dummy half at certain stages he has the game to be dangerous there but I don't see how Keating comes straight into the side at 5/8. Trials could be interesting

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
seizer for me i know hes young but hes a gun look at pearce for roostrs if ur good enough ur old enough and roberts is trash

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Bump.

Now that we have finished our trials who do you want as our 5/8?

I still say Roberts based on trial form. Give him a few weeks to see how he goes with Hodko. Then if he no produce. Shift him to lock swapping with staggy and see if the so called partnership of Hodko/Keating fires.

Thoughts?

Oh and can we delete the old poll and re-start it?

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say Keating, hearing every weeks trial reports it was always equal but last week against Raiders Keating i think just got over Roberts with the combination with Hodkinson

Bring ON rd1

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I've only watched the 3rd trial so i can only base it on that. From that game alone, Keating played better.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
I'm a Roberts fangirl but based on Tamworth, Keating was better.

Ideally I'd like to see Moore mix it up with Roberts and Keating and some other players in the team. I was discussing this with Mr C on the weekend and he had a few good ideas.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ben Roberts....LOL. How this guy still has supporters is still beyond me, this guy has been a perennial failure for years yet you STILL want to persist with him ?

Seriously, throw him into NSW cup then send his ass to ESL where it belongs. He does not deserve to be on the bench even.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ben Roberts has reached his peak and it's not good enough. Time for Kris Keating and Aidan Seizer to get the opportunity.

C

chipandchase

i think with Ennis probably not going to last a full match due to match fitness, both Roberts and Keating will be in the 17.
id say Keating starting at 5/8 and then moving to hooker when Ennis is given a break, roberts then to 5/8.
that is an option, it is going to interesting to see how he fits in all the players with Ryan and Ennis coming back.

BullDoggy10

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some one fast who's a good ball player and makes things happen. I know I always get ridiculed when I say it but even though he had a good game at fullback in the trial against the Raiders. His speed and creativity would be a great asset to have in the halves. With Hodgskinson there he won't have to worry about kicking to much which is his weakness along with his defence. In defence he can defend a bit like Jamie (the milkman) Soward. I am talking of course of Ben Barba.
I have been very disappointed with Ben Roberts over the last couple of seasons with too many wrong options at times, perhaps he may improve. I don't think Keating is the answer at 5/8. While he may be ok I think Barba needs to be close to the action at all times. Just my possibly long and boring opinion.

BullDoggy10

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ben Roberts....LOL. How this guy still has supporters is still beyond me, this guy has been a perennial failure for years yet you STILL want to persist with him ?

Seriously, throw him into NSW cup then send his ass to ESL where it belongs. He does not deserve to be on the bench even.
Totally agree

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
There has only been a couple of trials, I still think Roberts should start the year, I hav't seen enough of Keating in blue and white but it sounds like he is keen to edge Benny out.

C

chipandchase

Some one fast who's a good ball player and makes things happen. I know I always get ridiculed when I say it but even though he had a good game at fullback in the trial against the Raiders. His speed and creativity would be a great asset to have in the halves. With Hodgskinson there he won't have to worry about kicking to much which is his weakness along with his defence. In defence he can defend a bit like Jamie (the milkman) Soward. I am talking of course of Ben Barba.
I have been very disappointed with Ben Roberts over the last couple of seasons with too many wrong options at times, perhaps he may improve. I don't think Keating is the answer at 5/8. While he may be ok I think Barba needs to be close to the action at all times. Just my possibly long and boring opinion.
i tihnk Barba's asset is that he can read a game so well in attack, and he does this better at fullback where he can inject himself more often.
he has great vision when backing up and fullback allows him more freedom to do this.
at 5/8 he has to play a more structures role in attack and it stifles his brilliance in my opinion. Fullback is his spot for me, and he can see him hanging of guys like Pritchard, Idris etc and scoreing plenty of tries.
i think Keating will surprise alot people this year as he plays very direct, and will be a very good foil for Hodkinson

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I would go with Roberts. I think at this best he adds a genuine go forward on the left hand side. I would also like to see him with Pritchard or Eastwood running through. Last year Ryan played really well but lacked a little size and aggression. Still a great player but Roberts sprinting for 10 mtrs and then passing it off to Franky or the Beast should be something to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.