• Other (specify)

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
I have no idea who will start the year as 5/8, but I can't really see us having the same one the entire season.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
banking on barba doing a lockyer. Hopefully plays well at fullback and then maybe later down the track moved up to the halves

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
I just hope that the coach and the supporters have patience with Barba at first. Will take him some time to find his feet in that position and there will be mistakes but having confidence in him will do wonders for his confidence.

C

chipandchase

I just hope that the coach and the supporters have patience with Barba at first. Will take him some time to find his feet in that position and there will be mistakes but having confidence in him will do wonders for his confidence.
spot on

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol at all the barba talk to bloke has the worst pass's that I've seen in fg in a while and you guys want him at 5/8 watch some games from last year his pass's float by the time they get to the player the defense has sorted itself out.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Roberts is predictable and to inconsistant. Keating and Hodgkinson together are awesome and played great in Tamworth if Hodgkinson wasn't the half i would give Roberts first shot to start with but from what ive seen in the trials he seems to make the same mistakes and attacks the same way each and every time. Keating is a lot more of a Genuine playmaker and plays the whole field and links well on BOTH SIDES. Honestly Roberts has had years to produce and each year that goes passed its the same excuses.

Keating and Hodgkison are going to be our GF winning halves this year barring injury

GSM

New Pup
Reaction score
After watching the last trial my vote gos to Keating. He seems to be a genuine playmaking half who does it all. He can take on the line has a good passing and kicking game and backs up well.
Im a Roberts fan (im a fan of anyone in blue and white though) but i think he will have to reinvent himself as a 2nd rower/lock, centre or very handy utility bench player if he wants to stay at the dogs. Especially if the rumours about Ennis re-signing are true and these young pups sezer and reynolds are as good as everyone keeps saying. His main strength in my opinion is his running game and ability to break the line and he doesnt need to be five-eigth to do that.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Loll at our gf winning halves how old are you 13 after 3 trials you think were going to win the comp

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roberts would be a weapon off the bench.

GSM

New Pup
Reaction score
Roberts would be a weapon off the bench.
Yeah i agree and he could still play big minutes. If Keating, Ennis and stagg each played 60-70 minutes (or stagg moved to 2nd row) and if it didnt complicate thing by making players need to know how to play multiple roles each game then Roberts could be on for 40-50 mins a game at least.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Having both Roberts and Keating in the team would also provide great cover if anyone got injured during a game.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Loll at our gf winning halves how old are you 13 after 3 trials you think were going to win the comp
Monkey boy its a team thing and were we lacked last year in the forwards and halves we have recruited genuine superstars and potential superstars. Combine that with a solid backline and a general attitude of forgetting last year we will be close to unbeatbale. Mark my words the dogs will win the comp this year. After watching the last few years and watching the players we have added it will be not just a successful year but one where we become the entertainers again.

C

chipandchase

Monkey boy its a team thing and were we lacked last year in the forwards and halves we have recruited genuine superstars and potential superstars. Combine that with a solid backline and a general attitude of forgetting last year we will be close to unbeatbale. Mark my words the dogs will win the comp this year. After watching the last few years and watching the players we have added it will be not just a successful year but one where we become the entertainers again.
i love your enthusiasm

GSM

New Pup
Reaction score
Having both Roberts and Keating in the team would also provide great cover if anyone got injured during a game.
Yeah i think we could cover an injury to anyone in the side with the versatility we have and still have a strong side. If Roberts could cover center he would be the perfect bench utility. Keating has even better utilty value imo but i would prefer him to start and shift him to hooker or halfback if either of those guys went down and bring Roberts into 5/8.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Our front row - Tandy = almost as poor as last year if we get injures in the front row I can see us missing the 8, we also have an unproven halfback that's a big big call.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
Roberts will be a weapon off the bench, but we will be complaining that we don't use him often and at right times ( like last year with the use of barba ). Roberts will be explosive off the bench, but he won't be happy with 15, 20 minutes a game. If that's the case, for his sake i'll be club hunting right away.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Roberts should get the start, Keating has played 3 games for us (and trial games at that) and people are already talking about him and Hodko being premiership winning halves, like seriously lol.

Roberts is a key to this side which he showed in 2009, in 2010 he was hampered by injury and missed half the year and the team as a whole was just sh!t. It is Roberts position to lose imo and Keating being the new guy must earn that spot, not just be given it straight away. So far this year, Roberts has done nothing to lose it so far, he should get the start in round 1.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Our front row - Tandy = almost as poor as last year if we get injures in the front row I can see us missing the 8, we also have an unproven halfback that's a big big call.
Im with you, our team is solid but we have not proven anything yet for people to make claims like that. We need to prove it in proper games and i agree with you that we are very thin in the props area and our backline tbh is not that good, Goodwin and Turner would probably be the slowest pairing and struggle to get a run at most other clubs.

We need to be realistic this year, we have alot of new guys and a young half that is only in his second season, we may do something special but people need to be realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.