Our front row next year is worrying.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
TPJ and Thompson are on big dollars, inconsistent and unreliable; yeah they can have one belter of a game but that is then followed by constantly not in the match squad. They are definately not money well spend at this rate.

Ryan Sutton is okay, he's just another plodder. He will be decent off the bench to provide stability but nothing more.

Chris Patolo looks too young and so far hasn't showed anything promising.

Max King is the only one that is solid.

Yeah our front row is definately in trouble next year. I'm hoping that Mahoney and his forward passes can help build momentum in the middle of the field for them by getting our forwards on the front foot to build a roll on.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TPJ and Thompson are on big dollars, inconsistent and unreliable; yeah they can have one belter of a game but that is then followed by constantly not in the match squad. They are definately not money well spend at this rate.

Ryan Sutton is okay, he's just another plodder. He will be decent off the bench to provide stability but nothing more.

Chris Patolo looks too young and so far hasn't showed anything promising.

Max King is the only one that is solid.

Yeah our front row is definately in trouble next year. I'm hoping that Mahoney and his forward passes can help build momentum in the middle of the field for them by getting our forwards on the front foot to build a roll on.
If he constantly throws forward passes he will be in for a surprise next year when they finally get called.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thompson
Mahoney
TPJ
Kikau
RFM
King

Our starting pack is fine.
Yeh starting lineup is good. Bit light on the bench though. I expect a few signings this off-season in the forwards

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
If he constantly throws forward passes he will be in for a surprise next year when they finally get called.
As always Chisdog - you're right on the mark.

Different rules for the Bulldogs.

Your comment made me think of many years ago Cement Gillespie copped a number of send offs. When he signed with Manly all that stopped even though he didn't do anything differently.

Fast forward to current times and we get penalties and calls against us that other teams don't get when they do the same thing.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As always Chisdog - you're right on the mark.

Different rules for the Bulldogs.

Your comment made me think of many years ago Cement Gillespie copped a number of send offs. When he signed with Manly all that stopped even though he didn't do anything differently.

Fast forward to current times and we get penalties and calls against us that other teams don't get when they do the same thing.
When Aaron Woods was with us he got penalised for not playing the ball properly. Has he been penalised once for that since he left us? Remember when we used to get penalised for kicking the ball away or not giving it to the opposition? That happened & happens all the time but nobody else ever got penalised for it.

You are right about Gillespie. He got sent off for a forearm on David Brooks (i.e. putting up his bumper bars) & got 4 weeks. When he went to Manly he did the dame thing & nothing. And when it happened to our players, also nothing.

All I want is consistency for everybody. And then everybody will be happier (nobody will be completely happy).

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A highlight for me in recent weeks has been seeing docker clay taking one out hitups up the middle of the ruck. Our middles with the exception of Vaughan and King have been missing in action all year.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d take tamou and fatfita on 200-400k contracts for one year with clubs option for second. It would get us out of trouble next year and still leave the flexibility to go after better for 2024