Our front row next year is worrying.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hopefully this is first time your wrong [emoji23] we need haas or a elite prop like tapine (whom I can’t see leaving raiders)
i have no mail on this but Tapine is not leaving raiders, Ikin wont let Haas leave and Nelson stays or goes to rugby. just IMO

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
i have no mail on this but Tapine is not leaving raiders, Ikin wont let Haas leave and Nelson stays or goes to rugby. just IMO
Agree with both other but I could see ikin tell haas to fuck iff if they miss the 8 and he wants out.

Gus was quoted on haas before.

If Thompson goes I have hope.

Just losing Vaughan leaves such a glaring hole. Think also could make tpj be on weekly and they have some man love lol.

Haas Mahoney king kikau and tpj lock down all bar 1 slots of a devastating pack.

Jacko could be that 12 with the impact around. Sutton/rfm/Davey/pele could be some Bench

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You reckon he's a prop or lock?
For me he's a Prop but to he honest it depends on what Ciraldo has planned, the ball playing 13 is the rage at the moment but not all the top eight teams have gone that way. I could see a line up of 8 TPJ
10 Thompson 13 King but if we lose Thompson kings 10.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For me he's a Prop but to he honest it depends on what Ciraldo has planned, the ball playing 13 is the rage at the moment but not all the top eight teams have gone that way. I could see a line up of 8 TPJ
10 Thompson 13 King but if we lose Thompson kings 10.
And if TPJ does not want to play front row?

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And if TPJ does not want to play front row?
Once again up to Ciraldo and what his vision is. I just think from an involvement perspective TPJ is best at prop especially with his offload capabilities. Won't complain if he drifts to an edge in the opposition's red zone though.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is Matt Lodge contracted for next year yet?

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick lui-toso from the Northern pride seem to go alright. Who's seen much of him? And is he off contract ?

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is Matt Lodge contracted for next year yet?
I don't think so but the way he's played at the roosters I'm sure uncle Nick will have a brown paper bag with a bit of loose change in it for him.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is not stupid. If as some people suggest both or one of TPJ and Thompson are being moved on it will be because Gus has someone already lined up. But I am doubtful that is the case and think both TPJ and Thompson will be with the Dogs next year.

Having said that I think our starting Middles next year will be TPJ & Thompson, with JJ at lock (Not ball playing lock). Bench will be utility (BBO), King, Sutton plus best of the rest in the Forwards, Bigger question for me is who will be our right edge forward? JJ offers nothing in attack we need more options on that edge. RFM & Waddell yawn. otherwise unsigned for next year Topine, Stuckey, Edwards, Hoffman & Doorey. If Morrin is re-signed I see him as maybe the long term replacement for JJ at Lock, interesting that he only made the bench in NSW Cup.

With NSW Cup teams this week limitations on the players selected as this is first week of finals.