Our front row next year is worrying.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rfm cant defend out wide he needs to be 13 or bench prop
We’ve suffered badly with RFM on the edge and Kiraz on the wing instead of the centers. Edge forwards should be hitting the line and offloading like Shaun Lane and with the ability to run at angles into space. Hang on a sec, Des swapped Lane for RFM didn’t he?

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the bench is going to be a problem. We have no Impact coming off it.
Like I said earlier, next year is another throwaway season. We should be blooding youngsters to have ready for 2024.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
You forgot the sizzler
Prop's tooth in forehead

July 17, 2007 — 10.47pm

Rugby league prop Ben Czislowski ran around for 15 weeks without knowing an opponent's tooth was buried in his forehead.

Ben Czislowski had a clash of heads with Tweed Heads forward Matt Austin during a Queensland Cup game on April 1.

He had the wound stitched up but was wondering why he felt lethargic, had an eye infection and had shooting pains in his head ever since.

Czislowski, a former Broncos and Bulldogs player in the NRL, visited his GP last week and all was revealed.

"I can laugh about it now but the doctor told me it could have been serious with teeth carrying germs," Czislowski, 24, told AAP.

"I feel so lucky that the worst that I got out of it was that my head looked uglier than it does normally."

It's a bizarre story, so Czislowski has taken measures to ensure he is believed.

"I've got the tooth at home, sitting on the bedside table," he said.

"If he (Austin) wants it back he can have it. I'm keeping it at the moment as proof that it actually happened.

"It's a story I can tell for the rest of my life. It will get a bit more exaggerated over the years, but it's a good laugh."

The tooth's removal has had an immediate effect on Czislowski's on-field form - he was the driving force behind Wynnum's 38-16 Queensland Cup win over Central at Rockhampton on the weekend.

"A lot of the boys have been giving it to me, saying I was using it (embedded tooth) as an excuse for my poor form but my eye looks a thousand times better already and I feel a lot better," he said.

Czislowski is not the only rugby league player to have been left with an unlikely souvenir by an opponent.

In 2004, Australian hooker Shane Millard also had a foe's fang removed from his head while playing for Widnes in the English competition.

Two years earlier, Australian Jamie Ainscough's arm became so badly infected while playing for Wigan in England there were fears it would be amputated before the source was discovered. Yep, a rival's tooth.

AAP

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd play him in prop on the left with Kiki, Burton and JAC
This is exactly where he should always be playing.

Every player is different and respond to different coaching. I think if their is one benefit to CC coming. From all reports he is a man manager style coach. Hopefully he get into TPJ’s mindset and find out what makes him tick.

Purely from a fan watching from the outside. TPJ’s issues on the field are easy to remedy.

Play him at Prop ONLY with a clear defined simple game plan and he is brilliant.

There seems to be this belief from coaches that he can play back row. He cannot defend on an edge. His lateral movement is terrible. The result is his discipline becomes a problem and he may as well be sitting on the bench.

In attack he has his offload.

However his offload is generally late and well after contract. This style suit’s a middle forward much better. With a smart spine looking and ready for second phase.

When a edge back-rower runs a hole and pokes there head or arm through for a offload it works well because everyone is in motion. TPJ’s offload on an edge is too late and sees everyone flat footed.

Keep It simple for him, Play him at Prop Left Side and finally get him fit over the off-season. He will be a star player.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Prop's tooth in forehead

July 17, 2007 — 10.47pm

Rugby league prop Ben Czislowski ran around for 15 weeks without knowing an opponent's tooth was buried in his forehead.

Ben Czislowski had a clash of heads with Tweed Heads forward Matt Austin during a Queensland Cup game on April 1.

He had the wound stitched up but was wondering why he felt lethargic, had an eye infection and had shooting pains in his head ever since.

Czislowski, a former Broncos and Bulldogs player in the NRL, visited his GP last week and all was revealed.

"I can laugh about it now but the doctor told me it could have been serious with teeth carrying germs," Czislowski, 24, told AAP.

"I feel so lucky that the worst that I got out of it was that my head looked uglier than it does normally."

It's a bizarre story, so Czislowski has taken measures to ensure he is believed.

"I've got the tooth at home, sitting on the bedside table," he said.

"If he (Austin) wants it back he can have it. I'm keeping it at the moment as proof that it actually happened.

"It's a story I can tell for the rest of my life. It will get a bit more exaggerated over the years, but it's a good laugh."

The tooth's removal has had an immediate effect on Czislowski's on-field form - he was the driving force behind Wynnum's 38-16 Queensland Cup win over Central at Rockhampton on the weekend.

"A lot of the boys have been giving it to me, saying I was using it (embedded tooth) as an excuse for my poor form but my eye looks a thousand times better already and I feel a lot better," he said.

Czislowski is not the only rugby league player to have been left with an unlikely souvenir by an opponent.

In 2004, Australian hooker Shane Millard also had a foe's fang removed from his head while playing for Widnes in the English competition.

Two years earlier, Australian Jamie Ainscough's arm became so badly infected while playing for Wigan in England there were fears it would be amputated before the source was discovered. Yep, a rival's tooth.

AAP
I don't know how that guy made 1st grade

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I don't know how that guy made 1st grade
Very, very average player.

I remember watching a game live and he must have had negative post contact metres. He seemed to get pushed back all the time.

It was strange because he was a pretty big guy and appeared to be running hard enough to take the hit up ... but obviously he was not

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very, very average player.

I remember watching a game live and he must have had negative post contact metres. He seemed to get pushed back all the time.

It was strange because he was a pretty big guy and appeared to be running hard enough to take the hit up ... but obviously he was not
I'm telling you, we lost our DNA in 2005 with players like him and a few years later in players like briggs, Youngquest and a shit load more garbage players

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You want to get rid of TPJ, keep Thompson and sign Eisenhuth :tearsofjoy:
TPJ is being pushed out, Thompson isn't, Eisenhuth talk. Has nothing to do with that I want, more to do with what might actually happen unlike you with fucking fantasy signings of Mitchell, Munster, Radley and whatever other garbage you come up with.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
TPJ is being pushed out, Thompson isn't, Eisenhuth talk. Has nothing to do with that I want, more to do with what might actually happen unlike you with fucking fantasy signings of Mitchell, Munster, Radley and whatever other garbage you come up with.
Think we have heard More of Thompson being shopped (even that actors confirmed)

Hopefully tpj is here for at least another season. I wanna see what ciraldo does with him and I’m hoping with kikau and Mahoney he really can be more like the bloke who destroyed the eels pack on his own and won us a game.

Thompson has shown next to nothing sadly.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8. Payne Haas/Joseph Tapine/Nelson Asofa-Solomona (hopefully for 2023, and if not 2024)
Reed Mahoney
10. Philip Makatoa (very sure he played every NSW cup game this season, is 23 years and his stats are outstanding)
Villiame Kikau
12. Andrew Davey (checked the Manly forum and their fans are gutted seeing him go)
Tevita Pangai Junior

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
8. Payne Haas/Joseph Tapine/Nelson Asofa-Solomona (hopefully for 2023, and if not 2024)
Reed Mahoney
10. Philip Makatoa (very sure he played every NSW cup game this season, is 23 years and his stats are outstanding)
Villiame Kikau
12. Andrew Davey (checked the Manly forum and their fans are gutted seeing him go)
Tevita Pangai Junior
You must get E’s on your Grade 8 business and finance math exams.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don’t get the hate for that Omar comment

Davey sounds like a low addition and easy enough.

I think the haas shit might have some legs especially if Thompson goes (maybe wishful thinking) especially for 24 anyway it could be.

Tapine would be lovely but doubt it think he extends with raiders soon.

although I’d think king starts over any nsw cup kid.

8. Haas
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Jacko (can’t imagine he doesn’t start although I think it’s time he is benched a lot more)
13. Tpj

14. Davey
15. Rfm
16. Sutton
17. Pele/makatoa/morrin/seufamangi/billy t/edwards/tanner/Stuckey maybe topine if kept?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Reed Mahoney
Villiame Kikau
Tevita Pangai Junior
wake up, we are not getting Haas, Tapine or Nelson. Makatoa is not a premiership winning front rower, Davey is a back up player. Nasheed at his best

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
wake up, we are not getting Haas, Tapine or Nelson. Makatoa is not a premiership winning front rower, Davey is a back up player. Nasheed at his best
Hopefully this is first time your wrong [emoji23] we need haas or a elite prop like tapine (whom I can’t see leaving raiders)

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t get the hate for that Omar comment

Davey sounds like a low addition and easy enough.

I think the haas shit might have some legs especially if Thompson goes (maybe wishful thinking) especially for 24 anyway it could be.

Tapine would be lovely but doubt it think he extends with raiders soon.

although I’d think king starts over any nsw cup kid.

8. Haas
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Jacko (can’t imagine he doesn’t start although I think it’s time he is benched a lot more)
13. Tpj

14. Davey
15. Rfm
16. Sutton
17. Pele/makatoa/morrin/seufamangi/billy t/edwards/tanner/Stuckey maybe topine if kept?
8. Payne Haas
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Max King
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Josh Jackson (has only 1 year remaining)
13. Tevita Pangai Junior

14. Josh Reynolds (if Reynolds has a successful off-season and gets a new deal)
15. Ryan Sutton
16. Andrew Davey
17. Franklin Pele/Philip Makatoa/Kurtis Morrin

Ava Seumanufagai, Harrison Edwards and Jayden Tanner are washed. Only losses heading into the 2023 season is Paul Vaughan and Jackson Topine.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reed Mahoney
Villiame Kikau
Tevita Pangai Junior
I dont know what game your watching If Max kings not in your starting pack next year.