Opinion Our club is not an attraction anymore

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, they have been baking and ' lathering'since nov 2019.
The pudding would be burnt by now...
Have they? Just because you can start your pudding at a certain window doesn’t make it optimal. Not every process is Masterchef or CSI Teddy - crammed into a 45min window for dramatic effect :-).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
IIRC, even when Des was here we couldn't attract talent.
That’s very true. Des always had players knocking him back. The agents I know said dealing with crusher was a fucking nightmare too.
He wouldn’t answer the phone and never returned calls. I guess it’s hard to talk on the phone with a mouthful of four n twenty

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are not old enough to remember the real bad times
Maybe not but in these times stuff like this in a professional organisation shouldn’t be happening. I’m not saying we should be premiers every year but hell Atleast be contenders for finals footy at the very least.
The club went through tough times back in the days to build and get bigger and stronger but yet we are in 2020 and sitting dead last with nothing to look forward to. Great management skills

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe we are lacking some key ingredients to make a good pudding, and have thrown out a few since nov and starting again.
Have they? Just because you can start your pudding at a certain window doesn’t make it optimal. Not every process is Masterchef or CSI Teddy - crammed into a 45min window for dramatic effect :-).

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s very true. Des always had players knocking him back. The agents I know said dealing with crusher was a fucking nightmare too.
He wouldn’t answer the phone and never returned calls. I guess it’s hard to talk on the phone with a mouthful of four n twenty
Crusher is the **** that's started this whole mess... lazy fat fuck. Des and he deserve a special place in a 3 way sandwich

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe we are lacking some key ingredients to make a good pudding, and have thrown out a few since nov and starting again.
The occasional egg will have two yolks. Doesn’t mean the carton is ruined...

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daily telegraph = dartboards
‘well actually it would be more concerning if their dartboards were full of bs as it means the club has been chasing no one . I think most in here would hope that the DT dartboard is somewhat correct as it means they are atleast trying , otherwise what the fark are they doing to improve the side.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
‘well actually it would be more concerning if their dartboards were full of bs as it means the club has been chasing no one . I think most in here would hope that the DT dartboard is somewhat correct as it means they are atleast trying , otherwise what the fark are they doing to improve the side.
There are literally hundreds of league players, every now and then you throw a dart and get the bulls eye. Other times they haven’t even had a clue we were signing someone ie CHN.

As I’ve maintained for years, we are always actively trying to recruit and when we announce a few great signings some people will look silly

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As I’ve maintained for years, we are always actively trying to recruit and when we announce a few great signings some people will look silly
Well I dont know if I speak for anyone else but, I look forward to and pray that I get to look really fuckin silly...At the moment, its The Bulldogs that look silly.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well I dont know if I speak for anyone else but, I look forward to and pray that I get to look really fuckin silly...At the moment, its The Bulldogs that look silly.
You won’t look silly Baz because you’re not one of the ones who is constantly negative and saying the club don’t even chase players. We have some very exciting signings coming up and I look forward to being back on top

A

Alexander the Great

Daily telegraph = dartboards
Not all the smoke is coming from the papers though. Some from board members, some from player mamagers and also smoke from players themselves.

Dont knock the telegraph mate. The board will get upset with you that your attacking them. After all they get most of the info from the club :kissingheart:

A

Alexander the Great

You won’t look silly Baz because you’re not one of the ones who is constantly negative and saying the club don’t even chase players. We have some very exciting signings coming up and I look forward to being back on top

Your a clown mate. Pretty funny stuff. Next time i have a birthday party ill hire you and Elliot for a show.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not all the smoke is coming from the papers though. Some from board members, some from player mamagers and also smoke from players themselves.

Dont knock the telegraph mate. The board will get upset with you that your attacking them. After all they get most of the info from the club :kissingheart:
That’s not true mate. The telegraph hate us even more since the mad Monday incident and we don’t tell them shit. Maybe all the local hangers on need to zip their lips

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Your a clown mate. Pretty funny stuff. Next time i have a birthday party ill hire you and Elliot for a show.
Says the idiot with the Cronulla riots organiser as his avatar. Grow up

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope you're right otherwise the next few seasons will be as painful as the last three.