Opinion Our club is not an attraction anymore

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it’s sad to say this but, players don’t seem to see our club as an attraction anymore, it’s gonna be a mission to sign some good players trying to get out of this rebuild. And having pay as coach it’s not going to attract top quality players.

Last edited:

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not looking good when we are trying to rebuild
That’s the point right? No one wants to come in to do the hard work, everyone wants to wait at the finish line.

Just means we have to pay overs.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our club has never been good at attracting players. It’s easy to get invested in all the rumours and paper talk but we never really know what’s going on behind the scenes. If players don’t want to come here so be it I’d rather that then over pay for players. Lichha isn’t being offered another year he won’t be at the club next year.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s the point right? No one wants to come in to do the hard work, everyone wants to wait at the finish line.

Just means we have to pay overs.
Yh but apparently we ain’t paying any overs for anyone

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have to over pay. Whoever tells you otherwise is delusional. Unless we want rejects or players that are looking for an opportunity, where also no club in a better situation then us wants.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have to over pay. Whoever tells you otherwise is delusional. Unless we want rejects (that we have to hope that no other club wants) or players that are looking for an opportunity (that also no other club wants).
Andersons don’t want to over pay haven’t you heard

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Andersons don’t want to over pay haven’t you heard
They will have to. As soon as November hits they have to change their mindset towards that. Unless they want the same results post 2021.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Api chose Barrett ? I’m confused
Assistant coach. That isn't the real reason why. Panthers offered an extra 100k (apparently) and they're a more successful club then us atm.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have to over pay. Whoever tells you otherwise is delusional. Unless we want rejects or players that are looking for an opportunity, where also no club in a better situation then us wants.
Exactly ..... Money talks (or in the case of the NRL, money screams!)

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
it’s sad to say this but, players don’t seem to see our club as an attraction anymore, it’s gonna be a mission to sign some good players trying to get out of this rebuild. And having pay as coach it’s not going to attract top quality players, fucks sake Api chose Barrett over pay lmao
We went from signing api, Ramien, Herman to nothing, but hey we’re gonna keep lichaa for another year apparently, I don’t know anymore
Fuck paying overs for players.the current board are on the right track.get players who want to come here for the right reasons not just for the $$$. I would look at super league and see what players are running around.look at Hodgson he is awesome.has to be more over there wanting a crack in the nrl.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
it’s sad to say this but, players don’t seem to see our club as an attraction anymore, it’s gonna be a mission to sign some good players trying to get out of this rebuild. And having pay as coach it’s not going to attract top quality players, fucks sake Api chose Barrett over pay lmao
We went from signing api, Ramien, Herman to nothing, but hey we’re gonna keep lichaa for another year apparently, I don’t know anymore
I don't think you can necessarily say that Api liked Barrett over Pay.

I'm sure there are many details which we don't know about both in api's mind and in the contract...

I say Pay has done a good job on recruitment thus far.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Indeed lol, until we start wining an we are on top An successful again it’s going to be a long road.!!! SBW will help that cause if it happens.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thank goodness some of you aren’t managing the cap. Paying overs for average players is the quickest way to ruin your cap.
We have to pay overs for some players, especially the 1st better players we bring to the club. There is no attraction to come play for our club if you're a decent player (Koroisau, Ramien, more will come). We just have to make sure we're paying overs for the right players. If you use DWZ as an e.g. I'm sorry, but he was a reject player and we were the only club offering to play him Fullback (I don't know how much he's on, but it's probably a good amount). Yes, he's been good for us, but we ain't going to find many if any more players in that situation.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Really....but so many posters here want to fuck off three quarters of the squad by the end of next season?