Okunbor Must Go

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
probably at most fault today for our loss. A lot of other reasons why tho.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor is depth and we need players like him. I can’t see him being picked round one next year but I’m the backline we have he is a handy replacement.

Settle, he will carve up in reggies.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all honesty though, not saying Manu would have made a difference, and he is vastly undersized. But boy does he play with passion. Okunbor isn’t even going through the motions out there.

I haven’t criticised Barrett too much this year. But I think he has got this one wrong. Okunbor looks like he needs a few games in reserve grade to get some match fitness and form under his belt. I wonder if we can loan him out to a Queensland cup team for a few weeks Just to blow some rust off.
I don't understand how Flannagen was taken off & dropped in the middle of a game yet Okunbor cost us the game today but TBas left him on the field and will probably select him again next week.
He should have got man of the match for the Sharks.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Katoa needs to start next week and okunbor needs to play reserves next year get some match fitness and confidence back. Napa can go with dory back and avo can play centre in place of hoppa. Something needs to change next week or Titans will slap 50 on us next week

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd think after almost a year without footy you'd be eager to get out there and rip in, but nope, that only happens at other clubs. We just get pussies too scared to take a hit up and try to be as invisible as possible
kinda reminds you of the kid that played juniour footy. was only out there because his parents made him play.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Problem with rugby league these days is they see a guy like Okunbor and keep waiting and waiting for him to become a decent footballer based on nothing more than his build even though he brings absolutely no strength or power with that build whilst we see a guy like Morgan Harper who is probably just as strong, just as fast and 10x better fundamentals but gets discarded at the first opportunity because he's not built like Tarzan

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made some bad decisions off the field now he can't make a good one on the field either. If Johnson had stayed on the field thwy would have scored 80, 70 of them through Knockonbur.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Made some bad decisions off the field now he can't make a good one on the field either. If Johnson had stayed on the field thwy would have scored 80, 70 of them through Knockonbur.
It is an absolute disgrace that he’s been gifted a 2 year extension when you consider how woeful he’s been both on and off the field.

FattyMcLarge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
actually agree Schoupp hardly copping anything yet the comeback guy is a fall guy getting fucking slayed..will admit its not looking good today though they need work in D clearly
I'm loosing faith in him. Really poor decisions made him look out of his depth. His hands haven't improved. Buckles under pressure. I thought it was a something he would grow out of. But here we are 2 years later....

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is not a winger and hardly played their in his juniors. In saying that though the defence was caught out short on both sides
of the field. If Okunbour doesn’t come in they slice inside of him anyway. Not saying he isn’t to blame ,but their are blokes inside of him getting it totally wrong as well. Our defensive coach has a lot of work to do.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So scary in defence. He atleast used to have his big hit ups but now he gets driven back every time.
He got driven back by Brailey who's heaps smaller than him. He gets rag-dolled like he's Meaney. Bad hands, bad reads in defence. He's not ready for first grade again yet.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okenbor was simply terrible today. Cronulla worked that out fast and went there often for results. He couldn't catch for shit and his runs out of our 25 were close to an under 12 effort. He was caught flat footed & static continuously throughout the game like he took a large hit of cocaine before he ran on & thought he was fucking Bob Marley versus a 1st grade footballer.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With no reserve grade I was surprised he was rushed straight back in. He looks badly underdone. I’d put Katoa back in. Thought he was going ok and has be re-signed so has a future at the club

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand how Flannagen was taken off & dropped in the middle of a game yet Okunbor cost us the game today but TBas left him on the field and will probably select him again next week.
He should have got man of the match for the Sharks.
Cause taking a winger off would of screwed our whole structure. Not like we had a winger on the bench.