Official Signings thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
Go_The_Doggies said:
I dont want villa the gorilla here lol..he hasnt been that good for a couple of years!!
Ironically, the last time he was good was when the Warriors were good. So obviously you'd think, going by this, that his performances will increase when in form.

Besides, he'd come relatively cheap, especially for a bloke with international experience.

I hope we sign him. I really do.

Cowboy_05

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pup_Ingham said:
Just wondering, if we keeping either asotasi or nate.. will we be able to buy someone this year. cause millard is a propect i would love him in the blue and white
Shut up about bloody Millard. He's going to the Cowboys Danny Wiedler told me.

Cowboy_05

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
S.B.W_Jnr said:
read through the sunday telegraph in the sports section it has all the players off contract in each club and which player the clubs want.

Bulldogs:
OFF CONTRACT
Roys Asotasi (clubs that want him: Roosters & Souths)
Tony Grimaldi
Nate Myles (clubs that want him: Broncos, Raiders, Titans, Storms, Cowboys, Souths, Dragons, Roosters)

Trent Cutler
Dallas Mcllwain
Daniel Conn (clubs that want him: Broncos & Souths)
Brad Morrin (clubs that want him: Tigers)
Ben Czislowski

WHO THEY WANT:
Richard Villasanti
Darryl Millard
Do you have the rest matey?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dogs wont pay that much 4 Myles, we got many classy 2nd rowers SBW, Mason, Bobcat.. Just hopw we can afford to keep Roy even if Myles goes... and that keeping roy DOESNT mean letting Shrek go

Cowboy_05

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Villa would be an excellent buy. It wasn't long enough he was crunching the likes of Webcke and his form was good enough to play for Australia. He wasn't playing bad footy either last year. Had a knack of finding the line. Good replacement for Aso.

M

Mickboon

Cowboy_05 said:
Shut up about bloody Millard. He's going to the Cowboys Danny Wiedler told me.
Not a cgance champion. He is a dog for sure. We will make him into another rep centre.

P.S. You check out that other place?

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
i would want to keep roy and nate if possible
but roy over myles
for villa the gorilla - i wouldnt mind if he comes to the bulldogs to play PL

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aslong as Czislowski doesn't get resigned, i wont mind to much if the Dogs lose Roy. If they sign him and lose Roy, all i can say is. Noad to be stripped as Ceo of the dogs. Mason for Ceo

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
vietorious said:
i would want to keep roy and nate if possible
but roy over myles
for villa the gorilla - i wouldnt mind if he comes to the bulldogs to play PL
if villa comes to bulldogs he wont play PL i can tell you from now he will be at his best and he will be on the bench and bulldogs will have the best bench in the comp
thats if they sign him... bulldogs are goin to loose Asotasi or myles one of them

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
lol why does everyone hate czislowski
a player that misses 5 tackles per set of six
and gains 5 m in attack before getting pushed back 10m

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
vietorious said:
lol why does everyone hate czislowski
a player that misses 5 tackles per set of six
and gains 5 m in attack before getting pushed back 10m
lol thats why we hate the way he plays his just crap sending him back where they found him.

masters

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we buy Villasanti i think that the deal should be a 50 000 credits on any poker machine of his choice a year for 5 years.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
masters said:
If we buy Villasanti i think that the deal should be a 50 000 credits on any poker machine of his choice a year for 5 years.

lol! nice.

That's such a Rooster's brown paper bag option. I think Anasta just walks up to the pay out counter at Rorters leagues and accepts a jackpot a day.

What salary cap?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess he stole the hearts of Bulldogs management.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mickboon said:
Not a cgance champion. He is a dog for sure. We will make him into another rep centre.

P.S. You check out that other place?
**** i hate it when people come out and say we'll turn every reject from another club into a rep player.

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
Stevie J said:
If we get Nate or Roy then Millard would be the best we can hope to pick up from what I can see. The money is being eaten up through Mason, SBW and sherwin's contract which increases with each year that passes.

We then on top of that have internationals in Willie T, Andrew Ryan and have made a contract extension on Chris Armit and also signed Reni and Luke Patten.

If we sign either of Roy or Nate...that in itself will be a miracle IMO. I'm sorta expecting not to keep either.

lmfao at your sig pic!

I know realistically, we can't really keep both unless they are willing to play for less than they're worth, but, I will be really disappointed when it's official that one or both are going. Sherwin has his good games, but I don't think he's worth what he's on... 400K is WAY too much for SBW imo. I know no-one wanted to lose him, I wanted him to stay too, but I think it was silly to sign someone who had only played a handful of first grade games (due to injury or any other reason) on so much money. Sure he has a lot of talent and potential, but I don't think the experience is there, not to mention the fact that he spent most of last season (and time in previous seasons too, even in the lower grades) on the sideline injured. He's just not worth that sort of money yet imo.

Honestly, with the way things went last season and so far this season, I keep Asotasi and Myles over SBW on 400K. 300K is more than sufficient for him at this stage imo, and give the extra money to Asotasi and Myles. Obviously this isn't possible, but it's what I would like to have happened.

On top of that, the cap still needs to be higher imo. I think sports people are payed to high even the top NRL players, but, compared to what people are payed in other sports or even other comps (ESL for example) NRL is practically nothing ... as I said, I think it's too much money, but that's the way it is. I think they should bring in some sort of loyalty program thingy; reward players that stay at clubs for certain periods of time instead of 'forcing' players to leave or take less money than they're worth because there isn't enough money there. Have this as payment outside the cap.

Or just raise the cap. Sure, it's there to keep all the clubs relatively even, and for that I like it, but reastically it's too low. And it's still not helping teams like Souths. I don't want to see it abolished, but imo it still needs to be higher. The NRL is a rich business. Surely, if a club can't really afford to have the cap raised the NRL can help out somewhere, even just by organising more sponsorships or something if they don't want to put out the money, at least until the club can get its 'feet on the ground' or something. I don't know... I love the sport but I think the NRL is one of the most 'disorganised' sporting organisations around.

rados

Waterboy
Reaction score
*Karlz* said:
lmfao at your sig pic!

I know realistically, we can't really keep both unless they are willing to play for less than they're worth, but, I will be really disappointed when it's official that one or both are going. Sherwin has his good games, but I don't think he's worth what he's on... 400K is WAY too much for SBW imo. I know no-one wanted to lose him, I wanted him to stay too, but I think it was silly to sign someone who had only played a handful of first grade games (due to injury or any other reason) on so much money. Sure he has a lot of talent and potential, but I don't think the experience is there, not to mention the fact that he spent most of last season (and time in previous seasons too, even in the lower grades) on the sideline injured. He's just not worth that sort of money yet imo.

Honestly, with the way things went last season and so far this season, I keep Asotasi and Myles over SBW on 400K. 300K is more than sufficient for him at this stage imo, and give the extra money to Asotasi and Myles. Obviously this isn't possible, but it's what I would like to have happened.

On top of that, the cap still needs to be higher imo. I think sports people are payed to high even the top NRL players, but, compared to what people are payed in other sports or even other comps (ESL for example) NRL is practically nothing ... as I said, I think it's too much money, but that's the way it is. I think they should bring in some sort of loyalty program thingy; reward players that stay at clubs for certain periods of time instead of 'forcing' players to leave or take less money than they're worth because there isn't enough money there. Have this as payment outside the cap.

Or just raise the cap. Sure, it's there to keep all the clubs relatively even, and for that I like it, but reastically it's too low. And it's still not helping teams like Souths. I don't want to see it abolished, but imo it still needs to be higher. The NRL is a rich business. Surely, if a club can't really afford to have the cap raised the NRL can help out somewhere, even just by organising more sponsorships or something if they don't want to put out the money, at least until the club can get its 'feet on the ground' or something. I don't know... I love the sport but I think the NRL is one of the most 'disorganised' sporting organisations around.

agree with those comments but that is the problem it has been well known over the years that Rugby Union and AFL have always had the bigger end of town on their side, and hence the bigger deals with endorsements and so forth. No matter how popular it is on TV in NSW and QLD it struggles to pull in corporate deals the same way they do in AFL and Rugby Union. The clubs are always saying (even the more well off) they could do with more sponsorship deals and most rely on the Leagues club to put in a couple of million dolaars or so a year to help balance it up.
Comparing it the overseas competitions it is not really relevant as teh competitions are bigger with greater populations viewing them so organisations will naturally pay more to get that exposure.

I do totally agree though on that better concessions need to made for long serving players or for players that have come through the junior development of the club.

M

Mickboon

mitchusonfire said:
**** i hate it when people come out and say we'll turn every reject from another club into a rep player.
Number 1. Darryl Millard is no reject. The Dragons would love to keep him but can't afford to.

2 who has been saying that Bulldogs turn rejects from other clubs into top players. Personally I have not.

3. If you can't see the guy is a superstar in the making your blind. The Dogs need centres and he is one of the best on the market.

4. You are a tool

Status
Not open for further replies.