Off-contract Storm forward Dale Finucane meets with two rivals

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lol at all the people saying no to Finucane he's as tough as nails something we really lack. I got a better idea lets sign another reserve grader like Stimpson, Britt or Wardell.
Signing finucane for 3-4 years while he’s injury proned at 30 isn’t the answer!

He’s a lock. We don’t need that. Jackson already is stuck there and should be replaced by topine already.

Trash signings like Napa Waddell and britt doesn’t make it any better.

We need to get a 9 (b Smith) sorted ASAP. If that means rfm or Elliott or even Jackson go then so fucking be it.

We should retain atoni if reasonable $.

Thompson b Smith start. Rest of pack is figured out by replacing whoever goes in trade for b Smith (I’d throw their money at matterson for an edge) if Jacko here hes lock.

Probably put atoni on an edge.

Try land a quality prop (if true manly have said Taupau can go due to cap pressure then get him) probably get them chipping in as they are under the pump hence the dce rumours and now Taupau being told.

That gives us a pack of Thompson b Smith Taupau atoni matterson jacko.

Bench rounds out with topine, hetho and whoever is left out of rfm/Elliott from smith trade.

I’d then hope we could land a bunny afoa type player. Before people go to we add b Smith, Taupau, matterson and maybe a bunty type.

We would be losing rfm/Jackson/Elliott, c Smith, meaney, britt, Ogden, Napa, hoppa, jmk, Lewis, Katoa x 2 and I Hope we somehow fuck waddel and Stimson off. If not I’d keep Ava for another 12 months.

If not it’s surely enough to make work. We already released remis this year so we had room for burton and tried this year. We tried for Jac this year too. Yes we obviously gotta replace them though not all need to be big $. Some fucking do! Also paying ***** like Napa and hoppa 600k+ isn’t smart.

Not one of our recruits is at that? I think if we got smith he’s the only one on 700k-800k ffs. Burton meant to be 400kisk. Jac 500kish. We had that $ now. We lost Foran and tolman ffs. They alone cover more than our recruits this year

1. Dwz
2. Jac
3. Naden
4. Alllan
5. Cotric
6. Flanagan/wakeham
7. Burton

8. Thompson
9. B Smith
10. Taupau
11. Atoni
12. Matterson
13. Jacko

14. Topine
15. Hetho
16. Rfm/Elliott (whoever is left)
17. Ava/cheap impact like Bunty if possible.

By time next year rolls about Dwz is off books. Jacko probably done.

Can replace with astute signings as good $ or upgrade what we have plus hopefully the young centre beast (name escapes me) is ready to!

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: just waiting on cooling off period and Rudolph is a dogs and trying to work out replacement for Brandon smith...... I’d give them Ogden , Katoa and Stimson and just in Waddell
There is no cooling off period any more.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dale would have been ideal 3 years ago.

We still have too many toilers...and similar style players in our roster to fit him in.

We need hard running, metre eaters.

Dale does not provide that go forwsrd anymore even tho his leadership qualities would be ideal.

If he isn't considered a frontrower then we can't utilise him for the strengthening of the roster we need.

He isn't a running offloading edge player either.

We'd need to get rid of a few already contracted to fit him in. If they do that, and the price is right for a 30 y.o. then it would be great to see Dale back in blue and white.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol at all the people saying no to Finucane he's as tough as nails something we really lack. I got a better idea lets sign another reserve grader like Stimpson, Britt or Wardell.
There isn’t much talent in the market and we can’t keep buying young players or fringe first graders hoping to be competitive. An old head for2-3 years would be good for our team. I rather Fincuane than Rudolph.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too pricey wont he be? and yes we have some hmm battling backrowers as is and a small queue for lock already, i'd like Atoni or Topine to play there and they aren't fringe players?, then there is Jacko.....

Depends on price/how many years contract and if we can shift at least one but preferably two backrowers.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Too pricey wont he be? and yes we have some hmm battling backrowers as is and a small queue for lock already, i'd like Atoni or Topine to play there and they aren't fringe players?, then there is Jacko.....

Depends on price/how many years contract and if we can shift at least one but preferably two backrowers.
he takes napas spot, be a great buy for 2 years. Brings winning culture and a hard head to the club. Finishes where he started.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
he takes napas spot, be a great buy for 2 years. Brings winning culture and a hard head to the club. Finishes where he started.
I think I'd prefer Jbrom, gives us a different body style.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Signing finucane for 3-4 years while he’s injury proned at 30 isn’t the answer!

He’s a lock. We don’t need that. Jackson already is stuck there and should be replaced by topine already.

Trash signings like Napa Waddell and britt doesn’t make it any better.

We need to get a 9 (b Smith) sorted ASAP. If that means rfm or Elliott or even Jackson go then so fucking be it.

We should retain atoni if reasonable $.

Thompson b Smith start. Rest of pack is figured out by replacing whoever goes in trade for b Smith (I’d throw their money at matterson for an edge) if Jacko here hes lock.

Probably put atoni on an edge.

Try land a quality prop (if true manly have said Taupau can go due to cap pressure then get him) probably get them chipping in as they are under the pump hence the dce rumours and now Taupau being told.

That gives us a pack of Thompson b Smith Taupau atoni matterson jacko.

Bench rounds out with topine, hetho and whoever is left out of rfm/Elliott from smith trade.

I’d then hope we could land a bunny afoa type player. Before people go to we add b Smith, Taupau, matterson and maybe a bunty type.

We would be losing rfm/Jackson/Elliott, c Smith, meaney, britt, Ogden, Napa, hoppa, jmk, Lewis, Katoa x 2 and I Hope we somehow fuck waddel and Stimson off. If not I’d keep Ava for another 12 months.

If not it’s surely enough to make work. We already released remis this year so we had room for burton and tried this year. We tried for Jac this year too. Yes we obviously gotta replace them though not all need to be big $. Some fucking do! Also paying ***** like Napa and hoppa 600k+ isn’t smart.

Not one of our recruits is at that? I think if we got smith he’s the only one on 700k-800k ffs. Burton meant to be 400kisk. Jac 500kish. We had that $ now. We lost Foran and tolman ffs. They alone cover more than our recruits this year

1. Dwz
2. Jac
3. Naden
4. Alllan
5. Cotric
6. Flanagan/wakeham
7. Burton

8. Thompson
9. B Smith
10. Taupau
11. Atoni
12. Matterson
13. Jacko

14. Topine
15. Hetho
16. Rfm/Elliott (whoever is left)
17. Ava/cheap impact like Bunty if possible.

By time next year rolls about Dwz is off books. Jacko probably done.

Can replace with astute signings as good $ or upgrade what we have plus hopefully the young centre beast (name escapes me) is ready to!
B Smith is sorted. He ain’t coming

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
YES. At the right price for 2 years Max. You need are hard-working toilers who gives 100% effort for every 2-3 forwards. They not only give the right attitude to follow, but can take up some of the load of the star forwards. Plus Dale running meters are not too bad. Right now, perhaps with the exception of JJ, we don't have a Finucane type in team that can handle the tough periods in a game.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
big old step backwards
Can definitely see what you are saying but we seriously lack a winning culture at the moment and he has been at the best club in Australia for 7 years.

Manly credit Ben Kennedy for turning their club around but it was more off the field than on it. Whether Dale can be that player I am not sure but we need someone like him.

All depends on price. But I think we need him or someone like him

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
B Smith is sorted. He ain’t coming
Why do you say this? The only quotes on the matter are that he does infact want a release to play 9 and Bellamy will allow if he gets a player he wants back.

That he’s been spotted with baz.

The in the know blokes here Havent said anything like it’s not happening either?

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Storm lock Dale Finucane is understood to be weighing up his options for 2022, reportedly meeting with two rival clubs as Melbourne battle with a straining salary cap situation.

As reported by NRL.com’s Dan Walsh, the 29-year-old has fielded interest from two sides while the Cowboys, Tigers and Bulldogs have the NSW forward in their sights.

ADVERTISEMENT

Finucane’s priority is to remain in Victoria and play out his career in purple, however desires of a three to four-year extension may not match the Storm’s available offers when both parties meet at the negotiation table.

The Storm co-captain has played 137 matches under Craig Bellamy since arriving from Belmore ahead of the 2015 season and has featured at Origin level on four occasions in the past two years.

Finucane remains as one of several key re-signings for the Storm, with Nicho Hynes and Brenko Lee also off-contract, while hooker Brandon Smith has been heavily linked to a move north.

Melbourne will already face a major hit to begin the 2022 season, with star winger Josh Addo-Carr departing for Canterbury at the end of this season.

The club have looked to combat the Origin flyer’s departure, with Broncos young gun Xavier Coates on the Storm’s radar.
Another example of a player who was average with the dogs (maybe slightly above average) and just goes to another level at the Storm.

He was a solid player, far from setting the world on fire.

And we want to get him back when he is borderline past his best at the club he is playing out of his skin for?

I’d pass, he will end up playing like a busted at the dogs.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't offer anymore than a 2 year deal at 400k max, he's still a quality player but he's also on the decline. We made a big mistake when we signed jackson and hoppa to big money long term contracts when they were on the decline, I'm hoping we've learned our lesson and realised it's does more damage than good.
We should focus more time into developing topine and doorey, they remind me a lot of a young jackson and finucane when they came onto the scene together.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we're in for a chance can't see him coming for less than 3-4 years. The money would also have to be in the 500-600k range (and that's possibly the lower end, the teams interested in him, e.g. bottom teams, are going to push his price up). He's currently on 500k at the Storm who are a top team. He wants one last big contract before retiring.