1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Opinion Obviously winning wont change "hypocrites"

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Mike Z, Jul 13, 2019.

1. kaluah8123

kaluah8123 Forum Regular

I have and it is worse now then when he took over. We have not improved in any area of the game. We have no direction in attack.

I will give him credit for getting rid of Woods and Mbye and nothing else.

2. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo Kennel Enthusiast Gilded

I don’t see that’s it worse, for example we have won 25% more games this year than last year. With a team that doesn’t have Klemmer or the Mozzies, I’d say that’s a fair effort.

Go Dogs

• Like Like x 1
  3. Phalangist

Phalangist Kennel Enthusiast

It hasn’t improved because the roster hasn’t improved

4. bullanth

bullanth Forum Regular

Fwiw,pay should go with him.

5. kaluah8123

kaluah8123 Forum Regular

We are in a development stage but what is you can see him developing?
    I’m happy to eat my words but Pay is not the right coach to steer this ship to any form of glory. He is more mediocre then our top 30.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bluewhiteangel

Bluewhiteangel Kennel Enthusiast

You again :tonguewink:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Immortal

We've gone backwards not forwards. It's not the players as there is plenty of ability and talent in our roster. It's a young roster. But the problem is Pay isn't the coach to get the best out of new players. We need a new coach experienced in rebuilds, and who isn't afraid to make tough calls and not play favourites.

People need to stop blaming the old regime and lineup, and open their eyes.

Only the extremely gullible and desperate bought the lie hook, line and sinker about a rebuild, yadda yadda it will take time. It's an excuse that's been trotted out far too long yet the decided to extend a rookie coach out of his depth. The board need to fall on their sword and correct the error they made by getting us an actual coach, not a pretend one in Pay.

• Like Like x 4
    • Best Post Best Post x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. haz123

haz123 dogs for eva

When did Nab Fab hijack your account Mr I ? :tonguewink:

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Juicydog

Juicydog Forum Regular

Na bud its the old regime.

You can yadda yadda all you like, as you always do.

This current mob is here to stay to fix up this mess and hopefully move us forward.

You're fat fucker mate Dib had over 10 years at the club and we won sweet fuck all under him.

Yadda yadda yadda yadda

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Phalangist

Phalangist Kennel Enthusiast

You might be right but you could be wrong

He has such a crap roster to work with

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. dogwhisperer

dogwhisperer Kennel Enthusiast

I’m not taking sides but there was good and bad about both regimes. They are all the same mate. They are all about themselves. The biggest gripe I had with the old board was letting Des dictate everything. They should of reeled him in but we ended up like a big car crash, especially with the salary cap. The appointment of Castle was a big stuff up as well. The old board killed us. This current board isn’t perfect either, a lot of bullshit going on behind the scenes. They have done some good things and have put us in the box seat for a 2021 assault, but I think they are very amateurish and self interested. Can’t trust nobody. We need professionals who are very smart and business minded on the board that put the club first before themselves with good corporate governance, ethics, integrity and who are powerfully connected to the world of business in sport. We’re a big club, we need big hitters on the board!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  12. TwinTurbo

Please let us know what exactly the Board has done that is so bad. What I have seen is that they have made the tough/hard and unpopular with some decisions regarding the playing roster, in what was out of necessity a very compressed time frame. They have removed the underperforming back room staff. They have been involved with some smart recruiting that has given us some quality players at bargain prices (eg: CHN, DWZ, Cogger etc) for this year. They appointed the best candidate available as coach. They removed the doubt over next years coach which facilitated the recruitments (eg: DWZ, Stimson). They have the confidence of the leagues club that in turn gives us unmatched financial support.

So exactly what have they done that is “amateurish”? Similarly I’m having trouble identifying anything done in their “self interest”, please feel free to help me out with them?

Go Dogs

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Immortal

Pretty sure none of the previous directors businesses went bust, into administration, and got liquidated for starters.

Oh wait... none of you knew that because its largely been kept out of the news? Oops!!

and that's just the start.

• Best Post Best Post x 3
  14. Scoooby

Scoooby Kennel Addict Premium Member Gilded

And it’s your knowledge I like Mr I, it’s not rocket science that’s something’s not right is it?

we in bad shape for some reason, unknown or not it’s plain too see...!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 086

086 Forum Regular

Development stage?
    FFS, we've won NOTHING in the last 15 years!
    How long is this theorised development stage going to last for?

16. dogwhisperer

Do you actually think I'm stupid enough to post what you want to know on a public forum?
    I don't blame you for thinking otherwise. Just enjoy your footy and keep out of the stuff you don't know.

Go Flogs!

17. dogwhisperer

Don't bother Mr I, some members on here don't know what you know. If only they knew, they'd understand.

18. TwinTurbo

No problem, any PM's to me stay private.

Go Dogs

19. TwinTurbo

I know that James Marroun was a former bankrupt (reference ASIC reporting) and was suspended from being involved in junior rugby league.
    Elias Boutros is banned for life from being a motor dealer after getting caught winding back car speedos (reference Office of Fair Trading).
    George and Arthur Coorey are known buddies of Eddie Obeid (reference 2002 ICAC enquiry) .
    There is another but I haven't been able to confirm the source, so that will have to wait.

Go Dogs

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ribo Flavin

Ribo Flavin Participant

With one of the largest fan bases, supposedly richest leagues clubs. It has been a great couple of wins by the boys, but with those two elements we should not be in the position of cellar dwellers. You can hardly blame supporters for being pi$$ed off.