Nurses

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
the professors I am talking about are the academics sitting on their a*+#s in cushy universities who are as unproductive as f*+# but for some unknown reason have an inflated opinion of their value
Oh Yeah I get you. You're not wrong...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck i still remember Victor Chang do any of you guys? :upset:
There's still the ferry going round with his name on it it which is nice, I work on 2 cardiologists houses who are highly respected in their field and very nice people, on occasions they have mentioned Victor with a huge deal of respect and admiration

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested there is a show called Nurses on channel 7 now. It's about St Vincent's heart ward.

All the places they show is my second home for the last 9 years.

Those nurses are angels.
Which ones sponged bath you?

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The real heroes. Hopefully a nice big pay rise is coming and good to see some bosses giving their employees more time off to freshen up.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
The Wifey is an RN can confirm they have a rough trot just become a nurse.

-$30,000 university fee's
-2-4 week blocks away from home for 800hrs unpaid work placements hundreds of km from home with mostly no available accommodation. Smartly she had 400hrs of leave saved up to pay for some of this
-paying up to $50 a day for parking to goto work
-leaving for work up to an hr early to find adequate parking
-Gladys pay rise freeze of 2.5% last year will end up accumulating to $40,000 over 20 years
-yearly nurse registration, gutless union fees, police and working with childrens check is pushing towards an annual 1k

All to put up with some of the highest rates of physical and verbal abuse, sexual harassment, bullying and intimidation from some patients and their family. Why!? Because she cares to give people a better quality of life when they are at there worst.

She is a better person than me. Would only take one episode of some filthy junkie to start spitting in anyones direction and I would definately be getting the sack lol

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

-2-4 week blocks away from home for 800hrs unpaid work placements hundreds of km from home with mostly no available accommodation. Smartly she had 400hrs of leave saved up to pay for some of this
-Gladys pay rise freeze of 2.5% last year will end up accumulating to $40,000 over 20 years
-yearly nurse registration, gutless union fees, police and working with childrens check is pushing towards an annual 1k

All to put up with some of the highest rates of physical and verbal abuse, sexual harassment, bullying and intimidation from some patients and their family. Why!? Because she cares to give people a better quality of life when they are there worst.

She is a better person than me. Would only take one episode of some filthy junkie to start spitting in anyones direction and I would definately be getting the sack lol
Covid has made us realise the vital work they do even more so.

Angels.

Most of the public appreciate them more and more and realise they hold the health system together. I hope they realise the general public hold them in such high regard, but it's always the rude, nasty people who can bring you down when feeling tired, or emotional and used up by pollies. They are very dedicated care givers.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested there is a show called Nurses on channel 7 now. It's about St Vincent's heart ward.

All the places they show is my second home for the last 9 years.

Those nurses are angels.
They sure are. What a hard job they have, yet they are always comforting and caring.

Good to know you have a heart. Stay well.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

All to put up with some of the highest rates of physical and verbal abuse, sexual harassment, bullying and intimidation from some patients and their family. Why!? Because she cares to give people a better quality of life when they are there worst.

Had a mate who worked at St.Vincents; and he told me many stories of characters like the one in your final paragraph - even urinating in the foyer just for attention because they wouldn't wait their turn. Then they abuse the ones trying to help them. Pay is totally inadequate; it's a disgrace.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Covid has made us realise the vital work they do even more so.

Angels.

Most of the public appreciate them more and more and realise they hold the health system together. I hope they realise the general public hold them in such high regard, but it's always the rude, nasty people who can bring you down when feeling tired, or emotional and used up by pollies. They are very dedicated care givers.
Unfortunately she has experienced some abuse, weird looks and people giving a wide birth when she sometimes stops by the shops on her trip home, Which is abhorrent.
" are you allowed to goto the shops in that uniform"
"Have you been exposed"
Type of comments probably from the same type of people who give there arse a deep scratch and a sniff before returning to work in hostpitality industry without sanitizing there hands.

People are *****. She does 2-4 double shifts a fortnight to help out with thd understaffing and travels 30 mins each way to work. Leaves an hr early to get a park. Yeah she is really going to go home have a shower, change clothes to go back to the shops for necessities after a 16 hr shift plus travel

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Had a mate who worked at St.Vincents; and he told me many stories of characters like the one in your final paragraph - even urinating in the foyer just for attention because they wouldn't wait their turn. Then they abuse the ones trying to help them. Pay is totally inadequate; it's a disgrace.
Yeh mate they deal with alot of people on their worst behaviour with inadequate security.
Their caring nature and de-escalating skills get them through some tough times but I worry alot.

She has been punched, spat on, threatened with needles and bodily fluids by patients with hiv and hepatitis.
Some of the repeat offenders should honedtly be muzzled and locked into a straight jacket

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unfortunately she has experienced some abuse, weird looks and people giving a wide birth when she sometimes stops by the shops on her trip home, Which is abhorrent.
" are you allowed to goto the shops in that uniform"
"Have you been exposed"
Type of comments probably from the same type of people who give there arse a deep scratch and a sniff before returning to work in hostpitality industry without sanitizing there hands.

People are *****. She does 2-4 double shifts a fortnight to help out with thd understaffing and travels 30 mins each way to work. Leaves an hr early to get a park. Yeah she is really going to go home have a shower, change clothes to go back to the shops for necessities after a 16 hr shift plus travel
There should be free parking and other benefits to lighten the burden. These people are gonna get so burnt out :(

I reckon its the minority tho mate who are a-holes.
They're out there unfortunately.

Most know we rely on our nurses.

Watching ABC last night about ambos.
Working 18 hour days. Only a short break before next shift. Can't get meal breaks. In full PPE all day and have to wait with patients in the ambo for up to 6 hours queuing at hospitals to admit their patients. Sometimes are refused admittance and have to take them many kms further.

Nepean and Westmead refused new patients for 24 hours and they are using private hospitals now at times as they were overloaded. Westmead only relatively new and already stretched. Said there's no facilities they can use for a break or refresh.

Sounds worrisome as its only 1000 or so infections per day...what happens if it blows out further.