News NRL set to grill Bulldogs over Jeremy Marshall-King HIA controversy

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wouldnt of mattered if we bullshitted cause naden burns and patolo already failed there hias so schouup could have played regardless of the jmk hia
I actually thought the NRL was rather negligent in giving us no time to get Schoupp on when Naden went down. We had already lost Burns, Patolo by that stage and JMK went to sideline when Naden was exited on HIA. The protocol should have been to allow time for Schoupp to enter rather than force JMK back and playing out of position.

It nearly resulted in JMK injuring his shoulder and possibly his head. I think the NRL should just apologise to us and we can agree to dust this under the carpet....

Cowboys should be docked 2 future points for bullying pressure on the officials solely for their own benefit.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Payten just making excuses again.

He always looks like hes about to cry that bloke.
Not going to lie, I thought it was pretty obvious we bullshitted that one to get Shoupp on
Schoupp was allowed on as we lost Naden and Burns. JMK then went to centre for a moment, before the HIA/shoulder.

Regardless the reason Schoupp came on, only thing NRL might get us on, is using an HIA interchange instead of a regular one (which we had some left anyway).

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Payten just making excuses again.

He always looks like hes about to cry that bloke.

Schoupp was allowed on as we lost Naden and Burns. JMK then went to centre for a moment, before the HIA/shoulder.

Regardless the reason Schoupp came on, only thing NRL might get us on, is using an HIA interchange instead of a regular one (which we had some left anyway).
Pretty sure that all interchanges had been used.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't know, it's confusing to me what the rules where and what happened. We had used all our interchanges no? I thought we had? I did think that the 18th man should have been able to come on instead of JMK coming back on for Naden/ or was it Burns. I haven't watched the game back, but one thing I am sure the final JMK HIA was really obviously fake.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In defence of the Bulldogs trainer/doctor, we didnt take Burns off straight away from the try and it was Bunker intervention that forced him off.

The doc was then under more pressure than normal to take a more precautionary approach to HIA's and so he didnt take any chances with JMK....

Simples.

Thats how a QC would see it.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
The NRL are poised to request a ‘please explain’ from Canterbury officials over the removal of Jeremy Marshall-King from the field in the dying minutes of the club’s 6-4 win over the Cowboys last Sunday night.

Marshall-King was taken from the field for a HIA with nine-minutes remaining in the Bulldogs two-point victory.
This was despite the Canterbury hooker clutching at his shoulder for more than sixty-seconds prior to the Bulldogs orange shirt trainer tapping his head; the signal to the sideline that Marshall-King be taken off for a HIA.

Only moments before his omission, Marshall-King appears to injure his right shoulder in attempting a diving tackle on Cowboys backrower Jeremiah Nanai with just over 10-minutes remaining in the tight contest.

Fox Sports commentator Steve Roach pointed out the injury by stating during the call: “Marshall-King with a shoulder injury by the looks of it.’’
Head caller Brenton Speed added: “You can hear what the home fans think. They think it’s a bit of gamesmanship here to slow this down.’’
Co-commentator Shane Flanagan then said: “Now he’s undergoing a HIA test.’’
“I thought he was clutching his shoulder?”, Roach then quipped.

The NRL are set to ask for a detailed explanation from the Bulldogs as to the actual reason for Marshall-King’s exit from the game.
It comes in the wake of Cowboys coach Todd Payten venting his frustration over the mount of stoppages in the game.
“Whether that (amount of stoppages) was deliberate on a couple of occasions I’m unsure, but certainly the game stopped when we had momentum more than a couple of times,” Payten said post-match.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley wouldn’t comment on the Marshall-King incident.
However, Annesley did explain the process of club’s being summoned to explain why they are not in breach of NRL rules related to the interchange of players.

“We review any head injuries or claimed head injuries, we review them all internally,’’ Annesley said.
“And then we will often seek further information from clubs before we decide whether our rules have been breached or not.
“That process can take more than one day, so that review process is still being followed through.’’
Marshall-King has been named to start at hooker against the Broncos on Sunday night.

Simple. Look closely at the replay.

Trainer to the ref: "hey mate, he needs to go off for a HIA, just ask him what his goals are for the season."
Ref looking at JMK: "well?"
JMK to ref: "I'll be one of the best 5 hookers in the game."
Ref to trainer: "Yep, fckd in the head alright. HIA approved."

Truth.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t mind it at all. The NRL has the rules in place, so what if we gamed the system. They built a rod for their back in the Parra/ Panthers final. Now, if you’re injured, just claim a HIA to get the stoppage you want. It also didn’t impact getting Schoupp on as we had already met the criteria for the 18th man with Naden, Burns and Patolo all failing their HIAs already. I’m sure JMK/ us aren’t going to be the last team to do it. Like the Roosters being one of the first teams to use the “On report/ free interchange” loophole last season.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He could have had whiplash from the missed tackle, asked the hia questions and failed the protocols.difficult to prove otherwise.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well if a Dr 10km away can determine you're concussed, on field Trainer might have a better clue lol.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck off LOLLL .. this is all comical now. The NRL is a dead-set joke of an organisation. Every club has pushed the boundaries with the HIA rule and it’s interpretations but we are the first and only to get a “please explain”. Well more than like to be fined and hung out to dry but fuck off honestly, these ***** have ruined the greatest game of all.
Surely this is where Gus will work some of he’s magic

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely this is where Gus will work some of he’s magic
Gus didn't know anything about until told about it in a Twitter reply. Has said he would like to to be interviewed by the nrl about it cause he saw n heard everything that went on.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course it was a rort. Fuck em, everyone does it

Maybe if we didn’t cop an 8-2 penalty count at halftime plus a bullshit sin binning we wouldn’t have had to bend the rules in the second half because of fatigue.

Investigate that you farkwits