News NRL set to grill Bulldogs over Jeremy Marshall-King HIA controversy

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL are poised to request a ‘please explain’ from Canterbury officials over the removal of Jeremy Marshall-King from the field in the dying minutes of the club’s 6-4 win over the Cowboys last Sunday night.

Marshall-King was taken from the field for a HIA with nine-minutes remaining in the Bulldogs two-point victory.
This was despite the Canterbury hooker clutching at his shoulder for more than sixty-seconds prior to the Bulldogs orange shirt trainer tapping his head; the signal to the sideline that Marshall-King be taken off for a HIA.

Only moments before his omission, Marshall-King appears to injure his right shoulder in attempting a diving tackle on Cowboys backrower Jeremiah Nanai with just over 10-minutes remaining in the tight contest.

Fox Sports commentator Steve Roach pointed out the injury by stating during the call: “Marshall-King with a shoulder injury by the looks of it.’’
Head caller Brenton Speed added: “You can hear what the home fans think. They think it’s a bit of gamesmanship here to slow this down.’’
Co-commentator Shane Flanagan then said: “Now he’s undergoing a HIA test.’’
“I thought he was clutching his shoulder?”, Roach then quipped.

The NRL are set to ask for a detailed explanation from the Bulldogs as to the actual reason for Marshall-King’s exit from the game.
It comes in the wake of Cowboys coach Todd Payten venting his frustration over the mount of stoppages in the game.
“Whether that (amount of stoppages) was deliberate on a couple of occasions I’m unsure, but certainly the game stopped when we had momentum more than a couple of times,” Payten said post-match.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley wouldn’t comment on the Marshall-King incident.
However, Annesley did explain the process of club’s being summoned to explain why they are not in breach of NRL rules related to the interchange of players.

“We review any head injuries or claimed head injuries, we review them all internally,’’ Annesley said.
“And then we will often seek further information from clubs before we decide whether our rules have been breached or not.
“That process can take more than one day, so that review process is still being followed through.’’
Marshall-King has been named to start at hooker against the Broncos on Sunday night.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL are poised to request a ‘please explain’ from Canterbury officials over the removal of Jeremy Marshall-King from the field in the dying minutes of the club’s 6-4 win over the Cowboys last Sunday night.

Marshall-King was taken from the field for a HIA with nine-minutes remaining in the Bulldogs two-point victory.
This was despite the Canterbury hooker clutching at his shoulder for more than sixty-seconds prior to the Bulldogs orange shirt trainer tapping his head; the signal to the sideline that Marshall-King be taken off for a HIA.

Only moments before his omission, Marshall-King appears to injure his right shoulder in attempting a diving tackle on Cowboys backrower Jeremiah Nanai with just over 10-minutes remaining in the tight contest.

Fox Sports commentator Steve Roach pointed out the injury by stating during the call: “Marshall-King with a shoulder injury by the looks of it.’’
Head caller Brenton Speed added: “You can hear what the home fans think. They think it’s a bit of gamesmanship here to slow this down.’’
Co-commentator Shane Flanagan then said: “Now he’s undergoing a HIA test.’’
“I thought he was clutching his shoulder?”, Roach then quipped.

The NRL are set to ask for a detailed explanation from the Bulldogs as to the actual reason for Marshall-King’s exit from the game.
It comes in the wake of Cowboys coach Todd Payten venting his frustration over the mount of stoppages in the game.
“Whether that (amount of stoppages) was deliberate on a couple of occasions I’m unsure, but certainly the game stopped when we had momentum more than a couple of times,” Payten said post-match.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley wouldn’t comment on the Marshall-King incident.
However, Annesley did explain the process of club’s being summoned to explain why they are not in breach of NRL rules related to the interchange of players.

“We review any head injuries or claimed head injuries, we review them all internally,’’ Annesley said.
“And then we will often seek further information from clubs before we decide whether our rules have been breached or not.
“That process can take more than one day, so that review process is still being followed through.’’
Marshall-King has been named to start at hooker against the Broncos on Sunday night.

I hope JMK gets suspended for the year... bring on Cook.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck off LOLLL .. this is all comical now. The NRL is a dead-set joke of an organisation. Every club has pushed the boundaries with the HIA rule and it’s interpretations but we are the first and only to get a “please explain”. Well more than like to be fined and hung out to dry but fuck off honestly, these ***** have ruined the greatest game of all.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely the NRLOOOL , corrupt bunch of spineless wankers, and if they take to two points off is.. that will do me. Have enough of these agenda driven fucking morons out for our blood. Absolutely diabolical and absurd.!!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely the NRLOOOL , corrupt bunch of spineless wankers, and if they take to two points off is.. that will do me. Have enough of these agenda driven fucking morons out for our blood. Absolutely diabolical and absurd.!!
They won’t lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They won’t lol
That’s just my bitch an moan bro, and that’s the logical way of thinking , but I had to get it out , and never say they won’t. This once great game is dying before our eyes, anything is fucking possible when it comes to the hate for our club from all angles. !!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
JMK could have gotten whiplash when he hurt his shoulder - if he cant pass the on field HIA protocols he has to come off - do not know all the details of how it all works but as is often the case the Dogs are targeted

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably was just a sore shoulder, but it looked like he copped a boot aswell.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I did say when the uso Assassin posted his question In his thread

I want to win by hook or by crook!!!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because Jake's try was denied for a flat pass he spent the night brain hemorrhaging and was never the same again.
Probably needs a brain injury assessment, too late now fookers.