News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% actually. Had luai signing confirmation before it was even a media rumour. My faamasuli confirmation mail was also well before the club announcement
lol you still adamant Luai has signed with the dogs…you are so delusional and I can’t wait until u are made out to be a liar.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
100% actually. Had luai signing confirmation before it was even a media rumour. My faamasuli confirmation mail was also well before the club announcement
You were shit canning us that he is in the top 30… then Gus revealed his contract wasn’t a top one [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] clown

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He still thinks we signed lulu back in October FLMAO .
Notice how he doesn’t respond to what u said about him saying he signed back in Oct…..fukin bullshit artist who has been clearly exposed

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Provided nothing? Waddell made most of our metres this year and could have been retained cheap as chips. We let him go and got Faamausili instead, who has to be one of the worst props to play NRL…. Great fucking recruitment.

As much as he was a lazy bastard, TPJ still provided impact at times throughout the years and we’ve got no one to replace that.

Thompson is due for a big year. Wouldn’t have thrown ridiculous money at him, but he’s better than what we currently have. Should have at least tried to re-sign him for a reduced salary. Tell him he’s got a year to show he has a future with us. A lot better than letting him walk and signing NOONE.

it’s not rocket science, even a dumbass like you should be able to see if you let a bunch of forwards go and sign half as many - all of them mediocre, your pack is going to be weaker.

We cleared the decks to sign Faamausili, a lock the Warriors weren’t willing to keep under any circumstances and an over the hill rooster whose deal fell through because he couldn’t pass a fitness test.

There’s no way around it. We need props and if we’re going to sign good ones we’re going to have to pay overs. Beats the shit out of throwing overs at players we don’t need and buying every utility on tHe market.

Pitiful recruitment and retention from a directionless basket case of a club.
**** did you hear Waddell talk to the media , did I sound like he wanted to be here. Shut the fuck up drop kick

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Provided nothing? Waddell made most of our metres this year and could have been retained cheap as chips. We let him go and got Faamausili instead, who has to be one of the worst props to play NRL…. Great fucking recruitment.

As much as he was a lazy bastard, TPJ still provided impact at times throughout the years and we’ve got no one to replace that.

Thompson is due for a big year. Wouldn’t have thrown ridiculous money at him, but he’s better than what we currently have. Should have at least tried to re-sign him for a reduced salary. Tell him he’s got a year to show he has a future with us. A lot better than letting him walk and signing NOONE.

it’s not rocket science, even a dumbass like you should be able to see if you let a bunch of forwards go and sign half as many - all of them mediocre, your pack is going to be weaker.

We cleared the decks to sign Faamausili, a lock the Warriors weren’t willing to keep under any circumstances and an over the hill rooster whose deal fell through because he couldn’t pass a fitness test.

There’s no way around it. We need props and if we’re going to sign good ones we’re going to have to pay overs. Beats the shit out of throwing overs at players we don’t need and buying every utility on tHe market.

Pitiful recruitment and retention from a directionless basket case of a club.
Thompson is due for a big year fml get off the fucking mushrooms.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always with the excuses lol

Tino chose to stay at an absolute flop of a club rather than coming to us. What does that say about the current state of the club and Gus’s pulling power? You ever see Politis shrug his shoulders and say he tried his best to sign a gun player but they chose to stay at the shithole club they were already at, so what can you do? Nope, because the best in the business don’t make excuses, they get the job done.

Haas would have been a very hard get because he was offered a mint by his current club, and they are successful. I’ll give Gus a pass on him. We were never gonna get him.

Not once did I bring up Hunt, so not sure why you are talking about him.

Only thing that happened at the AFB meeting was he said why would I come to your rabble of a club when I could go to the sharks? Then Gus leaked a story through the media to save face. You really think if there were genuine red flags a successful club which is actually going places and has a good pack would have signed him to such a lucrative deal? The dogs have withdrawn their interest narrative is the biggest load of PR spin BS you’ll ever see. He didn’t want to come here because Gus failed to sell his product.

Didn’t have a crack at Flegler, didn’t have much of a crack at Leniu either, if any, couldn’t even convince Twal to come over from the Tigers. But sure, we missed nobody.

We also failed to convince Vaughan to stay, chose to let Waddell, Thompson and Elliott walk (ok he’s s back rower, but he can play through the middle and bends the line).

We’ve let good players go, signed no one of any real use, and you reckon there has been no issue with our recruitment and retention?

Come on, fam. Be serious for a minute.
@Flanagun I bring up Hunt. We were the first club to approach Hunt. We expected to be dealing with Hornby or Young as coach. We at the time had that loss to Cronulla where Gus made the pre game excuses about the age of the team. Gus to keep himself secure said the club is in a rebuild. Hunt came out and said not interested in a rebuild. It was gone that moment.

Tino was stuff up after stuff up. We were so desperate we offered up Holbrook as assistant coach (botched it up) and of course the pub.

Haas correct did re-sign with Brisbane. I won't give Gus a full pass as we did offer Haas a personal mentor.

Leinu we just assume would sign. We dithered and Roosters came in after missing out on Flegler.

We never chased Flegler. We went after the Saififi that wasn't off contract after 2024.

We botched up Twal in a one-horse race.

We took on Tracey and Curran for overs gifting a passage way for their former clubs to sign AFB and Capewell. Those clubs played Gus off brilliantly.

You're right @Flanagun about AFB. We tried. We failed. We make excuses. We can't use the poor attitude excuse or background excuse. We signed someone on a 2yr deal coming off a 4yr ban. We signed Curran who the Warriors sacked. We signed 2 players Politis didn't want.

If you ever roll the dice on a player it's an elite prop forward. If he stays 2yrs could make the difference. Like a Bob McCarthy.

The problem we have is we go all out on clean outs every year. We end up bringing in the wrong or same type of players. We need to allow players to grow into the club.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Other teams could have used Tino, but they aren’t in as dire a state as we are in terms of forwards. Gus is supposed to be some big powerbroker, if he can’t land us one quality prop for 2024, he absolutely should be held accountable.

You laugh at Twal, but look at our middles. Twal looks like Haas of Tino next to some of the no hopers who will be trundling into the defence for us next year.

Where did I say anything about the duration or value of the contract we could have offered Thompson. I don’t think he would have cost anywhere near 800k. 500k for 2 years with an option in favour of the club would have been worth a shout. Foran has put his injury woes behind him. Who is to say Thompson won’t.

You’re not going to win many footy games by weakening your pack. Stop bootlicking and think about things rationally, fam.
Do you actually think that I don’t know we need props?
You don’t think Gus and CC know that.
It Doesn’t matter how big Gus is if players don’t want to leave there clubs and they feel comfortable with there club there is nothing anyone can do.
Look at it this way we are one or two props away from a top 8 team.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Notice how he doesn’t respond to what u said about him saying he signed back in Oct…..fukin bullshit artist who has been clearly exposed
100% lier, he is still hoping we sign him so he can say I told you so.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol you still adamant Luai has signed with the dogs…you are so delusional and I can’t wait until u are made out to be a liar.
I’m not sure how he is still standing on the Luai signing lol That is a fkn long shot

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I agree with this, youdont get called tha best prop in the world widout a bit of this and that
Hmm being called something in England than coming to Australia to prove it is another thing. He failed now he can go back and pick up the best prop in England trophy, a title that means sfa .

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
King & Hughes will be good off the bench. Curran to play lock. Now we have to cover the 2 starting prop positions.
Sutton and Knight/RFM both will need to step up next season for King and Hughes to be on the bench.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We signed Curran who the Warriors sacked.
We signed 2 players Politis didn't want.
Wrong again Polly. And I say AGAIN as you’ve made the same comments 64 times in recent weeks :-).

I asked the bloke I met yesterday who works with the Chooks recruitment team (who also said very few staff at each club know the cap reality - it’s closely held to just a handful of senior staff). When I asked about Turpin and Hutchison he said ‘Good fellas, solid players. We had a balancing issue and in the end we’ve let more go than are coming in for next season but there’s not much in the market so we ended up extending some guys for one year where there may have been a different outcome if the market wasn’t so tight’. So fair to say that ‘balancing’ was about both money and lack of options to fill certain positions.

Oh and the Wahs didn’t ‘sack’ anyone - like any club trying to balance their roster they put emphasis elsewhere - same as we did with Waddell for example.

The #ClownCrew criticise the Dogs for something which is OK when other clubs do exactly the same :tearsofjoy:.
IMG_7696.jpeg

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@04 Dreaming Luai has smelt desperation from Gus and played him off beautifully. Gus should be backing away. Just can't and won't.
Let me guess Polly. You’re going to speculate that Luai will come to the Dogs (on ‘overs’ of course) then if he ends up at the Tigers Gould will have ‘missed’ him like he did Hunt, Tino, Haas and everyone else :tearsofjoy:.
IMG_7696.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.