News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let me guess Polly. You’re going to speculate that Luai will come to the Dogs (on ‘overs’ of course) then if he ends up at the Tigers Gould will have ‘missed’ him like he did Hunt, Tino, Haas and everyone else :tearsofjoy:.
View attachment 99091
The amount of rubbish comments that come out of the clown crew is ridiculous.
You sign a player he is no good.

You don’t sign a player Gus can’t sign player’s.

You inquire about a player Gus is desperate.

Fucking childish school yard trolls.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of these negative blokes have no idea how negotiations work, or what the word leverage means … they read something on social media, they hear it on the TV, radio, or some podcast, and they just take it as gospel ..

Carrying on about missing players when they have zero clue on whether we were even a chance in the first place, is the ultimate in stupidity ..

Do they not know how player managers work, what their job is and how they use the media and opposition clubs to push up their players contracts.

There’s every chance these players they keep carrying on about, that we so called missed out on, were probably never going anywhere in the first place, but because the media said this and then that, and the managers said make it look good by having meetings, the negative crew suck it up like it’s free money.

Even carrying on that we missed AFB, chances are the deal with the Sharks was done before the media sluts broke the news he wanted to come back to Sydney .. these managers quietly do their work behind closed doors when they want, then they leak news when they want ..

Anyone commenting or carrying on that we missed out on signings is just showing that they’re very naive ..

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some of these negative blokes have no idea how negotiations work, or what the word leverage means … they read something on social media, they hear it on the TV, radio, or some podcast, and they just take it as gospel ..

Carrying on about missing players when they have zero clue on whether we were even a chance in the first place, is the ultimate in stupidity ..

Do they not know how player managers work, what their job is and how they use the media and opposition clubs to push up their players contracts.

There’s every chance these players they keep carrying on about, that we so called missed out on, were probably never going anywhere in the first place, but because the media said this and then that, and the managers said make it look good by having meetings, the negative crew suck it up like it’s free money.

Even carrying on that we missed AFB, chances are the deal with the Sharks was done before the media sluts broke the news he wanted to come back to Sydney .. these managers quietly do their work behind closed doors when they want, then they leak news when they want ..

Anyone commenting or carrying on that we missed out on signings is just showing that they’re very naive ..
Mate didn’t you hear @04 Dreaming has inside info from the club.
Wait and see how the board will be overthrown, also wait and see how Lulu will be signed with the dogs.

Panther Karen

Waterboy
Reaction score
Solid:

232D34B1-8724-4836-A148-4A75755557D7.jpeg

I should have lied and said it was me and won many friends here.

“Hi, my name is Bruce and I am the second cousin of Burto. Here is my car”

Actually, I’ll make it my avatar, so people will think I’m a doggie!

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Do you actually think that I don’t know we need props?
You don’t think Gus and CC know that.
It Doesn’t matter how big Gus is if players don’t want to leave there clubs and they feel comfortable with there club there is nothing anyone can do.
Look at it this way we are one or two props away from a top 8 team.
I don’t care if they know it, it’s their job to fix the problem. They’ve had ample opportunity to sign a prop and they’ve failed. You can make all the excuses you like, it’s not going to change the reality.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Flanagun I bring up Hunt. We were the first club to approach Hunt. We expected to be dealing with Hornby or Young as coach. We at the time had that loss to Cronulla where Gus made the pre game excuses about the age of the team. Gus to keep himself secure said the club is in a rebuild. Hunt came out and said not interested in a rebuild. It was gone that moment.

Tino was stuff up after stuff up. We were so desperate we offered up Holbrook as assistant coach (botched it up) and of course the pub.

Haas correct did re-sign with Brisbane. I won't give Gus a full pass as we did offer Haas a personal mentor.

Leinu we just assume would sign. We dithered and Roosters came in after missing out on Flegler.

We never chased Flegler. We went after the Saififi that wasn't off contract after 2024.

We botched up Twal in a one-horse race.

We took on Tracey and Curran for overs gifting a passage way for their former clubs to sign AFB and Capewell. Those clubs played Gus off brilliantly.

You're right @Flanagun about AFB. We tried. We failed. We make excuses. We can't use the poor attitude excuse or background excuse. We signed someone on a 2yr deal coming off a 4yr ban. We signed Curran who the Warriors sacked. We signed 2 players Politis didn't want.

If you ever roll the dice on a player it's an elite prop forward. If he stays 2yrs could make the difference. Like a Bob McCarthy.

The problem we have is we go all out on clean outs every year. We end up bringing in the wrong or same type of players. We need to allow players to grow into the club.
I don’t think the dragons would have let Hunt walk anyway, and Haas would have been crazy to walk away from Brisbane. That’s not to say we handled negotiations well in either case. On all other points, I agree with you completely, fam.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
**** did you hear Waddell talk to the media , did I sound like he wanted to be here. Shut the fuck up drop kick
And if all these players don’t want to be here, whose fault is that, spudboy? If Gus and Ciraldo can’t even create a culture where players want to stay, it just goes to show what a terrible job they are doing. Although some who claim to be in the know have said wasn't even offered a contract.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think the dragons would have let Hunt walk anyway, and Haas would have been crazy to walk away from Brisbane. That’s not to say we handled negotiations well in either case. On all other points, I agree with you completely, fam.
@Flanagun it seems to be a Gus trait to target contracted players eg Hunt, Tino, D Saifiti, AFB (before the Warriors release) and probably others as well. Backs up that comment Ricky Stuart said that began their fallout. Someone posted in here what Stuart said. Gus showed zero interest in Flegler and J Saifiti who both on the market no strings attached.

Panther Karen

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don’t care if they know it, it’s their job to fix the problem. They’ve had ample opportunity to sign a prop and they’ve failed. You can make all the excuses you like, it’s not going to change the reality.
You should do a student exchange with us Tigers.

Sheensy didn’t know what a back was.

Bateman was as close as he got because he celebrated like a back.

if we had played him the halves, we would have come equal second last, being a meaningful improvement.

Panther Karen

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just trying to steal a couple of things at the self serve.

95740C67-1EC2-4E65-8BFF-785E28441111.jpeg

I’ve got a Christmas ham stuffed down the front of my pants, no suspicions raised yet.

A bit cold though.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
And if all these players don’t want to be here, whose fault is that, spudboy? If Gus and Ciraldo can’t even create a culture where players want to stay, it just goes to show what a terrible job they are doing. Although some who claim to be in the know have said wasn't even offered a contract.
All these players? Why are you so pissed boy flange and Waddell your 2 favourite are gone. Flange is a park footballer and Waddell dead wood who had 1 decent yr for a bad team and still got barely a pass mark. Your hate for the people running the team is pathetic. Pathetic enough that you create fake accounts to support your agenda. That is loser in every language.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
All these players? Why are you so pissed boy flange and Waddell your 2 favourite are gone. Flange is a park footballer and Waddell dead wood who had 1 decent yr for a bad team and still got barely a pass mark. Your hate for the people running the team is pathetic. Pathetic enough that you create fake accounts to support your agenda. That is loser in every language.
1. I don't have any fake accounts that are currently active.
2. Your blind support for people who are running the team so badly is pathetic.
3. Please explain to me where our go forward is going to come from now our number one metre eater from this year is gone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.