NRL expansion: Dolphins to be new Brisbane team for 2023 season

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There isnt enough talent to spread around 16 teams, let alone 17.
There is, the problem is the spread of talent.

It's insanity that the Roosters, who have won 2 premierships in the last 4 seasons picked up two guys who look to be generational talents. We need a draft system.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They should have left it at 16 or made it 18 with Perth and the Dolphins as two new teams.. I can't stand byes every week and if they added two more teams they'd get 25 more games every season.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can't give players imaginary made up points.

The best thing they can do is just make it Best Ball.

You get the scores of your best 17 players each week. That way byes don't play havoc as much.
Yeh I suppose, but maybe they need to give us more cap so we can beef the bench up a bit more.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I read they won’t call themselves ‘Redcliffe’. Interested what the name will be?
Moreton Bay? North Brisbane? I would say they would keep the red and white colours if majority red then not really a clash with the dragons as they would play in the white with red v.
Having the ‘dolphins’ would push the traditions of the Queensland cup club a lot like port power in the AFL
They will be putting in a third colour (probably dolphin grey) and be called just The Dolphins (like once we were just the Bulldogs) so I've heard

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Question: If the Newtown Jets were still in the competition, would the Ipswich Jets even be able to apply to be a franchise?

View attachment 31620

Good old Newtown Jets. I wonder what it was that inspired their logo? Hmmm...

View attachment 31619
Have you had a day out a at Henson it’s better than a Dogs game I live three minutes up the road and have gone to more Jets games in the last 5 years than Bulldogs 5 to 1

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you had a day out a at Henson it’s better than a Dogs game I live three minutes up the road and have gone to more Jets games in the last 5 years than Bulldogs 5 to 1
If this bloke has ever been to any rugby league game i'd be very surprised

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I've been to Henson a few times but never for a Jets game. I wonder if they still sell the old cans of KB out there lol.

Belmore is the closest NRL stadium I live near, but Henson isn't that far either - about 10 mins away.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I've been to Henson a few times but never for a Jets game. I wonder if they still sell the old cans of KB out there lol.

Belmore is the closest NRL stadium I live near, but Henson isn't that far either - about 10 mins away.
No more KB but good day out especially to get the girls out they all come sit on the hill and have a couple of drinks a sausage sizzle and chat away (they don’t give a toss about the game) while the boys can get stuck in for a catch up. Great day I recommend mate. Kids dogs all welcome. Great to see the kids all kicking the footy on the field at half time as well.

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
No more KB but good day out especially to get the girls out they all come sit on the hill and have a couple of drinks a sausage sizzle and chat away (they don’t give a toss about the game) while the boys can get stuck in for a catch up. Great day I recommend mate.
I'll consider it, wouldn't mind it for the sake of seeing what the atmosphere was like back in the days. The Bulldogs and Blue Bags hold a joint record for the only ever 0-0 draw played in Henson Park, wet weather, back in 1982.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
...Pretty rich coming from someone who didn't even know what a sofa was...
lol what
what sofa

edit;

Looks like you confused yourself again and overworked that little brain

Wahesh

Reaction score
lol what
what sofa

edit;

Looks like you confused yourself again and overworked that little brain

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Piece #1 is in place;

In 2023 they will have the headliners in Bennett as coach (or more likely GM Football) plus from Melbourne Grant (wants to go home to Qld) and Munster (bound to fark up again and get sacked). I'd be surprised if they don't also get Ponga who will have had enough of Newcastle by then and want to be coached by Bennett.

That's more than enough draw cards to bring the rest "home to Qld", there will be a queue.
Always a Bulldog

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whilst I generally agree with this, I think if the NRL paid QCup or NSW Cup players a decent wage to live off and to solely concentrate on Footy rather than working and training/playing, then the standard and numbers should increase.

However, the NRL won't do this.
Which is why we need two divisions in the NRL. NSW/QLD comps need to become 3rd tier, and we have two professional tiers.