News NRL drops referee

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL has dropped referee Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski for round three after the Bulldogs were denied a try because the official was ruled to have obstructed Cronulla's five-eighth Braydon Trindall in the build-up. Przeklasa-Adamski has not been listed as referee for any of the NRL's eight games this weekend but will serve as touch judge when the Wests Tigers go head-to-head with Cronulla at Leichhardt Oval.

Viliame Kikau had his try disallowed after Przeklasa-Adamski asked the bunker to check whether he had impeded Trindall's ability to make a tackle on the second-rower. Replays showed the Cronulla five-eighth collided with the referee as he attempted to chase down Kikau.

So the bunker ruled a mutual infringement - where neither side was to blame for the incident- and the game restarted from the previous play-the-ball. But the NRL rules state that the ref must make the call on the field if he believes a mutual infringement occurred.

"The referee is the sole judge of what constitutes a mutual infringement and whether or not play has been irregularly affected," the NRL rulebook states. "Contact between a defender and referee may not constitute a mutual infringement."

NRL's head of football Graham Annesley was unhappy with Przeklasa-Adamski's decision, stating that the try shouldn't have been overturned. "I don't believe this try should have been overturned. The referee has to be somewhere on the field. He can't just disappear," he said.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
@Doogie read the last paragraph.
And what was different from the NRL video? You think 'I don't believe' and 'I'm sure' are the same thing? And where does the NRL say Ziggy got the punt because of that decision? Or are we now taking the Telecraps opinion as gospel.

It was the bunker that actually made that decision. Did they get dropped? No? You sure you don't want a piece of this Harbour Bridge action? Going cheap....

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And what was different from the NRL video? You think 'I don't believe' and 'I'm sure' are the same thing? And where does the NRL say Ziggy got the punt because of that decision? Or are we now taking the Telecraps opinion as gospel.

It was the bunker that actually made that decision. Did they get dropped? No? You sure you don't want a piece of this Harbour Bridge action? Going cheap....
I admire your stubbornness bro but the Kikz try was a clear ref fuck up not sure why you are so adamant and wrong

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing that dissapeared also was our chance to win ,what a momentum killer of a decision not only that but many others.
Dogged big Time
In the all the years I have been following the Dogs, this is not the first time that a ref has been dropped after an appalling performance in a Dogs game that potentially cost us competition points. It doesn't help us, though.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In the all the years I have been following the Dogs, this is not the first time that a ref has been dropped after an appalling performance in a Dogs game that potentially cost us competition points. It doesn't help us, though.
The best (or better defined as worst) I’ve seen was a bunker ruling on a forward pass against us vs the Eels a while back when Kasiano scored in the corner to tie up a game…. They (refs) have invented sh!t along the way for us.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best (or better defined as worst) I’ve seen was a bunker ruling on a forward pass against us vs the Eels a while back when Kasiano scored in the corner to tie up a game…. They (refs) have invented sh!t along the way for us.
That's the only one I can remember, too. I seem to recall how most of the media personalities cried foul.

I have a feeling that we are due for another game of poor refereeing when we face the Bunnies for their usual "Black Friday" payback game for the charge down on Reynolds by James Graham.