NRL 2021, transfer market: Kyle Flanagan rubbishes Super League rumours,

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whether it's the Super League or a backup role at another club, he'll be moved on soon enough. People question who would take him, but it's in Flanagan's best interests for his career to move soon, not just the club's to get rid of him.. So one way or another, a deal will be made eventually.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we're stuck with Flanagan until his contract runs down due to how much other clubs are going to be willing to contribute. It can't be much more than minimum wage.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whether it's the Super League or a backup role at another club, he'll be moved on soon enough. People question who would take him, but it's in Flanagan's best interests for his career to move soon, not just the club's to get rid of him.. So one way or another, a deal will be made eventually.
There were some whispers months ago about Flanagan going to the UK, I said then it would be in his best interest to do so if he wants to gain some confidence and form...I still believe he would do himself and us a favor !

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we're stuck with Flanagan until his contract runs down due to how much other clubs are going to be willing to contribute. It can't be much more than minimum wage.
I think wait and see how the season plays out, see how long he enjoys playing for Mounties

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I’m not convinced about Kyle, and not a fan at all at this point, with all the positive signings etc for 22 and if he wears the blue and white, then I hope he has a far superior year than last. He has potential, needs to show it. Definitely his last chance!! Good luck to him.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if ego eventually plays a role.

Flanagan dose not strike me as a person who would accept playing reserves for the next two seasons.

A club somewhere will be willing to take a punt on a goal kicking halfback, with us paying a chunk of his contract.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There were some whispers months ago about Flanagan going to the UK, I said then it would be in his best interest to do so if he wants to gain some confidence and form...I still believe he would do himself and us a favor !
Never going to happen, he was studying Construction at UWS.

Always a Bulldog

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cant see a club taking him period, the only possible positive is that he works hard to get his form up to get a contract after his time at the Dogs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think wait and see how the season plays out, see how long he enjoys playing for Mounties
Players don't take pay cuts, especially severe ones (I'm not even sure you can register a contract elsewhere for less, I think someone has to pay all of his salary). They just ride it out for the $$$. No one wants Flanagan anyways.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread that My super league contact said to me a few weeks ago that he will be over in England before round 1 of the nrl kicks off let's hope it comes true it will be good for both parties heard Wakefield and the newly promoted Toulouse also Wigan

Last edited:

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread that My super league contact said to me a few weeks ago that he will be over in England before round 1 of the nrl kicks off let's hope it comes true it will be good for both parties heard Wakefield and the newly promoted Toulouse also Wigan
I honestly don’t even think he’s good enough to play in the super league but I’ll be happy if he goes over there and gives it a crack just as long as he’s not at Belmore