Not Renewing Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des did have that control while Manly was succesful. He brought them up from nothing and when they tried to wrestle that control off him he started entertaining offers elsewhere.
no he thought they didn't offer him a good enough contract is why he left.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des did have that control while Manly was succesful. He brought them up from nothing and when they tried to wrestle that control off him he started entertaining offers elsewhere.
no he thought they didn't offer him a good enough contract is why he left.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I've only ever had membership for two years. To be honest, nothing about the club or its playing style appeals to me. I only ever watch our games at the pub now, so if I get bored with the way we're playing, which is often, then at least I can turn my attention elsewhere.

It's all just so meh

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
When did I say the club will be run differently or anything remotely like that? I was sig about a call I got from the club, I never said anything about it making a difference, I said it was a nice gesture.

I know my not renewing won't make any difference, especially when there are so many people who will blindly renew regardless, such as yourself. I can make a point without insulting people.
Me renewing was not doing so "blindly". I clearly know i love the club and would re- sign if we got the last 3 wooden spoons. Im not a fairweather fan.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have blue and white stripes in my wedding ring, I still have the empty plastic bottle from a drink that Ewen McGrady gave me when I was 11, but yeah, I'm a fairweather fan.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I have blue and white stripes in my wedding ring, I still have the empty plastic bottle from a drink that Ewen McGrady gave me when I was 11, but yeah, I'm a fairweather fan.
So explain again why you arent renewing? If you are as passionate as you say, why wouldnt you renew? I really dont get it. Sorry but not renewing because we didnt recruit how you expected, or dont agree with the coaching methods, or like our form, is being a fairweather fan. What did you really expect to acheive even if 1000 people demonstrated outside the club about your "issues"? You think they will tell Des to coach differently or sack him? Do you think they will recruit differently or sack players you dont like? Its all just fluff to me sorry.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So explain again why you arent renewing? If you are as passionate as you say, why wouldnt you renew? I really dont get it. Sorry but not renewing because we didnt recruit how you expected, or dont agree with the coaching methods, or like our form, is being a fairweather fan. What did you really expect to acheive even if 1000 people demonstrated outside the club about your "issues"? You think they will tell Des to coach differently or sack him? Do you think they will recruit differently or sack players you dont like? Its all just fluff to me sorry.
I didn't/don't expect anything, I was just relaying the details of a call I got from the club when I didn't renew my membership. I'm not renewing because of the reasons I have stated, I know Des is a good coach and we have a pretty good team. But I expect the head coach to have the capacity to change the tactics of the team, not rely on the same old chestnut to get through. That's just laziness, re-hashing the same old sh!t.

I don't hold any coach or player above my team, I have seen too many players come and go to do that. But I'm not going to renew my membership while we follow the path to the same ending, putting faith in a coach who doesn't have any new ideas. I love the Bulldogs, not Des Hasler.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I never said Perrett is the best winger in the comp. IMO Radradra is ok. What i have said is perrett isnt as bad as the flamers make him out to be and is valuable to the team. Didnt say he was an immortal you douche. Pull your head in
Stop calling people names mr moderator
If people don't agree with u doesn't mean they are wrong and u are free to bad mouth them

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
South of heaven and mr I didn't renew either
Let's go attack them and call then "non fans" too.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Stop calling people names mr moderator
If people don't agree with u doesn't mean they are wrong and u are free to bad mouth them
lol.

You have used the i think perrett is the best winger in the game line in other threads to mock things i say, so take what u asked for.

Last edited:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol.

You have used the i think perrett is the best winger in the game line in other threads to mock things i say, so take what u asked for.
Ok then

Last edited by a moderator:

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
They would probably see someone not renewing because we had a loss the week before as a tantrum and dismiss it tbh. If we had beat eels would this thread have been started? I dont think so.Nothing wrong with how the club is run or the team. Theres nothing they can do to appease the fans who expect 20+ point wins every week to be happy.
Not everyone is like you and thinks everything is always perfect. Since Kevin was coach you have always said things are fine. 2004 is a long way gone and we don't look like winning anything any time soon.
Mulholland crop of youth have now all but finished and the junior levels look talentless.
People cancelling 9+ year memberships has nothing to do with just one loss. Take your blinders off.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What i would like to know is how do u become a member that can vote at the club agm????

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
South of heaven and mr I didn't renew either
Let's go attack them and call then "non fans" too.
Fucking oath i also dont cheer every game and lost interest in the superleague era

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why were talking memberships. Have they completely abandoned the whole key ring thing where after x amount of years you would have white, blue, silver, gold etc... Im on my 5 years this season and i want my blue member bulldogs key ring !

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can you imagine if not renewing because you arent happy (reasonably or not) about how the team is going was normal?

How many clubs would have zero members? Going by some people's mentality only winning the GF is succeeding, so every club but Cowboys right now would have nil members.

Last edited:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sad state of affairs. If you told me in 2004 clubs like Cowboys, Souths and Dragons would jag premierships within 10 years and we would win none I would have laughed at you.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Can you imagine if not renewing because you arent happy (reasonably or not) about how the team is going was normal?

How many clubs would have zero members? Going by some people's mentality only winning the GF is succeeding, so every club but Cowboys right now would have nil members.
Success is measured by winning that's all there is to it.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its not imagination, its the truth. Teams will get more memberships if they are successful and will lose memberships if they are playing poorly. Just look at the increase in sharks memberships from being wooden spooners to finalists in one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.