Not Renewing Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had an interesting phone call with the membership people at the club. Got a call on Friday asking if I would like to renew my membership. I explained that I wasn't renewing my membership because I disagree with numerous things about how the team is run and I saw not renewing my membership as the only avenue to show this. I also explained that I actually thought the value for membership was great.

Was surprised that they actually wrote down my reasons for not renewing in a spreadsheet which was to be read by management. Don't know if this will happen of course, but appreciated the gesture.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think they care as much as you'd like to think they do.

More like moving along, how can we acquire new members to compensate the one we just loss.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think they care as much as you'd like to think they do.

More like moving along, how can we acquire new members to compensate the one we just loss.
Oh yeah I don't expect them to do anything with it. Especially considering the reasons I gave kind of aren't fixable from a membership management position.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I don't mean to be offensive, but in all honesty, no one cares about your thoughts on the way the team is run. The club pays extremely good money to it's coaching team to do just that - coach the team.

What a punter thinks is not of any consequence.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No fans or punters equals no game buddy
It's a fine line that they must manage

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
No fans or punters equals no game buddy
It's a fine line that they m
just manage
That's a warm and fuzzy thought but I still stand by what I said. This feedback RE: cancellation of membership will make zero difference.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It only takes one domino...

I'd be interested to see our membership statistics since 2004.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mean to be offensive, but in all honesty, no one cares about your thoughts on the way the team is run. The club pays extremely good money to it's coaching team to do just that - coach the team.

No offense taken, but at the same time if you're not happy with how the team runs then renewing your membership regardless doesn't really reflect that does it.

Like I said to the club, not renewing membership is one of very few avenues to show your disapproval.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Your choice i guess but like others said i doubt it will make a difference. I renew coz it makes me feel more part of the club i love, regardless of my opinion on how its run.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Your choice i guess but like others said i doubt it will make a difference. I renew coz it makes me feel more part of the club i love, regardless of my opinion on how its run.
I haven't renew mine, after 7 yrs as member, every week I change my mine to renew or not, but at the end I will renew it, for the same reasons as you. On the other end I agree with Kratos, but I don't thing they care much about us

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

They do care, but not because they are going to actually change the team based on what the punter thinks. What they will do is try work out how to manage member expectations better.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They do care, but not because they are going to actually change the team based on what the punter thinks. What they will do is try work out how to manage member expectations better.
or which marketing spin to put on the membership slogan

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I didnt renew my membership either. Its my way of offering a protest against the mediocre management of the football club.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If they didn't care why are they paying an external company from the city thousands of dollars to call up and ask.

Without the fans there is no game

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only when the memberships come down they may consider it, but its unlikely atm.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At the end of last year I said the same thing. But after cooling down and come pre-season I realised the club means more to me than the coach, playing structure and individual players so I renewed. I completely understand op's position though.

The club won't do anything in regards to comments, you only need to read this place to see there is plenty of people happy with Des, happy just to make the finals or get to a grand final and lose. All I'll say is a successful club like ours shouldn't have their last premiership in 2004.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The Sharks and Cowboys had a massive spike. The Warriors and Broncos really should be the leaders in membership.. Souths is a joke.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont believe that titans figure at all they have about 68 people in the stands and 56 players and coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.