No Haas, No Tino, No TPJ, No Worries

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It will be a great move for TPJ if he is serious about it and actually goes places... Imagine he actually kills it and gets a world title fight!

But like that flop Crawley insinuated yesterday on 360.. He probably already has a contract lined-up by another club somewhere.
It does not make any sense that Pangai is using boxing as an excuse to get out of a contract when we were probably willing to let him leave.

I think he has potential to become a good boxer but if he lacked the discipline and fortitude to make a go of it in league , then he’s going to fail at boxing cause that requires a lot more disciple and commitment

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon hel end up back in the nrl on a minimum contract or train and trial probably with the roosters
Think he will end up at the dolphins. How many years would Bromwich and co have left? He spends 1 year under them then he has to step up when they leave

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It does not make any sense that Pangai is using boxing as an excuse to get out of a contract when we were probably willing to let him leave.

I think he has potential to become a good boxer but if he lacked the discipline and fortitude to make a go of it in league , then he’s going to fail at boxing cause that requires a lot more disciple and commitment
That notion is always going to be discussed, even the discipline in the ring and not doing anything stupid which results in a DQ.

Time will tell i guess but honestly who cares... I think both parties are better off.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone think it’s weird the broncos and Haas haven’t confirmed the deal yet?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Never in the mix.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great...we fixed the cap and no one to sign
Considering we need to spend 90% or so of our cap there will be some smiling reserve graders out bemore way all cashed up
the NRL want to expand the competition yet there is no fukin quality props or halfbacks...so even though there is supposed to be a salary cap in place the top teams continue to become stronger and the bottom teams cannot compete...the game has become a joke!

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not phased about Haas tbh. His brother arrested today for drugs. Too much shit going on in his family.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we'd acted professionally and sooner we could have had both Lenui and Royce Hunt for less than a Tino or Haas
Please explain how Gould & the club didn’t act professionally and sooner that lead to us missing out on those 2 … how exactly in your mind did they F*** that up ???

Also Tino & Haas have just signed 2 of the biggest contracts in league history .. what do you mean by we could have signed Lenui & Royce Hunt for less ??

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we'd acted professionally and sooner we could have had both Lenui and Royce Hunt for less than a Tino or Haas
I think we can make even worse statements. We coulda had Reynolds or Shaun Johnson if we dumped enough money in.. and still had some left over for some decent forwards

instead we bet on flanno, who is now probably not going to be a nrl player

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we can make even worse statements. We coulda had Reynolds or Shaun Johnson if we dumped enough money in.. and still had some left over for some decent forwards

instead we bet on flanno, who is now probably not going to be a nrl player
There are 3 fantasy comments that pop up on TK daily.

We should have bought Reynolds
We should have kept Vaughan
We paid $500k for KO ..

All 3 have reasons that have been explained a ton of times on why it didn’t happen. Yet they just continue to pop up.

We tried for Reynolds, so did many other clubs, he didn’t want to play for a Sydney club !
We made Vaughan a good offer, he wasn’t interested, he wanted to get away, go to England.
The $500k was Bennett’s price re the Broncos/Dolphins feud, we paid no where near that.

[emoji849]

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We made Leniu a good offer. He was close to signing until the Roosters offered more.

Royce Hunt is okay but he's not worth losing any sleep over. I'd rather have Hazelton.

Gus should be targeting props like Hazelton, Lindsay Smith etc who are already proven at NRL level in limited minutes and seem capable of much more, but they will likely be bench players for the foreseeable future.. They might be enticed to change clubs with more money and better opportunity.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pele gone
Thompson gone
Sutton gone
TPJ gone
What front row are we going to field? This is an absolute joke. TPJ could have least left before Haas and Tino resigned. Motherfuckker
Is Sutton gone? Is that confirmed? I hope so he offers nothing. I would rather free up his money on the cap and run with 2 unknowns if it comes to that. All those blokes you mentioned did nothing to make us a better team this season.

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m now expecting Thompson to be re-signed because of TPJ’s retirement. Sutton’s probably no longer being shopped around.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m now expecting Thompson to be re-signed because of TPJ’s retirement. Sutton’s probably no longer being shopped around.
Yep and we'll likely re-sign Waddell and Okunbor so we're weaker in the forwards than this year. SST will be lucky if he plays a handful of games - that's if he even passes our medical which maybe he hasn't hence the delay in announcing his signing.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please explain how Gould & the club didn’t act professionally and sooner that lead to us missing out on those 2 … how exactly in your mind did they F*** that up ???

Also Tino & Haas have just signed 2 of the biggest contracts in league history .. what do you mean by we could have signed Lenui & Royce Hunt for less ??
Months ago on Twitter Gus said he was in no rush to sign players from outside our club. He wanted to see more of our own players first. In the next month or two Hunt and others were re-signed by their current clubs then about a month Gus whinged on Twitter there wasn't much left on the shelf and because of that it was increasing the price of the few still available. Maybe if he'd acted sooner we would have got someone decent. Hunt wouldn't be on huge money. We could easily have snared him if we offered 100K more likely. He's a decent big body middle - the type we need even more desperately now but it's too late. According to reports Lenui signed with the Roosters for less than 600K. I also heard Gus didn't even make an offer to Lenui.