News No contract extension yet but Pay has players' support

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What exactly does this have to do with how much a coach affects a players performance?

Never said whether Pay was a good coach or not, haven't made up my mind yet.

All I ever said was that the players give him a lot credit. If coaches have no effect on players why do they exist? Why do they get paid so much?
A coach has a massive effect on the team because the team are bound to follow his instructions.. They exist because a coach is meant to organise and improve games but some coaches hinder the game with their power and lack of skill

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A coach has a massive effect on the team because the team are bound to follow his instructions.. They exist because a coach is meant to organise and improve games but some coaches hinder the game with their power and lack of skill
So are you now contradicting yourself from when you said that you don't give coaches credit for player improvement?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So are you now contradicting yourself from when you said that you don't give coaches credit for player improvement?
I think coaches are given way too much credit because without players putting in the effort or have the talent they're never going to win. Therefore a coach should be assisting the team but some are so bad that they block and hinder the players from doing their thing. . Coaches are like what personal assistants are to a CEO.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know if pay is a good coach or not but I do know that the playing roster has limited ability. One of the top 30 is playing Sydney shield, another development contract player cant make ron massey cup. Does anyone know why we have a player too old for flegg and not good enough for nsw cup taking up one of the player development contracts - does it free up money somehow?The current roster will need to have magical coaching and lots of good luck to be competitive with the better sides. Warriors are not one of the better sides, nor are parramatta. if they are not able to compete with parra and the tigers the week after I think the decisions on coaching will be made easier.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
The warriors game plan was so fucking simple I don't understand how Pay didn't even remotely try to change anything in the 2nd half. The Warriors literally shifted the ball side to side, kicked to the wingers and their halves just X'ed ball runners under them. Warriors game plan won't give heavy weights like Melbourne, Roosters and Bunnies too much trouble at all. I will give their forwards massive credit cause they went hard in attack and D all game. Pay to me just doesn't seem to have a good footy IQ, he comes across as a bit slow and way behind the times. He was Raiders assistant coach and those ***** conceded like 20 points a game and made finals once in 3 years he was there. Happy to wait till round 10 to completly write him off man I hope he fails cause still persisting with Montoya who is a flop, Holland and Elliot who play terrible then have a decent end to year and don't even start me on JMK that **** wouldn't even light up A grade in local park footy.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why we have a player too old for flegg and not good enough for nsw cup taking up one of the player development contracts - does it free up money somehow?
Are you talking about Saddler? I can only assume that he must have signed a contract that puts him in the top 30 and they can’t go back on it? It’s a massive fuck up and wasting a vital top 30 spot.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about Saddler? I can only assume that he must have signed a contract that puts him in the top 30 and they can’t go back on it? It’s a massive fuck up and wasting a vital top 30 spot.
saddler is in the top 30 - im referring to jarred Anderson and to a lesser extent james ramounos - any idea why they would have them under development contracts - meaning they can be used after june 30 in first grade?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
saddler is in the top 30 - im referring to jarred Anderson and to a lesser extent james ramounos - any idea why they would have them under development contracts - meaning they can be used after june 30 in first grade?
No idea but wasn’t Anderson in the top 30 last year? Someone in the club must rate him? Ramounos has potential so I don’t mind him being in there to be fair. He looked ordinary early in NSW Cup yesterday but looked good later in the game.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No idea but wasn’t Anderson in the top 30 last year? Someone in the club must rate him? Ramounos has potential so I don’t mind him being in there to be fair. He looked ordinary early in NSW Cup yesterday but looked good later in the game.
I could be wrong but i thought Anderson he was in the nsw cup squad - ended up on the bench in rm cup. Didn't get a game this week.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but i thought Anderson he was in the nsw cup squad - ended up on the bench in rm cup. Didn't get a game this week.
I’m only going off memory as well so could be wrong but I don’t get his selection either. There’s so much dead weight with him and Saddler.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m only going off memory as well so could be wrong but I don’t get his selection either. There’s so much dead weight with him and Saddler.
and okunbor olive tualau - cap space and t[op 30 space wasted

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
and okunbor olive tualau - cap space and t[op 30 space wasted
Least a lot of the dead wood is off contract this year. I’d like to see some of the young Flegg boys fast tracked onto development contracts for 2020.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think coaches are given way too much credit because without players putting in the effort or have the talent they're never going to win. Therefore a coach should be assisting the team but some are so bad that they block and hinder the players from doing their thing. . Coaches are like what personal assistants are to a CEO.
One minute you are saying the coaches have a massive effect on teams and in the next you are reducing them to P.A.'s. you seem confused.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
pay is a reserve grade coach not a first grade coach it shows .

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I think after that performance. He should be a shoe-in to get another couple years extension.