News No contract extension yet but Pay has players' support

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand why Lewis would say that. It's not like Pay has shown any evidence that he's capable. He openly promised us a more expansive game .. Yeah OK we saw a little bit but he also promised us a return to "dogs of war" type of game ..all I saw when the going got tough was a whole bunch of whimpering .

It's more probable Lewis was being humble and grateful for a chance at first grade.. In a previous article Lewis also stated that he was 'tapped on the shoulder, there was no chance of seeing first grade ' so he came up with a plan to train harder and improve on skills.. Opportunity arose he made the most of it and 'sucked up' to the coach ... That is much more believable than Pay magically making him a better player in his first NRL game!
Absolutely no idea. All your comments in this thread have once again been laughable and just highlighted your severe lack of knowledge on how a team works. It really sucks the club has to have fans like this. You will keep replying arguing your point because everybody else is wrong except you so I'm not going to engage in your rubbish again. I just can't wait till you eat your words about Pay

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely no idea. All your comments in this thread have once again been laughable and just highlighted your severe lack of knowledge on how a team works. It really sucks the club has to have fans like this. You will keep replying arguing your point because everybody else is wrong except you so I'm not going to engage in your rubbish again. I just can't wait till you eat your words about Pay
OK sooky I'll stop.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
funny I was just reading an article about how the loss of Mbye will impact us this year lol... I am pretty sure almost every Bulldog fan rejoiced the minute they found out Moses was leaving... dude just never wanted to roll up the sleeves and get busy, and having seen the Tigers in the trials, it looks like nothing will change this year
Oh so true your spot on, Moses going was the best thing that happened to the team other than The Prince off course. Moses is not getting any better at the Tigers he hasn’t changed anything at all, I just don’t think he is competitive enough for this sport to be honest in that I mean he gives up to easy and that rubs off on the rest. Lewis is competing every minute of the game.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh so true your spot on, Moses going was the best thing that happened to the team other than The Prince off course. Moses is not getting any better at the Tigers he hasn’t changed anything at all, I just don’t think he is competitive enough for this sport to be honest in that I mean he gives up to easy and that rubs off on the rest. Lewis is competing every minute of the game.
There is no way he wanted that captaincy... he did not look impressed at the season launch... but let's face it, we all know Benji and Robbie will be running the show

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I think he will stay there next year because he is an appointment from the current administration and rugby league is a political game. His signing was one of their first decisions.”

Paul kent on 360 talking about pays job security. Pretty sure pay was appointed by previous admin.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It would be silly to make the decision before Rd 10. If he signs somewhere else (he won’t) then so be it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Def need to see how Pay's second season goes after 10 rounds before re-signing.

Wholetthedogsout

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think you have to give Pay some credit, he inherited a dog's breakfast. He and Steve Antonelli both have great records. Antonelli lead his Mounties team to grand finals and finals a couple of times. Pay also led the Raiders to their 2016 finals run. I reckon he just needs the time to pick his ideal team and run with it. Rome wasn't built in a day after all.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think you have to give Pay some credit, he inherited a dog's breakfast. He and Steve Antonelli both have great records. Antonelli lead his Mounties team to grand finals and finals a couple of times. Pay also led the Raiders to their 2016 finals run. I reckon he just needs the time to pick his ideal team and run with it. Rome wasn't built in a day after all.
I think our style of play will change radically with the bloke from Kings onboard. We will play more like "Pays team", that "Dessies Offcuts" this season.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They didnt play like they wanted the coach to stay today.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was looking forward to a nice big bowl of Pay yesterday like you promised .. No idea ahaha

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will start calling myself Lonewolfmother. No support from anyone, either you all have no idea or are snowflakes.. Where's the men around here all I see are a bunch of hyenas coming together to attack someone who has the balls to say what they see.. I don't mind a discussion, prove me wrong I hope you do but stupid remarks like log off buddy, and I've got no idea followed by.... Nothing pisses me off

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Should I spell it out?? Contrary to your stinging attack on my evidence based observation on Pay. Pay can't coach
Geez you’re a sad case. If you would read posts properly you would see that I never made a “stinging attack” on you but merely quoted the captain whose opinion on the subject of Pay’s coaching ability you’ll be surprised to learn I still value more than yours.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Will start calling myself Lonewolfmother. No support from anyone, either you all have no idea or are snowflakes.. Where's the men around here all I see are a bunch of hyenas coming together to attack someone who has the balls to say what they see.. I don't mind a discussion, prove me wrong I hope you do but stupid remarks like log off buddy, and I've got no idea followed by.... Nothing pisses me off
The balls to say what they see? Isn’t that what everyone does around here, under the brave cover of anonymity? You think Pay can’t coach, we get it; some agree with you and some don’t and some are on the fence until such time as a clear judgment based on results and improvement or lack thereof can be made.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geez you’re a sad case. If you would read posts properly you would see that I never made a “stinging attack” on you but merely quoted the captain whose opinion on the subject of Pay’s coaching ability you’ll be surprised to learn I still value more than yours.
There you go again.. I'm a sad case .. Is that necessary ? You went on a thin branch claiming Pay was a marvellous coach for bringing Lewis over and coached him into 1st grade level.. Yep he did that overnight with a magic wand did he and then you ridiculed my response . You used instinct and fairy godmother dreams over logic and probability.. Sounds like youd fit in better on the Disneyland forum