No claws like the team

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They are still way better than any of the modern logos. I have the set of fridge magnets of all of those logos. One of my favourites was the Steelers logo too.. The old Raiders logo was mad too.
A mate of mine recently bought a full set of retro beer glasses with all 20 odd teams from 1995. There's some memorable ones there, and some not so much (eg: the crushers).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A mate of mine recently bought a full set of retro beer glasses with all 20 odd teams from 1995. There's some memorable ones there, and some not so much (eg: the crushers).
Yeah the Crushers and Reds didn't last long. And then we had the Rams and Mariners from Super League shortly after. It's crazy to think that in the Super League year of 1997 we had 22 teams.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
They are still way better than any of the modern logos. I have the set of fridge magnets of all of those logos. One of my favourites was the Steelers logo too.. The old Raiders logo was mad too.
That's true - I forgot about them. The only beef I had with the Steelers circle logo is it looked like an American Football player was in it.

1633564077231.png

Wahesh

Reaction score
You were going ok until you posted a pile of shit at the end.
I don't like the way the current team is bro, but that logo defines their rich history and success.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im all for change in life, but I never understood the constant logo changing by companies/,sporting teams etc. Firms in my field do it a lot too, and tbh, it just seems like a waste of money. It's probably easier now in the digital world, as in the old days I also meant binning all of your stationery.
With nrl teams changing logos and jerseys it's all about sucking money out of fans who buy the most up to date merchandise.

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The constipated one - aka the simplistic Americanised one.

The old Bulldogs logo looked like he was going to rip you apart.

View attachment 31373
The funny thing about Bulldogs is the most damage they could or would even do to you is run into your shin like a wrecking ball out of excitement. Very friendly breed. Got one at the dog park I go to and he is known as the shin killer.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The funny thing about Bulldogs is the most damage they could or would even do to you is run into your shin like a wrecking ball out of excitement. Very friendly breed. Got one at the dog park I go to and he is known as the shin killer.
Yeah I remember I saw one with his owner a few years back (named Thor lol), and he seemed like a very friendly dog. When I started patting him it was as if all his Christmases had come at once lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
It suppose to be a welding mask. That era of logos was easily the best. I remember all the old footy cards- good times!
Wow, I didn't know that. I guess the lower face area not being covered made it look like an NFL helmet.

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yeah I remember I saw one with his owner a few years back (named Thor lol), and he seemed like a very friendly dog. When I started patting him it was as if all his Christmases had come at once lol.
I borrowed a mates Bulldog when we were last in the GF 2014 as I lived in Belmore then and we bought him a little dog jumper with bulldogs on it and walked up and down Belmore and it was such an enjoyable day so many people overjoyed to see her and ask if they could get a photo. Men woman children young and old. Cool day as a Dogs fan.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wish they didn't breed then into the passive fatties they are today. I wish they kept them as dogs that bring down bulls...

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I wish they didn't breed then into the passive fatties they are today. I wish they kept them as dogs that bring down bulls...
This girl Betty was a big big girl easily 40kgs poor old Bulldog breed having said that she could probably run faster than most of our squad last year.