Opinion Nick Meaney

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Everyone who says he is average or shit, go have a listen to Bellamy's post game press conference. He knows better than you and I...

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone who says he is average or shit, go have a listen to Bellamy's post game press conference. He knows better than you and I...
I always thought (like some other players) that Meaney was never a rock star but had more to offer.
This club has been woeful for player improvement the last 5 years.
Even the Morris bros were declining before they left and went on to find form once again.
I dont care that Meaney left. Im actually happy for him because he wouldn't have showed improvement here.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know & people said he wouldn't be missed. NOW it's a why did the Bulldogs let him go. FFS.
They love jumping on a bandwagon on the kennel. I think a lot of people get on here to gain an opinion not to share their opinion

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You wouldn’t really expect anything else though. He made the choice to sign him and he backs him like a good coach should.

The same coach said he shed a tear about Steve Turner leaving and felt like he lost a son when he was leaving the club.

He cares deeply for his players and turns them into better footballers.

Malla

Reaction score
He was one of our better players last year - not that that is saying much! I would have kept him instead of signing Dufty, but he didn't want to play for us, and I, for one, don't want anybody in the team who doesn't want to be there.

Apart from that, Averillo's form the past two games suggests we might have pulled a rabbit out of the hat.
One of our best players doesn’t mean he’s good as we were shit too

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nick Meaney was on triple m earlier. One of the things I took key interest in was he said K.Bromwhich and F.Kafusi are so experienced and they help organise a lot of the attack as they talk so much. He's never heard 2 backrowers talk so much...

My takeaway from this was that our captain Josh Jackson played edge backrow during Meaneys time here, so yeah that doesn't paint Jacko in a very good light imo. We all know hes not very vocal, but to have a player inadvertently confirm it was funny.

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You answered your own question.. Averillo has looked good the last few weeks. Move on. Meaney is not worth losing any sleep over.
Well he is. If we kept him for fullback avo plays halfback and Flanno fucks right off

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well he is. If we kept him for fullback avo plays halfback and Flanno fucks right off
He's definitely not worth losing sleep over. Averillo looks better at fullback than he did at halfback.. He has far less responsibility and can just focus on running.. Meaney had three seasons with us to establish himself under two different coaches and didn't take his opportunity. He's at Melbourne now which is a better situation for him.. Best of luck to him.. We move on.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he throws that flick pass in our colours they call it forward every time (and it should have been but storm play nfl so it's fine)

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
He's definitely not worth losing sleep over. Averillo looks better at fullback than he did at halfback.. He has far less responsibility and can just focus on running.. Meaney had three seasons with us to establish himself under two different coaches and didn't take his opportunity. He's at Melbourne now which is a better situation for him.. Best of luck to him.. We move on.
i mean the storm have gotten the likes of anthony quinn and brenko lee into SOO

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Anyone can look great in a good system like the storm. He is handy but in a mess we are in he isnt effective

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hes going ok this year but im not likely to get too sad about a back moving on, reasonable backs are a dime a dozen, and we arent short on them. Once Mahoney and Kikau get here next year all we might need is a 7 really. Maybe another forward or 2 in place of Thompson and Vaughan who are leaving apparently. Outside that we just need what we have to play to their potential.