Opinion Nick Meaney

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Useless huh? When was the last time you posted a thread. Useless. Your a nobody to this forum.
Posting a thread doesn't make you a somebody unless it's a really fucking good thread. I liked Meaney and his partner in crime, (Cogger) that we recruited from Newcastle, but I know they weren't rep standard.

I arguably loved Meaney more than most on here. If I can restrain myself from making a thread on this, then so should you haha.
Same boat for me. In a team that had as much attack as a vegan having to kill a chicken to stop it eating a cricket, he wasn't a hugely threatening fullback (who was mostly played on the wing while less threatening slugs like Hopoate got chance after chance at #1). But he was fucking awesome with kick defence and pretty decent in his rare chances at #1.

May not have been a worldbeater, but wasn't getting a wage like it either IMO. But deserved more chances.

I just hope that our selection process, retention and recruitment nail their jobs over the next year or two and pick/retain/promote players that give us a 6% chance of winning. 17 players that offer that 6% comes out to 100% plus chance.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He could have been our long-term fullback, but we decided to get Dufty. I'm fuming, the only way we can get him back is for 2024 and onwards.
No. He’s in a different system. Just like smith he goes there and ups his game , he stays here he’s the same. Always rated him but completely different .
It’s basic psychology..

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He could have been our long-term fullback, but we decided to get Dufty. I'm fuming, the only way we can get him back is for 2024 and onwards.
Im fuming too Omar…. Meaney pulled out a classic Bulldogs attacking play moment last night when he tried to grubber the ball for a repeat set, only for a Bronco’s to collect it, Walters ran 50m, was about to be chased down by Jerome Hughes, then passed to Ezra Mam who scored for the Broncos!

Omar…. Give it a rest! Meaney’s gone, he had 3yrs to cement that fullback role, but didn’t and left!

We move on as he has!

Now if Ronald Volkman kicks butt today for the Warriors…. Don’t you dare start another f{}cking thread on him about being a Bulldogs Jr and could have been our halfback saviour!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo is improving each game. Looks like we just need a 7.
The old saying, everything happens for a reason… Averillo finally got his chance at fullback and he looks like the answer the more we see him in action. With a legitimate hooker coming, the games best edge runner and maybe even a good 7 to help out Burton, guys like Averillo will only get better with more quality around him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im fuming too Omar…. Meaney pulled out a classic Bulldogs attacking play moment last night when he tried to grubber the ball for a repeat set, only for a Bronco’s to collect it, Walters ran 50m, was about to be chased down by Jerome Hughes, then passed to Ezra Mam who scored for the Broncos!

Omar…. Give it a rest! Meaney’s gone, he had 3yrs to cement that fullback role, but didn’t and left!

We move on as he has!

Now if Ronald Volkman kicks butt today for the Warriors…. Don’t you dare start another f{}cking thread on him about being a Bulldogs Jr and could have been our halfback saviour!
You just know he or someone else will make a Volkman thread as soon as he does anything good.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched that try assist to Hughes. The one thing with Meaney that bugged me a bit when he was with us was the lack of acceleration.

And in that instance, he’s in the open and still got shirt grabbed. Still got the pass off for a try but still, it was those little 1 percenters that annoyed me.

Averillo would’ve burned them put in that same scenario.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to everyone on here,He was a powder puff and not first grade material lol. I kept saying he was a fullback and he was quality.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shut the fuck up. I'm sick of hearing about Meaney and Reimis etc as if we lost Thurston again. Averillo has shown more the last two weeks at fullback than Meaney did in three seasons at the club. If Meaney was still with us, he wouldn't look as good. Anyone can look good playing for Melbourne.
People have to realise...
Smith was on 400k had a shitty lazy attitude and wanted to play centre tried and failed,
Meaney was offered more by us but decided to flee a sinking ship signing for less with Melbourne,
Averillo is a much more talented young player now playing at his natural position he will become one of the elite fullbacks in the the game.
But no let's just keep on crying over some rotten spilt milk.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s shit
He was one of our better players last year - not that that is saying much! I would have kept him instead of signing Dufty, but he didn't want to play for us, and I, for one, don't want anybody in the team who doesn't want to be there.

Apart from that, Averillo's form the past two games suggests we might have pulled a rabbit out of the hat.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Congratulations man your opinion has been verified by a 12yr old pest named Omar. Must be right with such a strong backing.
Clearly he is a smart 12 year old pest, you could probably learn from this Omar

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Average player who looks good in an excellent system. We made an offer and he went elsewhere, I don't blame him, who would want to play for a coach with a 12% win record.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Average player who looks good in an excellent system. We made an offer and he went elsewhere, I don't blame him, who would want to play for a coach with a 12% win record.
Yes an average player that can and will improve in a system like Melbourne's, I've mentioned this before even my friends laughed at me but I have no regrets now we are heading in the right direction !

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jaydon Okunbor is better than Nick Meany at table tennis..... Change my mind !