Official Nick Cotric signs three year deal with the Bulldogs

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mate is mates with Sam Ayoub's son.

He says Cotric wanted to stay at the Raiders, but Ayoub was using the dogs to up the price.
Now he is pissed off cause he never wanted the dogs, was part of the raiders rebuild, doesn't want to do it again

Roosters have offered a lower price but with options and he wants to keep playing origin finals etc
Normally I'd call BS on this after most of the media said it was a done deal but after the Api fiasco, and with this board's less than stellar track record, this could be true.

WTF? Roosters. Fuck me how many rep players do they want in their side. Talk about buying a comp. Here's a novel idea....why don't we introduce a "salary cap" so the talent is distributed evenly across all teams. That way we don't have a side like the Roosters with 10+ rep players and a side like the Bulldogs with 10+ Jersey Flegg players (calling them park footballers is an insult to park footballers)

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Normally I'd call BS on this after most of the media said it was a done deal but after the Api fiasco, and with this board's less than stellar track record, this could be true.

WTF? Roosters. Fuck me how many rep players do they want in their side. Talk about buying a comp. Here's a novel idea....why don't we introduce a "salary cap" so the talent is distributed evenly across all teams. That way we don't have a side like the Roosters with 10+ rep players and a side like the Bulldogs with 10+ Jersey Flegg players (calling them park footballers is an insult to park footballers)
As soon as players start taking contracts with teams worth half the value of what another team has offered the salary cap becomes a complete joke.

Oh wait, it already happens.

The salary cap is a joke, either get rid of it, or start having an offer tabling system where if a player is officially tabled an offer by a club but takes a lower offer from another club, the larger counts against the cap.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The salary cap is a joke, either get rid of it, or start having an offer tabling system where if a player is officially tabled an offer by a club but takes a lower offer from another club, the larger counts against the cap.
I like that idea. That could work because right now we look like the English Premier League as opposed to a system operating under a "salary cap'

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As soon as players start taking contracts with teams worth half the value of what another team has offered the salary cap becomes a complete joke.

Oh wait, it already happens.

Don't talk sense like that. It'll only frustrate you when dealing with the NRL. It makes it close to impossible to establish a level playing field when certain clubs that are heavily connected to third parties can pay a significantly smaller portion of the wage under the cap and just top it up with outside deals. If the best offer on the table had to be honoured to get the player the talent levels of every team would be more balanced and the competition would be far more balanced. As it stands, many fans get disillusioned with seeing their teams struggle to get out of holes. There's nothing worse than seeing your club produce a real talent and having that player poached by a glamour club supposedly on the cheap.

The only way clubs should get a salary cap exemption is if they are the ones that introduce a player to professional football. For instance, if we identify a 16yo and develop them till they're 19 and they make their debut we can honour the best outside offer, but 10% of that isn't counted in the salary cap. Certain clubs might always produce excess talent, but it will motivate many teams to develop more talent. As it stands I think a lot of teams have dropped the ball with player development.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I can only assume all will be relieved after the Canberra game. Nearly all signing announcements happen after the departing teams game. Not fussed. Great signing.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Size, Pace & Youth not to mention a representative player. Great signing and has potential to be a Bulldog great for many years to come.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can only assume all will be relieved after the Canberra game. Nearly all signing announcements happen after the departing teams game. Not fussed. Great signing.
They played Thursday. It was announced Friday. You’re on the money just a bit behind haha

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im getting bad vibes about this
Have to agree. Said yesterday if we don't hear anything by this evening then something is up. Stuart has said goodbye. His players have said goodbye. Journos are saying that he's a Bulldog. But absolutely nothing.

Something doesn't smell right on this.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They played Thursday. It was announced Friday. You’re on the money just a bit behind haha
Fair point this actually. He's got going to announce it before his game is played. Hadn't thought about that!

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s an article about Cotric wanting to go Roosters but the deal falling over. I can’t read it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn't stress too much about there being no press release from the club.

They're still typing one up on their typewriters to officially inform us that Terry Lamb has signed from Wests.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Roosters: Tupou, J. Morris, Manu, B. Morris. It was also reported recently Morris brothers are going around again and so they should, they're in great form. Not sure why they'd need Cotric. This is similar to when people were saying CHN to the Roosters, I just don't see it with the roster they have.

Dog R Us

Waterboy
Reaction score
Roosters: Tupou, J. Morris, Manu, B. Morris. It was also reported recently Morris brothers are going around again and so they should, they're in great form. Not sure why they'd need Cotric. This is similar to when people were saying CHN to the Roosters, I just don't see it with the roster they have.
You don't see it because it's not true. Do you think the Roosters would spend 600k for a winger? They let Ferguson leave because of the 500k offer he got from Parra.

Cotric desperately fills a centre spot for us adding size, speed and although only 21 he has played 80 first grade games so he has experience.
However no point in having him in the backline if there is no quality ball distributors.

I know the Storm have called Harry Grant to go back in 2021 but hes a future Qld & Aust hooker & i think we should go in hard and offer big dollars to get him.....go all out.

Alex Johnston wants to play fullback, has speed, skill & another with experience. Id find a spot for Euan Aitken - so when you add DWZ & Reimis you got a very good mix of speed and defence.

We need a front rower to add some real mongrel like James Graham when he first came to us. James Tamou & Christian Welch are both off contract and would fit in perfectly

The halves are of concern because theres not much on the market. Matt Burton is still in contract at the Panthers but he's a real goer and may be looking for a permanent first grade spot. If not Tyrone May has shown he's a brilliant attacker and he is on the market.