Opinion Next week vs Cowboys

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Geez could we get any unluckier with who we bought :(
Yeah he's shit... Matt fucking Moylon would have been better than this fucker and that feel terrible to say haha

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think the 17 will change unless we get players back from injury. There is no one to bring in unfortunately. I would have Doorey in the 17 but Waddell was decent today.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Somehow need to address the following in 1 Week (Goodluck Baz):

1. We gave the Storm way too many fast play the balls, S. Katoa was rubbish once again, Topine was better, but our bench props and 2nd rowers were rubbish in defence, that includes Elliot. Jackson was good defensively but offered nothing in attack. We have too many players that do one thing well and another thing terribly.

2. Averillo looked great in attack, best game by far, but struggles in defence, he needs to find his feet asap.

3. Flanagan was hot and cold, he looked better in attack but had some really poor kicks \ 5th tackle decisions.

4. Katoa (the other one) got some good ball from Avo and Allan but couldn't finish, it really killed us.

5. Napa and his cohort of reggies backup props - not much to say about them other than '1 more year'

6. Cotric - wtf our star signing looked lost and uninterested, in saying that we didn't use him enough.

7. Hopoate '1 more year' unsalvagable at this point. The season is done, why not blood Schoup

Positives:

Avo & DWZ in attack
Allan looks good at left centre
Thompson and Hetherington are our props for the future

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Somehow need to address the following in 1 Week (Goodluck Baz):

1. We gave the Storm way too many fast play the balls, S. Katoa was rubbish once again, Topine was better, but our bench props and 2nd rowers were rubbish in defence, that includes Elliot. Jackson was good defensively but offered nothing in attack. We have too many players that do one thing well and another thing terribly.

2. Averillo looked great in attack, best game by far, but struggles in defence, he needs to find his feet asap.

3. Flanagan was hot and cold, he looked better in attack but had some really poor kicks \ 5th tackle decisions.

4. Katoa (the other one) got some good ball from Avo and Allan but couldn't finish, it really killed us.

5. Napa and his cohort of reggies backup props - not much to say about them other than '1 more year'

6. Cotric - wtf our star signing looked lost and uninterested, in saying that we didn't use him enough.

7. Hopoate '1 more year' unsalvagable at this point. The season is done, why not blood Schoup

Positives:

Avo & DWZ in attack
Allan looks good at left centre
Thompson and Hetherington are our props for the future
Hetherington needs to be replaced, done absolutely nothing to backup last weeks game. We need a better prop partnering Thompson.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Hetherington needs to be replaced, done absolutely nothing to backup last weeks game. We need a better prop partnering Thompson.
Wasn't his best game but I don't think 71 metres 18 tackles and 10 hitups in 46 mins is too bad. He also reads the play better than all our other forwards if you watch him off the ball

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we don’t put ourselves in a position to win this game... will we even win a game this season?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Time for some serious changes:

1: DWZ
2: Cotric
3: Allan
4: Schoupp (promoted)
5: Meaney (If not anyone but Katoa, even Hoppa where he won't be as exposed defensively as in the centres)
6: Averillo
7: Lewis (Sorry but Flanagan was embarrassing yesterday and made Averillo do everything..)
8: Thompson (c)
9: Topine (has to start based on effort alone)
10: Atoni
11: Elliott
12: Doorey
13: Jackson

14: JMK
15: Hetherington (he shouldn't play more than 30 minutes)
16: Ogden
17: Waddell (is lucky to make the bench)

At least with that starting 13 there are no passengers or liabilities and you know there will be effort and hunger from most of those players.

Napa, Hoppa, both Katoa's to never play FG again and Flanagan to try and learn how to play football in Reserves which hopefully makes daddy get him a release so we can sign someone else..

Last edited:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Time for some serious changes:

1: DWZ
2: Cotric
3: Allan
4: Schoupp (promoted)
5: Meaney (If not anyone but Katoa, even Hoppa where he won't be as exposed defensively as in the centres)
6: Averillo
7: Lewis (Sorry but Flanagan was embarrassing yesterday and made Averillo do everything..)
8: Thompson (c)
9: Topine (has to start based on effort alone)
10: Atoni
11: Elliott
12: Doorey
13: Jackson

14: JMK
15: Hetherington (he shouldn't play more than 30 minutes)
16: Ogden
17: Waddell (is lucky to make the bench)

At least with that starting 13 there are no passengers or liabilities and you know there will be effort and hunger from most of those players.

Napa, Hoppa, both Katoa's to never play FG again and Flanagan to try and learn how to play football in Reserves which hopefully makes daddy get him a release so we can sign someone else..
This is pretty close to the team I’d go with but Jesus that pack and bench looks bleak no matter which way it’s assembled. Wish we had a young bull knocking on the door in the lower grades that we could promote.

One things for certain though is we need more minutes out of Topine.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is pretty close to the team I’d go with but Jesus that pack and bench looks bleak no matter which way it’s assembled. Wish we had a young bull knocking on the door in the lower grades that we could promote.

One things for certain though is we need more minutes out of Topine.
You're right, it is but I think that pack has the best balance. Doorey deserves a chance. Renouf is more consistent/less erratic than Hetherington and Ogden defensively and there's no more Napa!

So yeah, still issues everywhere but I hate that Hetherington and Waddell get handed starting spots when both need to be benched to pull their head in.

It seems like so far Baz is only holding Cotric, Allan, Renouf, Lewis etc accountable while his favourites Hetherington, Flanagan, Napa, Katoa, Hoppa, Waddell etc can play as bad as they want and put in no effort defensively and still start or get picked every week.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is Hoppa injured???
Surely you can't go downhill and struggle that bad in one year????
Naaah... he just doesn't give a damn. We gave up Morris and Morris and kept Hopoate - more crazy retention plans that have made us a joke.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not exactly sure but unless topine is part of top 30, katoa will still be selecte ahead of him. Topine only allowed to play due to injury to jmk.? Schoupp may get a game if you tui katoa is injured

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After watching the cows play they ain’t as shit as people think. Well compared to us we are still a few steps behind.... I can see us winning if we defend better but I doubt it. We prob will slap some points in the board but the speed and kicking of the cows will prob be to good for us

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Not exactly sure but unless topine is part of top 30, katoa will still be selecte ahead of him. Topine only allowed to play due to injury to jmk.? Schoupp may get a game if you tui katoa is injured
Diddly, you need to get to training this week and ensure that Tui does cop an injury........then maybe Schoup may have a chance of a run. Why can we not drop Christian Crighton from the top 30 if he is unlikely to play again this season. I would rather someone who can play 20 out of 26 games than someone who can only manage 2 or 3 at best. I could even live with dropping S Katoa from the squad as well.........